My wife and I decided to go on a spur of the moment romantic getaway to Ocean City. Since this was before Memorial Day (early May) there were very good hotel prices around. We decided to "splurge" and go for 3 days and 2 nights at the Hilton, which at $152/night very affordable for us.
The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. Free fruit at the check-in counter was a nice touch. The room was great for 2 people. You enter into a living room with a couch, chairs, and large wall mounted flat screen TV with an attached DVD player. Then into the kitchen, with an electric stove, microwave,refrigerator,coffee maker, dishwasher, and sink, and well stocked with plates, glasses, and silverware. Across from the kitchen is a large bathroom, with 2 sinks and a combination whirlpool bathtub/shower. Through the kitchen is the bedroom - No king beds were available so ours had 2 twin beds but both were large. Also in the bedroom: chair, another large wall mounted flat panel TV and attached DVD player. Off the bedroom is a balcony facing the ocean (all rooms in the hotel face the ocean) with a table and 4 chairs, where we ate breakfast each morning. The closet and bureau were large, and more than adequate for what we brought.
Staying in the room was very comfortable - plenty large enough for the two of us and it was nice to be able to spread out a bit. Having a kitchen was a big bonus, as I cooked breakfast for my wife each morning (hey, it *was* a romantic getaway <grin/leer>).
We didn't spent much time in other parts of the hotel. It is very close to the boardwalk (the hotel is at 32nd street and the boardwalk ends at 27th), and you get direct access to the beach from the hotel, so we would go for walks along the beach and walk to the boardwalk, and then stroll around the boardwalk - even though it was off season there were a lot of places open, which was great without the crowds.
The hotel has indoor and outdoor pools, while we saw the outdoor pool from our balcony (and one day was warm enough to where people were using it) we did not go to that area. We did not try to find the indoor pool. There is a fitness room but we got our workout walking around the beach, boardwalk, and the Coastal Highway. We did not go to the restaurant as it seemed pricey and there were plenty of other options around - again off season traffic is very light so driving is easy.
The only "drawbacks" (nothing that concerned us, just things we noticed, and may be temporary):
- Parking was a little challenge since there were repairs going on and some spaces were blocked. The hotel has a parking garage and street parking around it that filled up quickly. When we returned in the evening there only seemed to be 1 or 2 spots left. You get a parking permit but I'm not sure if that was being heavily enforced, as twice I noticed groups who parked and went directly to the beach with their beach items and didn't have permits visible. There is an overflow parking lot diagonally across the street from the hotel.
- Our room was never cleaned. but since it was clean upon arrival and we weren't tracking sand in, it didn't matter to us. There were plenty of towels so that wasn't an issue, and we just switched beds the 2nd night.
- There were no ice trays in the refrigerator, but we didn't need (the refrigerator was cold enough), and I'm sure we could have called housekeeping and gotten some if we wanted to.
Overall, we gave it an excellent rating and would definitely come back. In truth, during the peak summer season the price goes up to $500/night and I don't know if we would pay that much (though it compares favorably to most oceanfront rentals, if you want a flexible stay shorter than a week), but in the off season when the price drops it will definitely be a place we will want to stay at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront is an all suite oceanfront luxury hotel and beach family resort at 32nd Street in Ocean City Maryland. Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront is Ocean City's only establishment to win AAA's four diamond award. Each suite contains a separate living and bedroom, a private oceanfront balcony, two flat-screen televisions, a Jacuzzi tub, and a fully-equipped kitchen. The property has three swimming pools, two restaurants and one great view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront Hotel Ocean City
- Hilton Hotel Ocean City
- Ocean City Hilton