“Would and will stay there again”
Review of Eden Roc Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Eden Roc Motel
Ranked #51 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Would and will stay there again”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Ok. I'm gonna start off by saying after reading the reviews online, I was scared to death to get there and see what this place was... Literally sick thinking about it. So here's my review!!!

The motel does look retro... Walked in the office for the first time and was greated by two extremely friendly women at the desk. I got out keys and spoke a while and then off to the room. Parked right out front of our room and made it to the door.

When I walked in I was pleasantly surprised. The room was a nice size, very clean, no sand and no ants or any other bugs... Bed sheets and linens were clean. Smelled of a freshly cleaned room....

No maids walk right in as I had seen someone had posted... We never needed anything.... Very well stocked. Fridge and microwave worked great... Nice flat screen tv with lots of channels. Even tho we only had it on once.... Nice hot water in the showers. (And 4 of us went back to back and never ran out)... I had also taken extra towels, toilet paper, and paper towels... But could have saved the packing because we never needed them...

The pool was clean... And never over crowded...

I paid a great price and was very satisfied with the rooms. So don't let the other reviews scare you like they did me... I don't go to the beach to stay in a room... Friends of ours stayed in two other motels and paid more and their rooms were aweful compacted to mine:..

So thanks for a great vacation Eden Roc... See you next year

Natalie Cooley

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Medic1242

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sallsbuurry
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I walked into the room with my friend and thought we walked in a storage closet by mistake. There was a bed inside but that's about it. We were promised a couch but that old man lied and now they won't give me my $105 back and I didn't stay there the second night. It seems like they care more about renting bikes than they do customer service. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!! I recommend somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't pick this place.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Allie B
Quarryville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Ok, not only is their t.v listing on their website a lie. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO HBO ON THEIR TV. Now this didn't matter much since my boyfriend and I weren't there to just watch t.v but I just wanted to put that out there for people to know. The t.v. only has 21 channels,12 which are just news. I also seen about 3 ants on the bed in the same day.
The most upsetting thing to happen, especially since it was my very first vacation to ocean city, I had $105 stolen both from my purse and wallet. I went to the manager the next day about it and all she said was that nobody would touch my purse. Why I believe it was the house maid, was because the person counted out $40 from my wallet and put it back in, took $60 then $45 I set aside in my purse. If it was another customer from the motel, they would have either took my whole purse or grabbed my wallet and the $45 and ran. Also, before my boyfriend and I went down to the beach, pushed my purse between the night stand and the bed. The house keeper was even in our room when I went up from the pool side. The point is, DO NOT STAY HERE. the workers are VERY unprofessional. If you do stay, put anything important into your car before leaving your room and lock it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brandi R
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I was really sold on the $118 a night. I found *nothing* elsewhere for that price for the 3 nights in July that I needed. I had read reviews online and really was trying to see the positive. As a single mom with 2 kids, I really can't afford to pay $300 a night for a hotel on the boardwalk. Now I know why the price is so low.
Pro: The price and location
Con: everything else. I really would have been satisfied with a cheap, clean place to sleep. I knew it was not going to be anything fancy. I was prepared with my own bath towels, paper towels and Kleenex. Also I brought a sheet to lay on the floor because the floors are tile and sand does track in; I mean, this is the beach. I was not prepared for baby ants all over the place. That might not have been a problem if the bottom of the door (we were on the second floor) actually met the floor. You could see a good bit of daylight under it. There was so much hair on the floor that I made the kids (and myself) wear flip flops at all times in the room. The best part was flipping back the standard polyester bed cover and seeing that someone had used it to wipe off some body part that was bleeding. Now seriously. Housekeeping didn't see it? (oh- housekeeping- they tried to come in at 9:10 am our first morning there. Seriously?? We're on vacation, people!! Luckily I had the chain on the door.) And when was the last time it had been changed? Gross... I asked housekeeping to change it and she did. Her English was minimal and I asked her to spray for the ants and vacuum up the hair. Three times. Her answer to that was a small hand broom. Yeah. Guess what? That didn't take care of the ants. Or hair. The room had 2 portable lights. One had a broken lightbulb. the remote control, disgustingly dirty, didn't have a cover over the batteries and the batteries died the second day. The toilet seat was so cracked and chipped that I kept thinking there were bugs on it. The beds (2 doubles) were smushy and the springs cracked when you moved around. There is a mini fridge that worked fine. The teeny microwave took 15 minutes to heat up some macaroni and cheese from the night before that we put in the fridge. They do have an inground pool that is just fine.
We left a day early...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank justjen17236
Fairmont, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed at a few budget hotels in OC but this is the one for me and my family. Reservations are easy, its affordable and a great location. We've stayed Ocean Front, in the efficiencies that overlook the alley and in the hotel section many times.

It's not the ritz carlton but how often are you really in your room anyway?

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lindsey_n_Linda
lancaster
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Walked through the hallway and it smelled like vomit. We got our room and first thing we always do is check the beds for bugs. Pulled off the top blanket and saw ants crawling around the sheets. Went to front desk explained situation then was offered apartment, after already putting all of our stuff in it they came over to tell us we could not stay there the last night and would have to find another place. Then the owner proceeded to tell me that they checked our room and didn't find any ants, calling us liars. The owner couldn't have cared less whether we stayed or went. Next time I will remember to take pictures of what I find. Receptionist was very nice and was willing to make us happy but owner was rude and obviously didn't care about his customers. Got full refund and went elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank LancastermomOF2
Hagerstown, MD
Reviewed 21 June 2013

A friend shared this place with me a number of years ago, and have been returning every year since. My bestie and I stay here every year-this being our 4th. Easy reservations on the phone, and you have to mail your deposit-they won't take CC for the dep. You can pay the balance by card, but we always pay cash.
The older woman working at the desk is very nice and always sweet. Unfortunately, forgot to ask for the password for the free WiFi on checking in, and went over to ask some older man, who was VERY rude!! It was like I was bothering him, and he did NOT have anyone else in there, at the time. Oh well...
The location is fantastic-about a half block from the beach, and half a block to Phillip's Crab House, which is a personal favorite.
This year, you can tell they just painted the rooms and had brand new flat screen TV's. The place is always clean, but it is showing its age, as I believe the motel was built in the 1950's. There is a frig. and microwave in each room, and ceramic tile floors. I do know it's the beach, but it seemed like there was always sand on the floors.
There are few/no ammenities, other than the ones I mentioned, so I always take my own towels-theirs are tiny, take kleenex and paper towels, and a small rug for the bathroom as I hate standing on cold tile floors in the bathroom. Also take a wooden drying rack to hang out our swimsuits and beach towels.
For some reason, there was no phone in the room, hooked up-told the nice lady about it at check out today, and she was surprised and said it would be taken care of. Also, the bath did not drain at all, and every time we took a shower, there was several inches of water in the tub! Told her that, too.
Normally, the place is very quiet, but this time, the room above us sounded like people bowling or moving the furniture around, all night long!! I guess I should have walked over to the front desk to complain, but didn't know if they would have done anything, but the nice woman said they would have taken care of it, right away-lesson learned.
There is a nice, small pool there, and plenty of lounge chairs, too. I always fear they will sell the place and put up some super expensive highrise. You can't beat the price, or the location.

Room Tip: Pick one on the first floor, near the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends