“Fits the bill to a T”

Ranked #39 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Columbia, Maryland USA
“Fits the bill to a T”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

When I was planning my first trip to OC, I was quite surprised to see a motel ranked #1 on TripAdvisor for hotels in OC, the #1 being this one. Motels usually translate to cheap accomodations in my mind, and from my experience. And given today's economy, I needed to save my money. So going on TripAdvisor experience, I booked a night here. It was well worth it!

This motel is quite inexpensive (paid $75 for a 2 queen bed room WITH an extra sofa bed). It had a good kitchenette included (pots, pans, stove, microwave, fridge, etc.). Room was decent; comforters were a bit dated, but I wasn't expecting Marriott quality at that price point. It was clean, comfortable, safe. Proximity to the beach was awesome. It literally is a block away from the sand. And u don't cross any major streets. One residential block, and you're there. To top it off, the lady who booked us in gave my 2 kids 2 free beach pails & shovels. Excellent , friendly staff.

I compared the price of the #2 hotel on TA, and that was like $300. The Seahawk's location is also very good for families. Since it is a bit north of the big big hotel properties with thousands of rooms, the area of the beach you are near is not as crowded, I believe, as the parts closer south to the Boardwalk. And driving from SeaHawk to the south area (Boardwalk area) was only a pleasant 10 min. drive down Coastal Highway.

Without a doubt, if we go to OC again, we will book again with this well tended beach motel. I'm used to 4-star hotels, and if I need/want that level, and willing to pay for it, I'm sure I would ... but for a quick trip to the beach wit h the kids, this motel fits the bill to a T!

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank ibookstore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We booked the efficiency room for our stay. The room was spacious, clean and everything we needed was there (big fridge, oven, dishes, toaster, etc.). Staff was friendly and housekeeping did a great job everyday. The beach is 2-min walk from the hotel, which maked the location very convenient. Restaurants, shops and grocery store are located near Sea Hawk Motel. The only negative aspects are that it is a bit far from the boardwalk and the noise insulation from the adjacent boulevard is not good, but this would not prevent us from staying at this hotel again. Highly recommended, excellent value for the price!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GoNordiquesGo
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 August 2011

This place is an excellent family run motel at a reasonable price.... PERIOD !
We have FINALLY found a great place for us to come back to Ocean City every summer as we have been doing for over 30 years. Some of the old motels need improvements so we don't go back.......not this one!
We loved it....friendly helpful staff...My wife only returns to CLEAN and comfortable hotels.....We WILL BE BACK next summer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank pennstfan
Central PA
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed at the Sea Hawk for 3 nights in the beginning of August. It was very clean and comfortable. At check-in they even gave our 3 year old a little bucket and shovel for the beach. Parking was great... we never had trouble finding a spot when returning to the motel. It's located right along the highway, but our room was actually very quiet. We didn't even hear the people in neighboring rooms. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank JoKur6207
State College, PA
Reviewed 6 August 2011

There's nothing fancy about The Sea Hawk Motel, but it is clean and the owners and staff are really nice and accommodating. We had a second floor room -- I think it was quieter than being on the ground floor.

Rooms are big -- no problem for our family of four. New comforters on the beds were cheery. The bathroom was dated but spotless.

It's not close to the boardwalk, so you'll have to drive to for restaurants and attractions, but we didn't find it a big problem, even during the summer season.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank theaquitaine
Maryland
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I found the Sea Hawk Motel online and liked the location, the price, and the good reviews I read. Still, I wasn't expecting much and I was very pleasantly surprised. The motel was exceptionally well maintained for an older motel, with fresh paint, everything clean and no musty beach motel smell. The grounds were well-tended, with flowers and shrubbery everywhere. The efficiency contained two double beds separating by a folding curtain from the living room section with double sofa bed. The kitchen was adequate, although it contained minimal dishes, utensils and pots. The bathroom could have used a fan, but the window could be opened for airing it after showers. The pool was small but pleasant, with plenty of lounges and chairs. The staff was pleasant, and there was always coffee available in the office. The location, 125th on the ocean side of Coastal Hwy was pleasant and very convenient as long as you didn't want to go downtown to the Ocean City boardwalk.

Room Tip: Efficiencies and regular rooms are about the same size and price. Elevator serves the 4 floors. M...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank tag1000
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Last weekend, my boyfriend and I stayed at the Sea Hawk for the second time. The room was clean (aside from a few flies we had to kill when we first arrived in our room--they probably got in while the maid was cleaning.) They give you lots of towels and wash cloths, which I like! The efficiency room had two double beds and a couch, as well as a large tv and table and chairs. The motel is only a block from the beach, which is convenient. It is also about 5 blocks from the amazing Crab Bag restaurant!! The motel is quiet (and we were on the first floor) because it is far from the boardwalk. We like The Sea Hawk and highly recommend it to others who are looking for a nice motel in Ocean City, MD :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple