“Horrible Customer Service”
Review of Kings Arms Motel

Kings Arms Motel
Ranked #87 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I will NEVER stay there again. I had reserved a one bed king size and was called 2 days prior that I would have to stay in a 2 bed room instead. My fiancé and I accepted. On the day of our check in a couple (Business Partners) asked if they could stay with us I said yes. Trying to be nice I went to ask the front desk if I would have to pay any extra fees and the lady went off saying I had to pay an additional $25 per person. I told her that's why I was there to pay any additional fees If I wanted I could've not said anything and not paid them. In addition the Lobby was closed when I wanted to check out at 8:30am because I had somewhere to be and ended up being charged an extra $50. Lady at the desk is was absolutely RUDE and proceeded to showing me a tiny piece of paper on the door (1 1/2" x 5") with instructions of checking out if lobby was closed.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor and could hear the person next door snoring in the middle of the night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael M

Reviewed 3 September 2013

It is a last minute motel on Labor Day weekend in OC. AC worked very well. Almost no hot water and very little water pressure. Room had a little fridge and microwave. Not "dirty" but could use new carpet and some renovations.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SK2Hutch
Reviewed 25 August 2013

this motel is really terrible , when I say it's a dump , I am 100% serious , the service I terrible especially the woman walking around, I think she is the owner , she is really terrible with no customer service at all, I will never stay in that place again, that place is trash , the bathroom stinks

Room Tip: book early and get a better place for your family
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Nigel S
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

My cousins and I wanted to stay here for a nice family vacation, but the second we arrived, the lady owner treated us poorly and was very rude. We were an hour early for check in, but she was reluctant to let us park in their parking lot, which was not even close to being full. At check in, she was once again very rude in going through the motel policies. The place has no tables to sit down, no TVs, and is way overpriced. Would definitely not recommend, and would rather recommend staying in Howard Johnson across the street for much better value and customer service.

• Stayed: June 2013
7  Thank Evahouny
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

All things considered, this is a motel. But it is the first motel that I stayed in that I felt was clean. The owner of this place was amazing! Very nice and accommodating. She runs a tight ship and doesn't want a noisy place which was much appreciated by my family and myself. Will definately go back.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 10 October 2012

After reading the other reivews I thought that we had made a BIG mistake reserving rooms at the Kings Arms. My family and friends had 3 rooms for crusing week. There was a musty smell when we first arrived, however, once we were there awhile it was not even noticable. The managment was actually very nice and helpful. One room had trouble with a toilet and another with the TV remote. Both times someone was there to correct the problem right away. They even offered to move the people in the room that the toilet needed repair. But they corrected it so fast it wa not necessary to change rooms. The beds were quite comfortable. No its not the Ritz but - All in all it was a nice motel especially for the price! I would difinately stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DianeN414
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Discusting, couldnt sleep due to no curtains on the back window. Smells horrible. Gritty floors due to sand. They make you pay everything up front before seeing the room . Rules are unbelievable. Itchy bed, doors were almost impossible to open or close. Furniture was as old as the greek gods. Tv was dirty and small about 19inches, satellite kept knocking out. Spiders in the corner. No towels in bathroom. I would not recommend this dump to anyone there's plenty of other decent places to stay around here don't waste your money!

• Stayed: August 2012