“Nice & Very Clean Hotel!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean 1 Hotel and Suites

Ocean 1 Hotel and Suites
Ranked #60 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice & Very Clean Hotel!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My best friend and I stayed in an oceanfront room, at The Ocean 1 Hotel this July, for 3 nights.. We enjoyed our room very much! The room was very clean and comfortable.. The location on the boardwalk was great! Within walking distance to so much! The parking lot really wasn't so bad, was just a short walk from the hotel.. About two blocks away!
The only two complaint I would have would be of the boardwalk noise, which I already assumed could be a problem at night! During the day it wasn't so bad, but at night it got extremely loud.. But after closing the sliding glass door and turning up the AC, thankfully the AC drowned out the noise.. I'm the type of person that loves to listen to the waves crashing from my balcony.. And I could barely hear them in the day and couldn't hear them at all at night.. And the 2nd would be the balconies are so not private! I knew this going in, but what I didn't know was that the people in the other room can see right into our room from their balcony! We had an oceanfront rm and wanted to enjoy it, not worry about what people can see in our room!
Decided to stay here this time to experience how staying on the boardwalk would be.. It was great having so much within a close distance.. But I prefer my stay to be a bit more quite and private! So with that said, staying that high up of the boardwalk and at this hotel is just not for me (because of the noise & balcony)!

Room Tip: If you prefer less noise.. Possibly an oceanview room maybe a bit quieter!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
generalmgr130, Front Office Manager at Ocean 1 Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 7 November 2014
We want to thank you for staying with us on your vacation and your kind comments. Happy to hear that your stay was pleasant. Looking forward to seeing you in 2015.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chambersburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very nice hotel. Nice location within walking to everything. Rooms clean, excellent customer service at the front desk with B.Slack? and our maid was fantastic in Room #408. We were given a business card and received a very nice freebie at Hoopers Crab House on our way out of town. Awesome Ocean City experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie C
Thank you for your stay with us and your kind comments. Our guests are very important to us and hope to see you next summer.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

If you are looking for a high-end hotel, look somewhere else. If you are looking for a place to sleep and shower then this is the place to be. The location is Prime Real Estate...right at the corner of 1st Street on the Boardwalk. Steps from the ocean and all the activity of the boardwalk and inlet area amusements.

My husband and I spent 4 days/3 nights at the Ocean1 Hotel this past weekend. When I booked the room last month, the girl on the phone was very polite, very friendly and amazingly upfront about EVERYTHING. I wanted an oceanfront room and the only room they had left was the smallest room in the hotel. She advised me straight off the bat that the room was TINY...just a Queen Bed and a TV. I told her no worries, it's just the two of us - as long as there is a bed, a bathroom and working a/c unit then it would be fine.

Parking is tight both at the hotel itself and in the over flow lot a block away. But this tends to be the issue with most hotels along the boardwalk. There are only about 5 parking spots plus 2 handicap spots right at the hotel. We were able to back into the garage at the office doors to unload our luggage when we checked in and then move our car to the over flow lot. We have a pick-up truck and when the over flow lot is full it's really tight to swing a truck into the parking spaces...but with a little patience you'll be fine.
The room was small - but again, I had been told this upfront and made the decision to accept the room for what it is. It was perfectly sufficient for our stay. Basic, non-modern necessities - a bed, an older tv and a small table (which was basically an extra end-table with chairs on either side) and a small refrigerator. The bedspread was your typical old motel bedspread, but the sheets were clean and the bed was relatively comfortable.
The bathroom was VERY CLEAN. Absolutely nothing fancy about the bathroom - but again it was CLEAN!!! If you are looking for marble countertops and a multi-jetted shower - this is not the place for you. If you want a CLEAN bathroom...go for it!!
My biggest issue with the hotel, and the one thing that may keep me from returning is the WIFI signal. It is non-existent in the room - worked great in the hallway outside of our room but as soon as you stepped into the room the signal vanished. I needed to check-in with work several times over the weekend and had to either sit in the hallway outside of our room (which made the other guests look at me funny) or take my laptop to the Dunkin Donuts several blocks away. I mentioned this issue the morning after our first night there to the front desk and was told the manager would have to contact the IT guy to see if it could be fixed. As of Sunday morning when we left there was still no signal to be found.

If you are noise sensitive, you may have a problem with the location of the hotel since the street performers work on the boardwalk until late in the night right at 1st street. Plus the general noise from the boardwalk can get loud until later in the evening. Also, whenever our neighbors either beside us, above us or below us opened or closed their balcony door you would hear the door bang against the wall

All in all, it was a great weekend - and the hotel is not as bad as some people are making it out to be. If you want a convenient location, clean room and beautiful view of the beach and the ocean at affordable rates then this hotel will fit the bill.

Room Tip: Room 301 is VERY small...basically only enough room to walk around the queen size bed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StaciKing921
Thank you for staying with us on your vacation. Would like to welcome you back in 2015, always look forward to seeing our repeat guests.
Berlin, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was a very nice place to stay. Staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean. The room had 2 double beds with plenty of room. The only thing I thought the room needed was a blow dryer and it didn't. The location of the hotel was a very great place. It was a great price for staying on the boardwalk. The staff there gave you direction of what was around you or ask if you were looking to do anything special that they could help you find. Over all our experience of staying at the hotel was great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank angela p
Thank you for choosing us for your vacation destination, and for your very kind comments. We would love to see you in 2015 it is always a pleasure to have our repeat guests.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

The room was supposed to have two queen beds in the room. When we got there and checked in we went up to the room and it had one double bed. The room was no larger than a closet. Two adults and two children could not fit in that room. Luckily we had two other rooms and had to split our kids with our other family members. Everything in the room was out of date and just crappy. The only positive thing is that it was ocean city. First and the only time that we will ever stay there.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dan D
We were sorry to hear that your vacation did not go as planned. We are never pleased to hear that our guests did not have a good stay. We would hope that you will give us another try next year our guests are important to us.

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This place was absolutely incredible for what we needed it to be. We wanted a cheap and clean place to stay on the boardwalk with a view of the ocean. Check, check, check, and check. If we only got our expectations, this would be an average review. There were bonuses along the way, though!

The hotel staff is as friendly as you'll meet anywhere. The general manager and front desk staff were always eager to chat when leaving and coming back in and were always interested in knowing what we had done that day. Also, for out-of-towners, their restaurant and bar suggestions were much appreciated. The cleaning staff was very accommodating and always very nice upon our many requests for towels.

This hotel was everything we needed it to be and more. I have absolutely no desire to stay anywhere else in OCMD when I return and will undoubtedly return to Ocean 1.

Room Tip: Side-view rooms have a very good view of the ocean. If you don't want to spring for an ocean-fro...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank 4P1G2H
Thank you so much for your nice comments and for staying with us. We would love to welcome you back next summer, it is always a pleasure to see our guests come back!
Westminster, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Let me start off by saying I paid $89 per night on April 25-26. The location is 1st street on the boardwalk. I ran in the OC race which ended at the inlet so the location of the hotel was ideal. They have off property parking about 1 1/2 blocks away right next door to the lazy lizard brew pub. The room is very basic. Sofa looks a bit warn and the shower didn't work great. 32 inch flat screen was nice and we had one queen bed. No complaints about the bed. Room, hall ways and the overall hotel was clean. The rooms don't have hair dryers, but I feel every hotel should have this. We called the front desk and they said they do have them at the front desk but guess what? they didn't have any or others already requested them. So no hair dryer for the weekend. My review summary is...for the rate of $89 per night I feel ok about my experience. But the avg nightly rate in mid June goes up to $220 per night. But this is expected for hotels is this area. Would I stay again? I'm not saying it's horrible, but I'm not saying it's great. Just average. For 2 nights at $89 maybe/probably not but I don't think I would stay for more than 2 nights.

Room Tip: Ocean front would be better. But the price may be too high for the room? Location is great.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank flyinburrito
Thank you for staying with us on your vacation and taking the time to write a review. We would hope that you would come and stay with us again in 2015!