Buckingham Hotel
US$131
ClarionHotels
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$76
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$148
US$145
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$65
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$120
ComfortInn
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$140
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$72
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$273
US$233
Hilton.com
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$122
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsfront porchfront deskparking lot is smallrooms are smallking roomoverflow lotstay there againthe air conditioninglocation was perfectboard walkboardwalkefficiency
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Buckingham hotel is the easy choice for any beach-freak looking for a spot in the sun during the day, and a nice boardwalk for a soiree. We all know that there are a lot of hotels, but if you stay anywhere else, you're not only wasting your money, but you are also wasting your time. These days where everything is- I'm quoting Miranda Lambert here- "Automatic", it's nice to sink your feet in the sand and feel the tide work wonders with you and your special friend. But what do you do when you need to transition from a relaxing day to a lively night? Wait, I'm not finished. What do you need to get a great night's sleep to prepare for the upcoming festivities of the morning- don't even get me started on those fantastic bicycles with the extra seat on the back. Must I continue? It's the Buckingham hotel.

I'll go ahead and tell you why I bleed red for the Buckingham hotel. It's not just the sea-foam blue reflecting that majestic Atlantic just one block away. It's not just the complimentary coffee and continental to get you going after getting the kids from the bed to the beach every morning. It's not just the incredible cleanliness and space made available. No. It is all because of Shawn. Sweet, sweet Shawn.

My special friend and I were at a nearby hotel I refuse to mention, and we decided to leave because a couple rascals were rowdy on our floor. It was 925 pm when we arrived, after making our way out of town, to test our luck at the Beacon of hope that is the Buckingham. Shawn put us up in their best room they had for a very low rate compared to where we were, and we fell in love with the quaint atmosphere and perfect location. (I skipped work the Monday after Independence Day weekend because I HAD to stay another night). Every time we walked in or out of the Buckingham hotel, Shawn was there, tending to our every need.

It looks like the back row is starting to get antsy, so I'll cut it off here. But you get the point- the location, architecture, amenities, and comfort are there. But most of all, there's Shawn. If you need a place to be, choose Buckingham, it was right for me!

Pritchard

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Barring some major catastrophe, such as my 401k disappearing or a random earthquake, the Buckingham Hotel will be my number 1 hotel destination for decades to come. Let me briefly fill you in on just a few of the outstanding qualities of this modern beach oasis:

Staff - Shawn the manager went out of his way to personally see to it that our stay was enjoyable. An example if you'll indulge me for a minute: last summer, we got home from a heavy night of beach exploration (my wife and I are really really into searching for lost treasures in the sand - metal detectors can find the coolest things!). After several hours of failed attempts at unearthing some hidden secrets of modern tourism, we decided to saturate our disappointment at a local watering hole called Macky's. 3 hours and $97 later, we wandered back to our 14th street safe-haven. Being in the inebriated state that I was, I happened to leave my room key at the bar - along with a few other things (if you know what I mean!). Side-note: there are only 2 or 3 pizza joints open at 4am, but I do believe that Pizza Mambo satisfied our grumbling and delivered a fresh pie to the Buckingham porch for $12 (I'm having trouble remembering the finite details). Nevertheless, there I am, keyless and missing one sandal on the porch at 4am. Who came to the rescue as we contemplated sleeping in the hallway? Shawn. The guy must've worked 60 hours in our 3 day span because I always saw him around. And he remembered our names - that was nice. Thanks for the assistance, friend.

Cleaning - now let me tell you, I'm no neat-freak (no offense), but I appreciate a good clean set of sheets. We got that and more at the Buckingham. Fresh towels, warmed and folded. Friendly cleaning professionals always smiling. Loved that.

Room size - As I read some of the other comments, I'm embarrassed for beach-goers everywhere. When we travel to Ocean City, it is to be outside and most importantly, on the beach! We knew we weren't booking a suite at Caesars! Who honestly comes to Ocean City to stay in their rooms? Not us, no we certainly do not! Either way, we love the intimate feel :)

I cant say enough good things about this place. The staff really sealed the deal for us. Either way, check it out for yourself next time - and don't forget your metal detectors!

~CW

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Camden W
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel is absolutely tremendous! I've been staying here for years and it never ceases to amaze me. The hotel was recently renovated and looks unbelievable. Not only does it look great but the staff will also make you feel at home. They are very helpful with making sure your accommodations are pristine, and they also know all of the great places in Ocean City to go to. If you are staying there and need anything or have any problems just ask for Peter or Shawn. They have been working there for years and are very helpful!

I highly recommend this hotel for any type of stay whether business or pleasure!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Set aside the parking trouble and thin walls, I recommend the hotel for services quality and cleanliness. We came later than the shift ended but the C Rep. Gloria stayed and patiently helped us find a decent room for a short stay with friendly and professional manner. The room service is nice, invisible, but her work tells the value of the hotel. Kudos for Gloria and staffs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here over the July 4th weekend. On the plus side, the hotel was clean and well-maintained, and the location was great- just a short one-block walk to the beach. The staff was helpful. For instance, we wanted to stay at the beach the day we checked out, and although we couldn't continue parking at the hotel, they advised us to look for free on-street parking. We did find such a space, which saved us a ton of money by avoiding one of Ocean City's pricey parking lots.

On the down side, our room was tiny, even for a beach hotel. For instance, it lacked a desk, chair, or even a closet. There was an arm attachment on the wall that might hold clothes hangars, but no hangars were provided, at least when we first got there. (They did provide some hangars the second day after I asked for some). All this made it difficult to hang up towels and bathing suits to dry, which I would think every beach hotel should provide some means for accomplishing.

As others have also noted, the hotel parking lot is tiny and cramped and doesn't inspire confidence that your car will escape being dinged, although we did always have a space for us even when we came back after being out in the evening.

But my biggest complaint was that the walls were so thin that I could hear people talking in the lobby all night long, which kept waking me up. I also heard people climbing stairs and talking outside out window, which faced out on the hotel veranda. Had I known in advance, this would have been a deal-killer for me. Unless you're a very heavy sleeper, I would look for another hotel room in Ocean City first.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family