“College Graduation Family Trip”

Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“College Graduation Family Trip”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our youngest Daughter graduated from College & to celebrate we decided to visit Ocean City Md(our 1st time).Its about a 2 1/2 hr drive from our home in P.a. I will admit While I am a devoted Marriott Rewards member while searching the Internet for a Marriott this HILTON offered was a better deal .A Ocean view Suite with 2 queen beds ,full kitchen ,separate living room with a pull out couch ,large double sink bathroom with jacuzzi jet tub & balcony with table n 4 chairs all for $170.00 plus tax per night so I said why not & am glad I did! We checked in the day after Memorial Day & was greeted with warm welcoming smile at the front desk by Greg who was Excellent. I informed him that I am a proud member of trip advisor & he ask if this was our 1st trip to Hilton & I replied yes & to Oc Md. He gave us not only full details of the hotel but suggestive places to visit & said the concierge would be more than happy to provided additional information. The lobby is Hugh & very clean with a mini Starbucks right across from the front desk. Our valet assisted with unloading our luggage & took us up to our room on the 9th floor. The suite looked exactly as it did on the Internet & the view was perfect. My husband & our 2 daughters decided to take a tour of the hotel. There are 4 large elevators so we never had to wait & went to check out the fitness room. I admit it is a bit smaller than most but comfortable enough for 10 people . My only complaint was that there was No hand sanitizers ( that I saw) although plenty of towels, there should at least be 2 mounted on the walls . There are 3 Pools ,1 indoor for adults n kids ,1adult outdoor with a swim up bar & separate fenced in pool for kids! Since we r now done raising our girls it was nice to be able to lounge at a pool for hrs without little kids running around while enjoying various drinks n snacks.There also a very clean private beach . Try the grapefruit crush or orange crush as they were both good . The hotel has a couple of restaurants/bar along of course w/room service but we wanted to check out the local cuisine .Everything you need is in walking distance but since our room had a full kitchen with coffee maker, toaster, micro n stove ,we packed a cooler with breakfast items brought our own coffee &fruits / Snacks then stopped in Delaware & pick up our "Spirits". We went to Seacret( short drive) had
several drinks &dinnner ( would recommend) as it had outside n inside dining and u can even lounge on a floater in the water watch the boats. The boardwalk is not that far n plenty of shops. We were there 4 days & 1 day it rained so we drove for 30 mins to Tanger outlets . It was a great trip and I would highly recommend and I also joined Hilton Rewards!

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Ourtime30th

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was a beautiful hotel, the ocean front view was great! I enjoyed everything about the hotel form the cleanliness to the Psalms 32 restaurant. I didn't care too much for the Internet service which was inconsistent.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank stamicjon
NJ
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We came here for Memorial Day Weekend and this was our first visit to Ocean City so wasn't sure what to expect. The hotel is a good location as away from boardwalk and I probably wouldn't stay any further south than this. The rooms were clean, some things needed a little attention (i.e. kitchen cabinet doors unaligned, molding on the floor coming off on one side) but compared to other beach front resorts on the east coast, you come to expect something not 100%. Rooms were clean and great views! Loved the balcony! I thought the pools were fairly clean and the kids loved it. It is big enough to have fun but small enough so a parent doesn't have to worry as you can see the entire pool from almost every seat. Beach was great too. I wouldn't stay a week here but for a quick getaway where you don't have to bring anything but your suitcase, it fits the bill. It is a lively place with bands in the afternoon which we all liked as kids danced a bit and we had an adult beverage!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NJGabby
Shrub Oak, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at the Hilton in Ocean City Oceanfront on Baltimore Ave Memorial Day week. This particular hotel was great for the price, maybe the best I've ever stayed on East Coast Beachfronts. We lucked out and got one of the best rooms in the place, don't know how I did it. 32 Palms Restaurant bartenders and wait staff rocked. Hotel desk staff was superior. Concierge was superior and accommodating. Place was immaculate. The two very minor problems we had were quickly addressed. Beach was awesome, combed and clean. I'm talking absolutely no complaints. Can see why it had #1 ranking. Book it, seriously.

Room Tip: I'd love to tell you what room to ask for, but if I do that, you may take it away from me next t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kenneth C
Jackson, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Service - Check in moved quickly considering the mob of people checking in over Memorial Day weekend. We had no issues checking in aside from one rude customer that thought he could just walk in front of all the other HHonors members just because he was a HHonors member.. who isn't, buddy? The girl at the desk was fast, friendly, professional, and we were on our way to the elevator in about 30 seconds.

We slept in while we were there, so when we left for the day, I just made sure to call housekeeping and let them know that we were leaving. As with anywhere, they will bypass your room if you're still in it, so it makes sense to let them know you're leaving if you want to be 100% sure they clean your room. One call and it was taken care of.

The bar tender in the pool was on the ball and all cocktails were made properly. The bar tenders in the other outdoor bar by the pool were a little flaky. We didn't eat at the 32Palm due to poor experiences last time.

We asked for a late check out time and received it. No questions asked.

Value - This Hilton is a great value if you catch it before summer rate increases and after they open the outside pools. Late May is probably the best bang for your buck. However, there is no way that I would pay $400-$500/night to stay here.

Sleep Quality - For whatever reason, the bed did not seem very comfortable this time. This was the first time that I did not sleep very well on a Hilton bed. However, being off the boardwalk, it was nice to open the door and listen to the ocean waves and rain at night. Very soothing.

Cleanliness - The room was clean prior to arrival, and our housekeeper did a great job.

Location - This really is a perfect location. It is just off of the top end of the boardwalk, so there is a certain amount of privacy, but you aren't too far away from the BW. You can enjoy a less crowded beach during the day, peacefulness at night, and still jump on a trolley or walk down the BW from the top.

Rooms - The suites are nice. There is a bedroom, living room, and basically a full kitchen. The living room has a chair, pull out couch-bed, nice sized TV, and a table/chairs. The kitchen has everything you would need to cook meals.

Pools - The outside pool was pretty gross. The filters didn't seem to be working, so there was a layer of oily residue, TONS of dead bugs, and little white styrofoam balls everywhere, like someone popped a beanbag chair in the pool. The bathroom next to the outdoor pool was disgusting.The indoor pool was the opposite end of the spectrum. There was so much chlorine in it, it irritated my eyes just being in the pool room.

Overall it was a good stay. We will be back next year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eric D
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

If you want to listen to the ocean waves, seagulls, and playing children, then go to another hotel. Daily from 12-4pm there are terrible live bands "playing" on the pool deck, and ruining the experience of being at the beach. Forget about enjoying nature, and getting a quiet time for your kids' afternoon naps. Management was no help, and there was no warning on the website. I will be going to other hotels in the future because the live music ruined my vacation.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank KERbaltimore
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I really enjoyed coming here with my family! We had 4 adults and one little one and there was tons of space for all of us, the kitchen, the living room being separate from the bedroom was super helpful for those napping! We loved the pools and hot tubs! It was great to walk to eat lunch, dinner and play putt putt!

Room Tip: I loved staying on the ground floor with pool access!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family