“Always Great!”

Ranked #6 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Potomac, Maryland
“Always Great!”
Reviewed 3 September 2014

We have been staying here since they opened which I believe a few weeks ago was our 35th time! Any time of the year we are welcomed by the staff who some we now consider friends! The only bad thing I have to say about the place is that the guy who guards the pool is a pain in the rear! Other than that it's the best place in OC. Also when our kids were younger they loved being able to run around, order a drink or food and the staff knew who they were! We have used all the kids activities, kid pool, restaurant etc. with no complaints. Kids are older now and take the bus around town, order room service and have a great time! Which in turn the adults have a great time! We walk to Buxys, Seacrets, Barn 34, OC Steamers, and the kids can walk down the block to Jolly Rogers. So convenient!

3 Thank kreiter06

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2014

I stayed here for Labor Day Weekend and have not one negative thing to say about this hotel. It's modern, rooms are very nice, spacious, clean and has a great view with balconies. It's a great place for couples, families and friends. The beach is a few feet away. I suggest you bring your own blanket, umbrellas and chairs. Otherwise, it will cost $10 for a day rental for the chair and I think another $10 for an umbrella. They have two separate outdoor pools. One of them is for the kids, which has cool slides (I made sure to get on a few times myself once less kids were around). Indoor pool is very nice and quiet as well. I had breakfast here every morning and the food was great. $18 for buffet or you can order from the menu. The staff is very friendly. There's lots of parking available. Great location. Amusement park, water park, miniature golfing are across the street. The 3 mile boardwalk is a few blocks away. Make sure you go to Seacrets. It was the best part of my trip and a nice way to spend the afternoon after I went jet skiing right across the street. Also, even if you arrive early or checkout at 11 a.m. you can still use the facilities and don't have to move your car for the rest of the day, which is great. My room was read a whole hour before I had to check in, but I was having too much fun at the beach so I didn't fully check in until the early evening. I'm anal about where I stay and I definitely will come back to Ocean City ONLY if I stay at the Hilton. It's definitely worth saving and spending the extra money.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stacy A
NYC
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Stayed here with points. The points are better used here then some of the other Hilton properties. If you wait till after Memorial Day or go before June - the points are half. The customer service desk is excellent and super helpful. The corner suites are very spacious and include a jacuzzi in the bedroom. It is located far enough from the boardwalk that the beach is not crowded - yet close enough that you can walk to the boardwalk. The balcony with the ocean view was great to watch the sunset and watching the last boarders. The best part is that there are so many options. You have three pools. There is an outdoor kids pool that is super noisy/crowded. There is an outdoor quiet/emptypool. An indoor pool - never used. We stayed under the umbrellas at the quiet pool with a great ocean view - would walk to the ocean for a dip - then shower - by the stairs at the bottom of the pool - return to lay under umbrella - repeat. Food and drinks are served at the quiet pool. The greatest part is they know that it is a beach resort so there were tons of extra towels in the bathroom. Also - there is free washing machines/dryers on each floor.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are larger and have a jacuzzi. Elevators are a little slow due to amount of use- so li...
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank HiltDiamSpgPlat
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Took a last minute vaca with our family - long drive, arrived at 3pm, room was not ready. Finally, our room was ready at 4:15. We sat around taking turns while the kids enjoyed the pool. Pool was lots of fun for all ages, and the hotel is right on the beach, so it was really nice. Service is not good at all, staff is unfriendly and although the property was beautiful, the service was just meh for a Hilton. After several calls, we couldn't even get help to ck out at the end of our stay. We carried all of our bags to the front...

By the way, we couldn't stay at the beach past 3/4pm - there is a biting fly infestation on the beach. I think its an OC Maryland issue, but fair warning - its bad and gross.

Room Tip: room facing adult pool is quiet - beautiful sunrise
3 Thank SimplyMaria
Beaver, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2014

The room I had was on the ocean side and not only did I have a great view, but the room was very clean. The service was excellent from the front desk to housekeeping. The concierge gave good advice on where to eat. We also had free parking on site. We had a little deck with nice patio furniture so we could eat outside and enjoy the beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Will be back soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bear, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel during the last week in August, 2014. Overall, it is a great experience. The hotel is pricey but well worth it. You don't have to plan any other activities if you are only staying a few days. All rooms are oceanfront. They have two pools over looking the ocean. One is a kids pool with a pirate ship slide and larger slide. The other is a regular pool with swim up bar. They have activities for kids, a magic show and movie nights. The food is excellent. I don't usually like to order room service because of the expense but, if you can, it is well worth it here. A few things that could have been improved: the kids pool deck had some peeling paint and faded and old looking equipment (umbrellas and towels). I attributed this to it being the end of the summer season. Overall, our experience was great!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Kimberly H
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights in July with my sister. I was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a corner suite. The suite was roomy, but the shower tiles needed to be repaired because the shower leaked all over the floor which was not great. Housekeeping is subpar. For the per night price, Hilton needs to hire more housekeepers. It is unreasonable to expect one person to clean all of the rooms on one side of the hotel. One day our room was not cleaned until after 4 pm. Forget asking for someone to bring extra towels - they will not arrive before you check out! The room was quiet and otherwise comfortable. As others have noted, there is no concierge, just a sign making you think he exists. The restaurant is beyond bad, the worst food ever, it was so salty it was inedible. Took me $60 to find out. Don't be suckered into eating there by the discount coupon. Beach access is good, there is a chair and umbrella rental stand right on the beach. Considering the other options in OC, the Hilton is nice, but for the price charged,maybe service should improve.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family