“It is what it is!”

Ranked #70 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania
“It is what it is!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Cheap ocean front vacation!
We stayed on the 3rd floor ocean Front.
Pro's
Amazing view, newly remodeled bathroom, clean linens, plenty of towels, short walk to beach and a very friendly and helpful staff!
Con's
Very run down, carpet was horrible... had to go buy room slippers so my feet would never have to touch floor. Air conditioner won't make it till mid summer.
The hope is that it is a work in progress.
Will I stay there again?
Yes!! Because I spent only sleeping time in the room, I felt safe there and yes because its cheap!
I can take more vacations :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Lori Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Well where can I start... I guess start with the light-switch that turned on the tv. That sucked. I had 2 other roommates of mine, accompanied by the 5 flies, Chumlee, Cletus, Lloyd, Juan, and Bart... We also did not have toilet paper the first day... You can imagine the crap we got into.. The front desk lady was also the maid, the janitor, the night guard, and the pool attendant... I don't think she was a certified lifeguard either. But that is all speculation I guess. Now on to the disturbance outside my door that didn't lock. A African American man screamed something very terrifying at 2 in the morning. Very disturbing. Overall this place sucked. Also the sheets were stapled to the bed! I was freezing and my sheets wouldn't cover me... SILLY STRING!!! On my ceiling!! Why????? I contracted several warts on the feet from the dirty carpet. Very displeased about that. The toilet almost never clogged tho, so that's about the only plus I can think of. I wouldn't not recommend this dump to my worst enemy. Save yourselves the terror and do not stay here.

• Stayed June 2014
8 Thank Bmac062395

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I loved our four night beachfront Memorial Day weekend stay! We stayed on the first floor facing the beach and there is easy/fast access to the boardwalk to your right, the ocean can be clearly seen, and to you left there is an excellent outdoor bar/restaurant! The staff were all polite and helpful. Thank you Seabonay Motel!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jeffery I
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We decided to go away for Memorial day weekend VERY last minute. This was one of the only places available for a decent price. It's right next to the beach and the boardwalk is a few steps away. The staff was nice. The room was a little outdated. But, it is a beach motel. Don't expect anything fancy. It may have been the time of year but, we did unfortunately run into some loud late night club goers. In the end it worked out for the best. We had a place to sleep and an awesome view to wake up to.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view room. It seems to outweigh the bad stuff. When you wake up to the sound of the wa...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brandon K
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The staff at the hotel are very nice but that does not make up for the poor living conditions! The carpet is damp and we had to prop a chair up against the door for added security! The beds are hard and smell musty! The towels had hair/makeup on them which was down right disgusting! The wallpaper was also peeling off of the wall and the carpet had multiple burn marks (in a non smoking room at that). The staff is very friendly and although there is only one coffee pot/microwave for the entire motel that was enough for us (we took our own griddle). All and all we would not stay here again, it's not that great of a deal!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank barbarah339
Ridgely, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My daughter and I got a room in early April so, I didn't expect things to be functioning as they would in the summer. However, they should be clean and safe at least, right?
The office was barely even an office. It has ONE coffee pot for ALL the guests. No microwave in the room, and the fridge was dirty. EVERYTHING was dirty..from dust on the furniture to a FILTHY carpet, and a chair I wouldn't even let a pet sleep in. My skin crawled just walking into this room. The icing on the cake was when I found out the lock on the door was nothing more than a chain lock...and there was a crack between the door and jamb about 1/2 an inch wide. I told my daughter do NOT unpack. I went to the desk clerk, who was VERY nice and she gave me a complete refund. The staff was very friendly but, it just didn't make up for the dirty room, and the building itself was in desperate need of repair. Never again would I consider staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Debbie L
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at Seabonay The third week of Sept and loved it! We were on the first floor easy access to the beach and 1 block from the boardwalk. It was great! We went to be by the ocean and that's exactly what we got. The room was perfect for what we wanted, the customer service was very genuine and sincere (which is very important to me). And the price was unbelievable! We look forward to staying there next September too. Thanks Seabonay for making our stay a memorable one. 5 stars
Sincerely, Pantelas Family