“The reviews lead us here-thanks!”
Review of Sea Hawk Motel

Sea Hawk Motel
Ranked #39 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Avondale, Pennsylvania
“The reviews lead us here-thanks!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We trust Trip Advisor and with all the places in Ocean City, MD to stay, (and we have been to many already) we chose the Seahawk Motel. It is definitely convenient to many places in north Ocean City. The lovely Northside Park is across the street a bit. If you want to see the sunset from the pier, it is spectacular! Also close is the beach right behind the motel.
The place is very neat and clean. It smells good! When we saw the room, it was like a beach cottage! They have done a few renovations...new tile in bathroom and new rugs. We had a kitchen area with a big fridge. We only have a complaint of lack of shampoo, tissues and paper towels, so you better bring your own. Lots of parking, but we had two cars, so had to park on side street as you get one space. May be different in height of summer. Wifi was slow too.
Prices are good. I'd recommend too.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank DomGoddess

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have been going to the Sea Hawk since 2010 when I found great reviews for it here. I am a person that needs cleanliness in the place I stay so I automatically (thanks to assumptions) stay away from motels. This place is the exception to the rule.

Pros:
-Price cannot be beat. Seriously. While we can certainly afford to pay more for a hotel, I am the bargain hunter of the family and cannot reconcile overpaying for accomodations if possible.
-I love that the motel is literally a couple of minutes away from the beach and that I don't have to cross Coastal just to get there (especially with a young child in tow).
-Clean! I have never felt, in all of the times I've stayed here, that the Sea Hawk were dirty or disgusting.
-Customer service here is AWESOME! The ladies are wonderful in the front office and are so focused on making sure the guests are happy (probably why you see so many repeat visitors at the Sea Hawk and on the reviews here). We were concerned about the exploits of the people next to us and they took care of it. Wonderful!
-Quiet location is wonderful for a young family (although it could certainly be a con for those that like to party). I was never worried about our daughter being woken up because of noise at this property.
-There are some great places to get a quick bite right across the street including Dumsers and just down the street is Uber Bagels (which I really like).
-Private pool for motel guests is great when you don't feel like lugging everything out in the sand (especially with a young child). While it's not very deep, it is very well cared for and I've never seen it too crowded.

Cons:
-Not close to bars or the boardwalk, if that is important to you.
-Decor is a bit dated but nicely cared for.
-No frills (and there shouldn't be considering the price you pay) which bothers some but doesn't even matter to us.

All in all, this is a great location to stay while in Ocean City and you really should trust the countless positive reviews because they definitely are real regardless what some may want to think on here. Whenever people say they're going to Ocean City I always recommend they check out the Sea Hawk for a great and inexpensive place to stay minutes from the beach.

Room Tip: We prefer to stay on the higher floors in an efficiency to help with daytime noise from the pool are...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank StephanieLF82
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This motel is perfectly situated in Ocean City.
Stayed here for 2 nights and could not ask for a cleaner and affordable place to stay.

Walking distance to the gorgeous beach (maybe a 2 min walk) clean and spacious rooms, nice pool.

A quick ride on the bus will take you to the best parts of Ocean City - including Seacrets and the boardwalk. Lots of places to eat and drink within walking distance (including CVS)

I hope to return again soon!

Room Tip: Our room faced the Coastal Highway....a little noisy at night, but nothing that kept us up.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sabby1981
New Jersey
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed here two night before joining my family in the beach house rental. Check in/out was fast and friendly and we were given helpful recommendations for dining. Although the room was a little out-dated it was clean and well maintained. We stayed on the second floor and had a loud group of teenagers/20 somethings above us that were up until early morning partying so not sure why they didn't put them on the ground floor. We didn't really get any quality sleep because of this.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jen91610
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is the 3rd year in a row that we've stayed at the Sea Hawk in Ocean City and we've yet to be disappointed. In my previous review I said it was like our home-away-from-home and that still holds true. It is so comfortable, laid back and relaxing there that I wish we could go more often. The pool is beautiful, the room is spacious (we get one with a kitchen in it) and relaxing. Good Air Conditioning, yes they're wall units but it kept our room nice and chilled throughout our stay. What I like is that every time we've checked in our room already had the AC on so we didn't walk into an overly-hot room.
I know it sounds like I'm gushing but we love it there. You canNOT beat the price. Stay here, you will not regret it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Matchgame90
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Nicest room I have seen so far for a 'shore' rental. The staff were very pleasant and couldn't do enough to make our stay as great as it was. Thank you to the wonderful people who make this motel a wonderful place to stay!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank 257Brenda
Wood Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and 2 young children (3 and 1 1/2yrs old) stayed here the last week of August 2013. It was our first time in Ocean City and we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean. The fridge, stove and microwave are perfect especially with 2 young kids. The staff is very friendly especially housekeeping. They quickly got us whatever we needed be it towels or new garbage bags they were great. The beach is just a short walk away about 1 1/2 blocks. We absolutely loved Dumser's which was located right across the street. They had a great breakfast and ice cream and very family friendly. My only complaint would be the water pressure in the shower and the water would go from warm to cold then back to warm but the kids thought that was so much fun! When we arrived our toilet wasn't flushing properly, but within minutes someone came to take care of that and it was quickly fixed. Overall a great time in Ocean City and the Sea Hawk motel. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Recommend staying 2nd floor and above. They do have an elevator. Bring a sponge to clean the dishe...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family