“I honestly loved our trip here...”

Crystal Beach Hotel
Ranked #56 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I just got back from a 5 night stay with my mom and son. For an ocean city hotel trust me this one was not bad at all!!! The front desk people were nothing but nice to us and helpful when asking about places to eat. The rooms were spacious while not luxurious they were clean...our housekeeper Jolin or yolin did an extremely good job of taking care of the room. It was a good location as well...a block away from the bus stop and you could catch the tram right outside on the boardwalk....beware tram is soooo slow and will stop every 15 feet to let people off and on. I don't know what people expect for a beach hotel if you want lap of luxury go stay at the ritz carlton. I would come back again and recommend!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank allisonunger

Reviewed 20 July 2011

Strange since this is a relateivly newer property on the beach. I think they got the mattresses used from another hotel. A large portion of the box spring side was covered with what looked like blood. I pointed it out to my husband and he said, dont worry about itt. After I thought about it later, I cursed myself for tolerating sleeping on it.
Around $250 per nite. Slumlord.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel in OC with friends. It had a great view of the ocean and was in a nice location. The room was clean enough with a small refrigerator/microwave. The only complaint was that the front desk was not very friendly either on the phone or in person. Nobody at the front desk (who we talked to) was accommodating or helpful. It's a shame because, otherwise, it was a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank battlefan
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My husband and I happened upon Crystal Beach Hotel five summers ago. We absolutely love it. Love the quiet end of the boardwalk, enjoy the swimming pool, have gotten to know our wonderful maid, Cheryl, who even babysat for us this summer so we could go out alone. No, it's not fancy. Yes, bring your own utensils and such. But for boardwalk, a parking space, a pool, it can't be beat. Two summers we've needed to leave a day early and, having gotten to know the owners, they've graciously refunded our last night without us even asking. We will continue to stay at and recommend Crystal Beach Hotel. Thanks, guys! Husband and I coming back alone in a few weeks!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank YearlyVisitors
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I stayed here a few years ago with a friend. The room was very clean and it had a jacuzzi which was a plus. It is on the quiet, more relaxing end of the boardwalk but it is still close to everything. I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone who would like to stay on the beach but does not want to be in a noisy area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cassandra V
Reviewed 10 March 2011

It was a very nice hotel, however, only a week before I was to stay they notified me by email that they have a policy where guests under 25 who are not accompanied by parent or legal guardian must pay a $100 cash security deposit EACH on top of the initial deposit. I was very disappointed by such a deposit that is not required by any other hotel. This policy was not listed on the site. Our room was clean and comfortable but having to put down $200 cash certainly put a damper on our stay and the staff was rather rude. I have since booked with other hotels and have not had to pay this fee. If you are over 25, this is a great place to stay; under 25- There are other comparable hotels that are more receptive and respectful.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We booked a room for Friday and Saturday night, due to check out Sunday morning. I was with my husband and our 3 year old son. When you check out the hotels website they say the place was built in 2002 but the rooms had more of a feel of the early 80's. The second night we were there the sliding glass door completely came off the hidges (remember traveling with a 3 year old boy) and when my husband went to the front desk to report the problem the man behind the counter informed him that the maintenance guy was out for the day. The hotel was completely booked so they couldn't move us to another room. Needless to say I had a hard time sleeping due to the fact that I thought my son would wander out of our first floor room and climb the rails and end up on the boardwalk or who knows where. When my husband called to inquire about some sort of partial refund the manager told him there was nothing he could do than offer us a discount on a future trip. My husband informed the manager that wasn't going to happen and we would never come back. I have stayed at other hotels in Ocean City and I very much regret trying something new. Next time we are going to stay at the Sea Hawk!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family