“Great Place to Stay!”

Ranked #4 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Richmond, VA
“Great Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I'm giving it five stars, but keep in mind, it's a 4 star property. That said, this is a great place to stay in Ocean City. Nice location. (Though north of the boardwalk) Probably one of the nicest hotels there.

The room we had (and I think most are like this), consisted of a sitting room with sleeper sofa and table and tv, then you walked into a galley kitchen, across from the bathroom, followed by the bedroom with balcony overlooking the ocean. The kitchen was perfectly sized for a beach vacation. There was a door to the main bedroom that could be closed if you put the kids to bed on the sleeper sofa. Nice room overall.

We did find the shower a little annoying. You have to step into the high corner jetted tub to get in, so if you have any physical limitations, you might want to ask for a handicapped accessible unit. The other annoying thing was that the shower head was in the ceiling. It looked cool and rained down on you in a pleasant way, but the stream was so weak it made getting shampoo out of the long hair of some members in our party very difficult.

Parking was easy. They have a main lot and a satellite lot across the street.

We were there in April, so the outdoor pools were not open, but they looked fun! We could definitely picture how fun this place would be in the summer. The indoor pool was open and basic, but a decent size and enjoyable.

I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Ocean City.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We love staying at the Hilton in OC. The staff is truly exceptional. The suites are well put together - always clean and comfortable. It's a real plus having the bedrooms separated from the hallway by the living room and bathroom. It makes for very quiet bedrooms. The kitchen is well stocked with all that you need to cook in. We always have a great stay here!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Jersey Shore
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

First time to ocean city and we were just there for a night but wished it was longer! Arrival was great, parking right at or under hotel and it was free. Greater nicely by Vince as we walked up the stairs and checked in. Was given the options of floors which was a nice added touch and chose 12 (top floor). Very nice suite. My ONLY 2 small complaints are that the front family room are is a bit dark and stuffy as there is no natural light or window (there is a ceiling fan and lots of lights). Also, the paint on the base molding and doors could use a fresh coat. It was cold out so we did not use the pools or beach but they like looked great! Indoor pool, arcade, restaurant were all super! Great family hotel, comfortable and great service will bring up back!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank djlnj
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed at this Hilton for two nights over Spring Break and to be kind I will say that the staff was not the least bit ready for the season. The first morning we awoke and excitedly went down to the Starbucks for breakfast and coffee only to find that they had run out of breakfast foods. Not fun when you have two starving children in tow. One hour later after getting dressed and braving the cold and torrential rains to get doughnuts from Layton's (delicious btw), the kids swam happily in the very crowded pool. Several times between breakfast and 11:00, I tried to ring the bell to order something for the kids to eat from the poolside service. Other patrons sitting by the pool assured me they were open. Nobody came. Forty-five minutes later... Michele finally came to the window. My son ordered two kids pizzas. We waited for over an hour...no pizza. When she finally came back to the window, two other guests and I rushed to the window to order again. Michele said, "I am sorry we are very understaffed." We all placed orders and hoped for the best. Finally our orders came up all at once after someone found a manager to help. I was charged 9.00 each for two kids pizza meals. These were not meals. I had given up already and my kids were starving so I just paid the 18.00 with tip without complaint. That evening we went up to our rooms to discover that housekeeping had not come. We dealt with it and went to the grocery store for food. I was done. By the time we got back, I called the front desk manager C. Billotte and explained that because of the poor service and understaffing we would like to check out early. He was very accommodating and refunded the remaining days we did not stay. Again, not what we expected from a Hilton property and will stick with our favorite, The Princess Royale for our summer vacation in July.

6 Thank Tanyaand22014
Quakertown, PA
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Love this hotel and recommend it to everyone we know. It is especially nice in off season as it is very quiet in the area and you can really relax. We stay here at least twice a year. The staff is exceptionally nice and friendly and go out of there way to make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank diva516
Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here overnight for a day trip with one of my girlfriends decided to have some drinks at the bar ordered a few jäger bombs proceeded to drink my last jäger bomb and felt something weird in my mouth I hurried up and spit it out it was a fly in my drink! Looked down in my cup and there was two more fruit flys! So disgusting I felt sick all night afterwards I told the bartender and he said "you'll be okay you eat fruitflys all the time and just don't know it" pretty disgusted with how it was handled he offered mean other drink but I was not going to drink anything else from there! Hotel rooms were very nice but I wouldn't recommend drinking from the bar!

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank Slervin7
Crownsville, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Everything was excellent. The only exception would have been the weather but Hilton can't be held responsible for that. The suite is comfortable, clean and the view was great. We used the pool and it was very clean. We were the only ones there. The hot tub is outside and is "winterized" so that was a little disappointing.

3 Thank Vickie M