“Decent Hotel in OC!”

Ranked #6 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Decent Hotel in OC!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Hilton Oceanfront is by far the best place in Ocean City, MD. I would not stay anywhere else, however we did have some issues. On two days they just did not clean our room, I never mind one day, however, two days it can be a problem. On another occasion they did not leave toilet paper. When I called the front desk about the toilet paper they seemed bothered by the fact and ask if I could come down to get it. I feel that if I am paying 500-600/night they should make sure you have toilet paper!!! While checking in I was told that my reservations was for only two nights!! After getting a manager's assistance they realized they spelled my name wrong even though they had my driver's license in their hand! Parking can be a bit of a challenge on the weekend and you might have to use the lot across the street.

On a positive note the hotel is situated very well for a family. The pool and beach are easy to go back and forth, which with kids of any age is nice. The indoor pool is fantastic with access to drinks and dining. The Exercise room while small, was well equipped and not very busy. Rooms are large with little kitchens and living areas. We only ate at the pool side restaurant and it was fine, especially since the food in all of Ocean City is generally not good. If we ever go to Ocean City again, I would stay there!!

1 Thank Karen G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
washington dc
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We visited this property many years ago and it stills impresses us with us the cleanliness and excellent location. This is the best hotel by far in Ocean city. We only stayed one night but it felt like a vacation with sandy beach, fantastic views, and big suites with queen beds and jacuzzi bath. The facilities is sparkling and you would not know it was steps to sands as someone was always sweeping for sand. The staff is great but Jacob at the front desk was exceptional. When I needed to find a special dinner place and concierge had stepped away, Jacob stepped in and found us a great spot and printed out the direction for us. We had a great stay and would not stay anywhere else in Ocean City. Also as a Hilton Hhonors Gold member, I have to say this is my favorite hilton property.

1 Thank taznwulf
New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We booked this hotel because we are a family of five with 3 older teenagers, and have done the fly to the Caribbean or to a cruise thing, and with the less money and less time and stress, feel our trip was worth it. Granted, other reviewers on this board point out minor problems, cold air in front room, warm in back, dated kitchen, etc... but overall it was a clean hotel, service staff at front desk was nothing short of great, and the beach is RIGHT THERE!
A small gripe was that the maid staff would not clean our room until later in the day, some times between 3:30-4:30, which almost always had a conflict with coming off the beach and getting ready to shower for dinner. We could tell that they made sure that the rooms of the people coming in that day were done first, as a matter of fact, our day of checkout, they knocked on out door at 10:30, hello, checkout is at 11:00 When the other days after our first it was late in the day like clock work.
If you plan it right, and bring enough food for say one meal a day, then you can go out to one of the many, many eateries in the area. If you bring nothing, like on a cruise, you will pay for everything. You'll have to do take out in the room, rent beach chairs, towels, and umbrellas, and lastly have to go down to the Starbucks and wait 20 minutes on line between 8:00-9:00 in the morning because it's staffed by a single server taking orders and a single server preparing the orders, working at a snails pace and socializing with each other while you wait, not cool....
The hotel is not new, it's not in the middle of Manhattan of Vegas, but it is a Hilton, and you are treated as such. I intend on going back down the road, because all things considered, it was a good stay!

1 Thank jerseywolf
Owings Mills, Maryland
Reviewed 11 August 2014

i felt the hotel was too pricey for their level of offering. we paid $599/night for 2 double room on first floor. the property needs its upgrade. the air-conditioning in the living room was freezing and the bedroom was too hot. The kiddie pool was washed out and needed upgrade. suggestion to put rubber vinyl flooring for toddler's and babies to not get hurt. hotel did not provide beach chair and umbrella :( they should!! our room service was not done till time for turn-down service, it was very inconvenient. The indoor pool is suppose to be heated, but the water was too cold to get in. overall i can find better service and experience at other properties in Ocean city. the only reason we had picked this was due to a toddler traveling with us and they had a good kids pool.

Room Tip: if travelling with kids choose the pool area room near the kids pool, this way you can relax on your...
4 Thank hill2381
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2014

You can gather from reviewing the more recent 1-2 star rated reviews that this hotel has taken a turn for the worse recently due to inadequate upkeep and faltering customer service.

Our family had been fairly loyal visitors, coming almost annually each summer for an extended stay, but now no more due to shoddy, unprofessional service from the hotel employees.

If anyone from Hilton management reads this, you need to do some major rebuilding of your human personnel.

Room Tip: Corner suites may get inconsistent WI-FI or even no WI-FI at all (except in the back room) so don...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
16 Thank Itsmeitsme222
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family and I stayed for 3 nights following a 4th of July in D.C. Loved it, but you get what you pay for and it is a bit expensive. As expensive as some far better west coast resorts! Gave 5X Hilton points!!! It was part of a 2 week vacation in several spots and the cost was secondary. Also g

Pros: Ocean view rooms are great! Nice balcony. Quiet, we never heard others around us. Hotel has great facilities, laundry on floor, fantastic indoor pool and arcade as well. Outdoor kids pool is for much younger kids, 3-7 lets say. I put it in pros but my 10 and 15 year old girls were way too old. Adult pool is great and food and beverages are easily ordered and delivered. Short walk to ocean! Short walk to the water, maybe 50 yards right out the back door. Way closer than most. Great parking situation, some covered. 4th of July weekend and it there were always a couple of spaces. Hotel was full yet the beach nor the interior of the hotel seemed "crowded". Plenty of open space. There is a "Starbucks" in the lobby!!!

Cons: It IS an awesome hotel, but not perfect. Rooms are like cruise ship rooms, long and thin making maneuvering around for 4 people pretty tight. Quite a ways away from the boardwalk and amusement park. That can be a pro and a con right? Not walking distance at all. Still just a bit expensive, but if you want the best in town I would still say this was probably it.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor, I think the view is better.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Randy E
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel and this town is all about nostalgia, Americana. Beautiful hotel that opens right on to the Atlantic Ocean. All the rooms face towards the beach. And all of them are suites. Our room is very spacious. Enough room for a toddler to run around and a nine year old to lounge around with his i-pad. The electronics are updated, there were two digital tvs in our suite. The washroom was also updated with a rain shower and a jacuzzi. My kids loved that as well. It's by the sea, so we were able to go to the beach in the morning and then go back to the hotel and lounge by the pool in the afternoon.

Our attendant, Todor, was great. We had asked him to clean our room before 2 everyday because we have a toddler who needs to take a nap and he did it everyday. And with all the sand that we dragged in from the beach, he did a superb job in cleaning it everyday. I can't really comment on the other kind of service because we didn't partake in it. There was no doorman and no full time concierge. Our porter was good, but not exceptional, and the front desk are full of college students, who were okay, but they lacked the usual care.

I think my family and I are being unfair in our criticism of this resort because we are comparing it with carribean beach resorts. I think that we have to compare it to other North American Beach resorts, but then again, you very rarely pay $580 US a night for Beach resorts in North America. First of all, it's a public beach and you are not allowed to take the towels from the pool or your room. So bring towels. Also, you would need some sort of mat, or chair because there are no cabanas. You can rent an umbrella and lounge chairs from a guy by the beach for $35. See, this is where we are comparing it to the carribean holiday, where you have cabanas, towels and a guy bringing you drinks in the beach.... there's none of that. But this is not the Carribean. There are 3 pools, we only went to the 2 outdoor pools and the children's pool needs updating. My toddler found it fun, but my 9 year old was bored with it.

Ocean City is not a sleepy beach town. It is bustling with a 6 lane road going across it. But, they do not have any taxis. So, you would have to take your car everywhere. It's usually fine, because parking is usually plentiful except for the boardwalk. The boardwalk was a 3 mile walk from the hilton and there's also a very slow trolley that will take you there. But, it is fun, full of things to see. The highlight of the boardwalk is the kite store, I have forgotten what it's called.

Anyway, I liked the hotel, but I am iffy whether it's worth the money. If you think about it, you're really just paying for the accomodations, there's nothing else that goes with it.

Room Tip: All rooms are very similar to each other.
7 Thank slaw2014