“owner couldn't care less”
Review of Eden Roc Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Eden Roc Motel
Ranked #53 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Walked through the hallway and it smelled like vomit. We got our room and first thing we always do is check the beds for bugs. Pulled off the top blanket and saw ants crawling around the sheets. Went to front desk explained situation then was offered apartment, after already putting all of our stuff in it they came over to tell us we could not stay there the last night and would have to find another place. Then the owner proceeded to tell me that they checked our room and didn't find any ants, calling us liars. The owner couldn't have cared less whether we stayed or went. Next time I will remember to take pictures of what I find. Receptionist was very nice and was willing to make us happy but owner was rude and obviously didn't care about his customers. Got full refund and went elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank LancastermomOF2

Reviewed 21 June 2013

A friend shared this place with me a number of years ago, and have been returning every year since. My bestie and I stay here every year-this being our 4th. Easy reservations on the phone, and you have to mail your deposit-they won't take CC for the dep. You can pay the balance by card, but we always pay cash.
The older woman working at the desk is very nice and always sweet. Unfortunately, forgot to ask for the password for the free WiFi on checking in, and went over to ask some older man, who was VERY rude!! It was like I was bothering him, and he did NOT have anyone else in there, at the time. Oh well...
The location is fantastic-about a half block from the beach, and half a block to Phillip's Crab House, which is a personal favorite.
This year, you can tell they just painted the rooms and had brand new flat screen TV's. The place is always clean, but it is showing its age, as I believe the motel was built in the 1950's. There is a frig. and microwave in each room, and ceramic tile floors. I do know it's the beach, but it seemed like there was always sand on the floors.
There are few/no ammenities, other than the ones I mentioned, so I always take my own towels-theirs are tiny, take kleenex and paper towels, and a small rug for the bathroom as I hate standing on cold tile floors in the bathroom. Also take a wooden drying rack to hang out our swimsuits and beach towels.
For some reason, there was no phone in the room, hooked up-told the nice lady about it at check out today, and she was surprised and said it would be taken care of. Also, the bath did not drain at all, and every time we took a shower, there was several inches of water in the tub! Told her that, too.
Normally, the place is very quiet, but this time, the room above us sounded like people bowling or moving the furniture around, all night long!! I guess I should have walked over to the front desk to complain, but didn't know if they would have done anything, but the nice woman said they would have taken care of it, right away-lesson learned.
There is a nice, small pool there, and plenty of lounge chairs, too. I always fear they will sell the place and put up some super expensive highrise. You can't beat the price, or the location.

Room Tip: Pick one on the first floor, near the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank missjeepgirl
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is a gem in the rough. Cheap rates right on the boardwalk and the beach. Second time returning and will return again. Rooms were very clean. A/C worked very well and fridge. Had to pay .25 for ice and no elevator. Great location!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank ShaneMoore87
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I made reservations over the phone with a woman that was sweet as could be; unfortunately somethinng came up , I had to call and see about cancelling or rescheduling them. This time a guy picked up who was miserable beyond belief ,but anyway, I explained to him what had happened . He told me it was a 10 day policy for cancellation , which is fine. After that he asked me a question, which I did not hear so I said excuse me? , he raises his voices at me! So instead of rescheduling I told him I wanted to cancel it. Before I could ask anymore questions he hung up on me? How rude!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My family and I have been visiting the Eden Roc hotel for 20 years. We went ever year for about 10 years and then took a little hiatus as we started exploring other parts of the world. Last year, I went back with some girlfriends and we had the best time. The Eden Roc is a bit of a time warp. It is the same as it was 20 years ago. If you are hoping for a Hilton experience this is not it. It is however a great place to go if you are on a budget. We love the ocean front efficiencies. There's nothing like waking up in the morning and whipping open that shades and seeing that big blue ocean. You are also steps from the beach. The owner Bill - is a great guy and he really tries to keep guests happy. Here are some great things about the place:
1) LOCATION - literally steps from the beach, at the quieter end of the boardwalk
2) PRICE - the cheapest place on the boardwalk
3)POOL - the pool is not huge, but it is clean and there are plenty of beach chairs around
4) BIKES - bikes for rent right on the premises
5) GOOD VALUE FOR $ - let's face it - you are sleeping there - most of the time you'll be outside on the beach
6) KITCHENS in the EFFICIENCIES - has frig, oven, micro, etc. - great for eating breakfast & lunch in
7) BALCONY - not private you share with two other efficiences, but everyone is nice and you meet new people. It is great to sit out on and watch the sun come up and to people watch.

We love staying here because of the location. It has always been clean, and yes it is a bit tired looking, but it has never been a problem for us. Lots of families stay in the efficiencies and they have been coming back year after year. I think of it as a family place.

We did a check of the room when we arrived. It was clean and in good order. We even checked for beg bugs and found none.

We bring these items every time we go as they are not provided by the hotel:
kleenex, paper towels & dry towels for the kitchen, hand soap for the kitchen & bathroom

Room Tip: Stay in an efficiency, oceanfront - you will not be disappointed. Just remember you are not stayi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Stacy O
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Recently we made a last minute decision to join friends at Ocean City. Three weeks prior to our arrival all the hotels I checked had no vacancy until I found Edan roc. I felt lucky they had availability. Now I know why. To begin with I thought it unusual I had to send a check for one day to hold our reservation. When we arrived we had to pay for the remaining 3 days up front.Again unusual. We went to our room. the porch was 12 inches wide with a broken chair. Red flag. In the room 2 beds. Sqeaky and soft, no blankets, no tissues, no hair dryer, no iron, towels were small, thin and like sand paper and no coffee pot,no clock.Paying for ice was the kicker. Noticed all the hotels in the area had no vacancy signs except Edan Roc. What a surprise. I thought it was over priced for what they offered. the only positive was that it was close to the boardwalk and beach. Parking was at a premium.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mcmack3
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Great price for the location. We stayed in the Motel part which is right behind the boardwalk. There is also efficency apartments on the boardwalk. Check in was smooth. Staff, for the most part kept to themselves, unless you had a question or request. We asked for pillows and got them right away. The room was very clean. The pool was very nice and clean. Our room was poolside and I saw the staff cleaning and vacuming the pool every night. There was some comotion from another room and the staff, with the police resolved quickly. (However, we didn't mind too much. Free entertainment.) I think the only thing we didn't like was that you had to pay for the use of the ice machine. This is definately not an upscale motel, but your not paying for one. I'm sure we will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family