“DEPLORABLE!!”

Ranked #70 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Ridgely, Maryland, United States
“DEPLORABLE!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My daughter and I got a room in early April so, I didn't expect things to be functioning as they would in the summer. However, they should be clean and safe at least, right?
The office was barely even an office. It has ONE coffee pot for ALL the guests. No microwave in the room, and the fridge was dirty. EVERYTHING was dirty..from dust on the furniture to a FILTHY carpet, and a chair I wouldn't even let a pet sleep in. My skin crawled just walking into this room. The icing on the cake was when I found out the lock on the door was nothing more than a chain lock...and there was a crack between the door and jamb about 1/2 an inch wide. I told my daughter do NOT unpack. I went to the desk clerk, who was VERY nice and she gave me a complete refund. The staff was very friendly but, it just didn't make up for the dirty room, and the building itself was in desperate need of repair. Never again would I consider staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Debbie L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at Seabonay The third week of Sept and loved it! We were on the first floor easy access to the beach and 1 block from the boardwalk. It was great! We went to be by the ocean and that's exactly what we got. The room was perfect for what we wanted, the customer service was very genuine and sincere (which is very important to me). And the price was unbelievable! We look forward to staying there next September too. Thanks Seabonay for making our stay a memorable one. 5 stars
Sincerely, Pantelas Family

1 Thank teddypantelas
tulipg17
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed here with my sister in the beginning of the season May 30th 2013. It was clean and comfortable with a lovely oceanfront view and a good location. They upgraded us to an ocean view room for free when we arrived, I assume because the hotel wasn't full and we were only staying one day. We really appreciated this and would consider coming back due to this extra service.

Room Tip: Ocean view was just beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank tulipg17
Elmira NY
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I must admit, I was terrified to stay here just based on some of the reviews posted here and various other places. It by no means was the nicest place I have ever stayed, but I feel like it could need some defending. We had a second floor room that faced the near by 'Dunes Hotel' but we could see the ocean from one of our windows and we could walk to the balcony at the end of the 'hall' to see the ocean even better. Every person we encountered at the front desk was fantastic, from check-in, to the night auditor to check-out everyone was great and very helpful. Our room could use some help, but it WAS CLEAN. The wall paper was peeling in places and the paint on the ceiling was peeling as well, the new bathroom was awesome, the carpet & beds were clean. The motel is pretty run down, but it's old ... like a lot of other hotels/motels in OC, it was great for the price, considering all we used the room for was to sleep and shower, it was perfect. If you go on vacation to hang out in your hotel room, this is not the place for you, but if you go on vacation to GO ON VACATION, give it a shot.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Jessica W
LYNBROOK
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed at in July for 2 nights. Last minute reservation. Disgusting room- 2nd floor end unit facing ocean (south end). Filthy carpeting. Peeling wall paper with what looked like mold behind it. Door lock broken and replacement lock barely locked door. Room smelled like it had not been cleaned since the 1970's. If not for the " new bathroom" i don't know what we would have done for using the bathroom. In looking at exterior of many units, air conditioners all had ice buckets to collect the water dripping from the units. The ice machine looked like it was 40 years old and certainly not anything i would use for an ice supply. Front windows, including ours, filthy as i had to clean it myself. Any reviews that state contrary opinion are probably made up and not to be believed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DAVID P

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly, helpful and accomodating.The rooms were very clean and the location was great!
I would highly recommend this motel to anyone. We'll definitely be returning next summer. Thank you for making our vacation great!

1 Thank tjames_mt
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Seabony had a great location & staff. Very friendly especially brook hamrock! Would recommend this place highly. Great places around the motel as well. Great view of the ocean & easy access to the beach. Had a great time here.

2 Thank Leeannsky68