“Cozy, Clean, Comfortable!”

Ranked #40 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Cozy, Clean, Comfortable!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The room was very clean, and comfortable. Staff was very helpful and fast at meeting any needs we had. This hotel has a GREAT location; hardly half a block from the beach! Very inexpensive for what you're getting! LOVE this hotel!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
York, PA
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Really enjoyed our stay at the Buckingham. Every time we stay, we notice new upgrades and improvements. This hotel now offers the best value in Ocean City, especially because it's so close to the beach/boardwalk and downtown. Friendly service, easy check-in, none of the hassle of staying in a high-rise. Our family won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for Senior Week and I couldn't have been happier. I'll break my review down to pros and cons just so it's a bit easier to read.

Pros:
Location -It's perfect, walk across the street and you're right on the boardwalk.

Price- I was a bit skeptical of how nice it would be because it was so cheap (I paid a little over $900+tax for the entire week) but I was pleasantly surprised.

Cleanliness/ friendliness - a housekeeper came everyday to clean and collect trash & the staff was very nice.

Noise level- even though I went for Senior Week I was still on vacation and wanted to relax sometimes, I loved that the hotel was very quiet and if guests did get too loud someone would come up to let them know to quiet down.

The shower- yes, you read that right, one of my pros is the shower. The shower head that they have is wonderful it's like a massage and it's just... perfect. Lol. Especially after a long day at the beach.

Cons:
Space- the hotel itself its pretty small compared to others in OC so obviously the rooms are going to be small, however while I consider it a "con" it wasn't much of a problem. It was kind of annoying to have to wait for someone to come up the stairs before you could go down due to lack of space but still not that huge of a deal.

Humidity problem- unfortunately when it rains the room starts to feel a little sticky and our air conditioner started leaking down
the wall.

No iron in the room, you have to go to the lobby and haul the ironing board and iron back up to your room.

All in all, I think the Buckingham is a great place to stay. The rooms are up to date and the beds are comfortable. Despite the minor annoyances, for the price you just can't beat it. Definitely money well spent and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We loved our vacation at the Buckingham in OC Maryland! The location was perfect--we were able to walk to the beach, boardwalk, and our favorite OC restaurants! We stayed in one of the efficiencies and it seemed like it was brand new. It had a full size frig, cooking area, and snack bar in the kitchen. There was also a comfortable area for watching TV and two separate bedrooms--one for us and one for the kids! I especially enjoyed grabbing my free cup of coffee in the lobby each morning and sitting out on a rocking chair on the front porch!!!! The kids loved the convenience of the vending machines and I was so happy to see that you even stocked one with toothbrushes and suntan lotion!!! How convenient! Can't wait to come back this summer!

Room Tip: Upstairs efficiency apartments were brand new and very comfortable! Perfect for a family vacation!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jo T
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My boyfriend and I went to OC for the day and last minute we decided we wanted to stay the night. We had made no reservations and it was the Dew Tour Weekend. This made it very hard to find a room. We went to about 8 hotels before we ran into Buckingham. To our relief they had a room available. The room was very updated, clean, and super cute! The bathroom was spotless with nice tile, not that nasty moldy stuff. The staff was super friendly and the place was not loud inside. I really enjoyed the fact that they rent rooms out to the 25+ crowd. We really enjoyed our stay and will be back in September! Next summer we will be looking into their apartments!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank mswiseman
Shawn O, Manager at Buckingham Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Ms. Wiseman

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review of our Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to your stay with us in September as well. The staff has printed copies of this review and posted it on the wall in the office in a few different spots.... it's really nice to read at least once a day. It really brings a smile every time!
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The staff at Buckingham Hotel are super friendly and accommodating. The hotel is just a block from the boardwalk and close to many great restaurants and a CVS. Parking was free. I really enjoyed my stay and will return.

Room Tip: I liked the inside rooms as one can walk out the front of hotel then cross the street and in a few s...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mudgy61
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 2 June 2013

gI really enjoyed the hotel, it was very affordable, the staff was nice,and professional, the rooms were very clean and smelled fresh. The bathroom was very nice, modern and updated and had plenty of towels and necessities.The parking was right outside of the hotel which made for a short walk to our room with no stairs to climb. This is a lovely little place to hang your hat for a family trip where you can have a simple and enjoyable stay with free coffee and rooms that offer microwaves and large refrigerators. Its just small enough to feel cozy and stress free and yet large enough to accommodate all of your needs.

Room Tip: Please be aware that if anyone in your party is under 25 yrs old, even if they are your children you...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family