“Cute little place!”
Review of Eden Roc Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Eden Roc Motel
Ranked #55 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This motel is adorable. It's not super high class, but who wants to go to Ocean City to spend the time in the hotel room? The room was clean aside from a little bit of sand you could feel under your feet (tile floors). What do you expect? There were only 2 outlets in the room aside from the one behind the bed, one in the bathroom and another by where you can hang your clothes. Bathroom was clean as well. The only real complaint I had was the tub was clogged. Every time one of us got a shower water would fill in the bottom of the tub, almost immediately. The pool was very clean and while not large, was absolutely great. The hotel is on 20th street, and if you don't get the Oceanside efficiency, all you have to do is walk up the alley. I took my 6 year old and she was a champ walking on the boardwalk to and from the hotel. Good location for somewhat close breakfast, and to shop. Also in walking distance of Philips and few of the golf courses. The others who were staying were very friendly, and the lady at the desk (I think her name is Jeannie judging from the other reviews) was so kind and wonderful! She did a great job of "selling" the hotel, explaining activities, especially for my daughter, and just very kind, upbeat, and personal. I promised her I would write her this review because they aren't really a "high tech" hotel. There were no coffee makers in the room but the office had a few microwaves, a coffee pot, TV, and snacks and popsicles. The overflow parking if you can't get a spot in the hotel is right behind the motel, so it's really no big deal. I would absolutely recommend this place and will be staying there again.

1  Thank mamadream1229

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I love it there. The staff is very friendly. Great prices and location. The rooms are nice. The outside and inside are very clean. The pool is well taken care of and the area is cleaned up everynight. Plenty of
restaurants in walking distance. Only a few feet from boardwalk and beach! The guests that stay at this place are friendly. I've met a lot of great people! It's a great place to stay!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Just returned from a very relaxing visit to ocean city. We stayed at Eden Roc efficiency on the board walk. The rooms were nice but the tub could have been a little cleaner. Overall, we love staying here. The office and room staff are so friendly and always asking if they can get you something. We go to O.C. Usually once a year and have tried other places but seem to always return to Eden Roc. Thank you staff for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Oceanfront efficiencies are worth the extra money to sit on the nice big front porch and watch the o...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We made last minute reservations and were pleasantly surprised by both the service and quality of the room.

Jeannie, the lady at the desk who also helped me on the phone, was very nice and accommodating.

I'll be back again

Room Tip: The small extra cost for a 2 bedroom is worth the extra space
Reviewed 16 August 2014

After reading some of the negative reviews, I had to write my own. My girls and I stayed here for two nights the first week of August. We had a fabulous time!! Their is nothing wrong with this hotel and although the rooms are very basic, they were very clean and comfortable. It might be an older hotel but the staff was very friendly and for the price you just simply can't beat it. This was the first time I had stayed here in over years but it certainly won't be the last. When on a budget, it's a good pick. The overflow parking was in the parking garage right next door which was very convenient. We arrived early and was able to go ahead and park which I haven't been able to do at other oc hotels. We had ocean views and the hotel was convenient to a lot of things. For those that say this hotel is "just okay", I would have to disagree. While it might not be a 5 star hotel, that's no problem because I wouldn't pay those prices for a place to just sleep anyway. Give this place a try because for the price you can't beat it.

2  Thank nhiwv
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

For the price it was okay. The beds sounded like they were going to fall apart, and when I called to make my reservation the lady I was speaking with was very rude, and I decided not to make a reservation. However, they were one of the last hotels within my price range on the beach. When I called the second time, the lady I spoke with was very polite and answered all of my questions.
Overall, the room was adequate but the staff could be a little friendlier.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stay at the Eden Roc Motel often and can't turn down the friendly staff, clean rooms and decent price. They treat us like family and have the nicest pool in OC. Will be back for Sunfest! Plenty of parking in the parking garage where vehicles are safe and an elevator to go to the floors.

• Stayed: August 2014