“We will come back!”

Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #8 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We came here for Memorial Day Weekend and this was our first visit to Ocean City so wasn't sure what to expect. The hotel is a good location as away from boardwalk and I probably wouldn't stay any further south than this. The rooms were clean, some things needed a little attention (i.e. kitchen cabinet doors unaligned, molding on the floor coming off on one side) but compared to other beach front resorts on the east coast, you come to expect something not 100%. Rooms were clean and great views! Loved the balcony! I thought the pools were fairly clean and the kids loved it. It is big enough to have fun but small enough so a parent doesn't have to worry as you can see the entire pool from almost every seat. Beach was great too. I wouldn't stay a week here but for a quick getaway where you don't have to bring anything but your suitcase, it fits the bill. It is a lively place with bands in the afternoon which we all liked as kids danced a bit and we had an adult beverage!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NJGabby

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at the Hilton in Ocean City Oceanfront on Baltimore Ave Memorial Day week. This particular hotel was great for the price, maybe the best I've ever stayed on East Coast Beachfronts. We lucked out and got one of the best rooms in the place, don't know how I did it. 32 Palms Restaurant bartenders and wait staff rocked. Hotel desk staff was superior. Concierge was superior and accommodating. Place was immaculate. The two very minor problems we had were quickly addressed. Beach was awesome, combed and clean. I'm talking absolutely no complaints. Can see why it had #1 ranking. Book it, seriously.

Room Tip: I'd love to tell you what room to ask for, but if I do that, you may take it away from me next t...
2  Thank Kenneth C
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Service - Check in moved quickly considering the mob of people checking in over Memorial Day weekend. We had no issues checking in aside from one rude customer that thought he could just walk in front of all the other HHonors members just because he was a HHonors member.. who isn't, buddy? The girl at the desk was fast, friendly, professional, and we were on our way to the elevator in about 30 seconds.

We slept in while we were there, so when we left for the day, I just made sure to call housekeeping and let them know that we were leaving. As with anywhere, they will bypass your room if you're still in it, so it makes sense to let them know you're leaving if you want to be 100% sure they clean your room. One call and it was taken care of.

The bar tender in the pool was on the ball and all cocktails were made properly. The bar tenders in the other outdoor bar by the pool were a little flaky. We didn't eat at the 32Palm due to poor experiences last time.

We asked for a late check out time and received it. No questions asked.

Value - This Hilton is a great value if you catch it before summer rate increases and after they open the outside pools. Late May is probably the best bang for your buck. However, there is no way that I would pay $400-$500/night to stay here.

Sleep Quality - For whatever reason, the bed did not seem very comfortable this time. This was the first time that I did not sleep very well on a Hilton bed. However, being off the boardwalk, it was nice to open the door and listen to the ocean waves and rain at night. Very soothing.

Cleanliness - The room was clean prior to arrival, and our housekeeper did a great job.

Location - This really is a perfect location. It is just off of the top end of the boardwalk, so there is a certain amount of privacy, but you aren't too far away from the BW. You can enjoy a less crowded beach during the day, peacefulness at night, and still jump on a trolley or walk down the BW from the top.

Rooms - The suites are nice. There is a bedroom, living room, and basically a full kitchen. The living room has a chair, pull out couch-bed, nice sized TV, and a table/chairs. The kitchen has everything you would need to cook meals.

Pools - The outside pool was pretty gross. The filters didn't seem to be working, so there was a layer of oily residue, TONS of dead bugs, and little white styrofoam balls everywhere, like someone popped a beanbag chair in the pool. The bathroom next to the outdoor pool was disgusting.The indoor pool was the opposite end of the spectrum. There was so much chlorine in it, it irritated my eyes just being in the pool room.

Overall it was a good stay. We will be back next year.

2  Thank Eric D
Reviewed 3 June 2014

If you want to listen to the ocean waves, seagulls, and playing children, then go to another hotel. Daily from 12-4pm there are terrible live bands "playing" on the pool deck, and ruining the experience of being at the beach. Forget about enjoying nature, and getting a quiet time for your kids' afternoon naps. Management was no help, and there was no warning on the website. I will be going to other hotels in the future because the live music ruined my vacation.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank KERbaltimore
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I really enjoyed coming here with my family! We had 4 adults and one little one and there was tons of space for all of us, the kitchen, the living room being separate from the bedroom was super helpful for those napping! We loved the pools and hot tubs! It was great to walk to eat lunch, dinner and play putt putt!

Room Tip: I loved staying on the ground floor with pool access!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lovetotravel2471983
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is on the expensive side for Ocean City, but is worth every dollar! My husband and I had our first one night getaway since having our baby 6 months ago. The hotel makes you feel like you are at a resort, not in ocean city (I only say this having been going to OC for many years and I have found that it's more of a rustic beach town. Not necessarily known for being fancy)
The pool is fabulous! Has a swim up bar, live music, separate pool for families (which is so nice when you are on vacation away from your own babies and don't want to hear kids screaming. ;) ). It also has a bar outside at the pool and the entire pool area looks right over the ocean. Just beautiful!
The rooms are VERY spacious and very clean. The beds are HEAVENLY!!! The towels are plush and decadent. All the rooms have balconies, which was so nice to have coffee on in the morning and cocktails at night. They are very private too.
We were debating on spending the extra money since we were also looking at Fager's Lighthouse BB, but are SO glad we splurged the extra $150 to stay at the Hilton. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars was customer service. No one was rude, but none of the staff members we interacted with smiled or engaged with a positive attitude. They almost came off as though they were tired and didn't want to put in an ounce of extra energy into their jobs. There was never a "thank you" or "enjoy your stay", a smile or anything. And the other reason I didn't give it 5 stars was when we were at the pool, there were 2 waitresses for the 3 hours we were out there and neither came to us. The pool wasn't busy as it was cool out the day we were there. My husband kept going up to the bar to get our drinks. We could never seem to find a waitress when we needed them and they also never came by. The towels at the pool need to be replaced- have definitely seen better days. Overall it was a GREAT stay, felt luxurious and we can't wait to go back again, but hopefully for 2 nights!!

Room Tip: *They only sold "2 night stays" up until a week out and then I was able to book one night...
2  Thank mjr06
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Very clean. Great service. Stayed here for a cheer competition for the weekend. Right on the beach. Pool has a bar. Will be back next year. Book early fills up quick in the summer. Price also goes up in the summer

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family