“BEST HOTEL IN OCEAN CITY”

Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
New Jersey
“BEST HOTEL IN OCEAN CITY”
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My husband, children and I just returned from our 3rd visit to the Hilton Suites in Ocean City, Md. We have yet to find a better place to stay. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. The kid's pool is awesome! It features a lazy river, whirlpool, slides and spray thing. It is fun for people of all ages! For a more romantic or "adult" swim, there is a "regular" pool. There is also an indoor pool. The hotel sits right on the beautiful beach, and beach towels are provided for free by the hotel. The 2 room suites are quite spacious and feature a nice size bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen with all necessary amenities. the gameroom is small and nothing to write home about, but they also offer changing rooms with showers for your departure date. The hotel is centrally located. Just a complete pleasure. It is expensive, but if you have a credit card with hilton points, you cannot go wrong!

1 Thank njpal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We just got back from this hotel where we stayed over July 4th weekend and we loved it. The staff was excellent from the front desk to the bartenders at the pool anything we needed was gotten. We are diamond hh members and our perks were given to us at check in and waiting in the room. They are on top of it here.

The rooms are beautiful, I won't repeat what others have writtem, but we were thrilled.

The pools were excellent, grap a chair in the pool area facing the ocean. With the server bringing you a drink, it is wonderful. Usually you have to go much farther away for this type of beach/pool experience. They gave you wristbands when checking in. there was a couple who tried to sit on the deck and they were asked what room they were in and the employee had a list to confirm they were not guests. They quietly left.

Overall pricey, but worth every cent to stay here.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank joan3boys
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 6 July 2009

This hotel is one of the best run hotels that I've ever stayed in. I'll try to keep this short and to the point. I've been traveling for 4 years for my company, in and out of hotels literally 300+ days a year and this hotel takes the cake for most accomodating, best managed hotel. We stayed there 7 days this June and everything about the trip was fabulous. These were the cleanest rooms that I've ever seen. Our kitchen floor was scrubbed everyday, dishwasher loaded and run for us, tub scrubbed and new sheets several times during the week. Ivette was our housekeeper and she was amazing. The kitchen in these units is a full size kitchen with a full size oven, fridge, microwave and dishwasher. We used this for breakfast and lunch everyday. I want to keept his short so I'll just say that I don't really have any complaints for this hotel. We are so smitten by this hotel that we signed up for the Hilton Credit Card to get Hilton Honors points faster so that we can return next year.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cawllins
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Just got back from a five day stay at the Hilton. Unfortunately, it turned out to be rainy the majority of the time we were there. Had we been anywhere else but the Hilton, the entire trip would have been miserable. Instead, we had a lovely time and the kids had a blast. Rain doesn't deter the kids from the water and they loved going to both pools (the adult pool also had live entertainment and a great swim up bar for the rest of us) and going to the beach. The hotel has arts & crafts activities and movies every day. A life-saver on rainy days. Our 8 yr. old went Clown School, decorated t-shirts, made frisbees, and watched a few movies. While the hotel is expensive, the fact that every room is a suite makes up for it. We had our privacy in our own room and the kids got to do their thing in the living room. Having the kitchenette was nice for breakfasts and lunches. We looked at less expensive options in Rehoboth and other locations, but this] ended up being the best deal.

2 Thank TravelJunkieFR
pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 June 2009

We just came home after a week at the Hilton. Fred the bellhop was very cordial and goofed around with my son while unloading our luggage. I was dissapointed to have to wait very long for a room when I thought we were guaranteed a 3pm checkout. It was worth the wait. Very nice and clean except our backs needed realignments after the beds. I'm so glad to be home on my mattress after their's. Great fruit in lobby every day. The best oranges, bananas, apples and even kiwi. The front desk addressed me by name every day. Big turnoff was kids craft activity. I saw a note at desk that said 2pm the kids can make pinwheels. My son really wanted to stay and make one so we changed our plans around that day to wait for 2pm. When we went down Joann who was working the desk in the craft room said it was booked. We never saw a signup sheet or a note on calender that said it was full. She told us we had to wait at least another half hour to come back and see if he can get it. Very UNaccomadating for a Hilton. She was very rude and uncaring and really should not be employed in doing crafts with children. Another parent told me a little girl was crying in the bathroom because she got turned away. Not very nice to upset the kids! I as well as other parents complained and Nicole did accomadate us and even noticed that the room could easily fit more children to take 15 minutes to make a pinwheel. We did not eat at the restaurant since we prefer the all u can eat buffet and crab legs at the Bonfire and the fabulous crab bisque at Captain's Gallery off of 50th street. The weather was not that nice but it didn't matter in this hotel. Heated outdoor pools and indoor pool that was open until midnight and big comfortable rooms with balconies to read a book on. Been to Ocean City Md for 20 years and this was by far the best hotel we stayed in, esp. if you have small children who would enjoy the pools and slides and whirlpools. Our last day we usually check out and head home but they have great changing rooms with showers and shampoo so we stayed on beach until after dinner and was able to shower and ride home fresh and clean. That gave us a whole extra day that we don't ever get at other hotels.
One thing to note was I thought I heard fire alarms in distance but didn't really know what it was. As we went down hall to go to town, I smelled smoke and looked out back window to see throngs of firetrucks and people in streets looking up at our building. Other people on our floor were panicked and could not get an elevator. I realized that our building was on fire. We ran down the steps to lobby thinking the alarms did not operate on our floor. The firemen told us the fire was on second floor and contained so they only evacuated first and third floors but this had us shaken up since we did not know this was the policy. I later could not find that listed on emergency information in room so good to know for future.
Overall very nice stay but pricey but seems that all the older places we stayed at are getting pricey too and the Hilton was very comfortable and nice to stay even in inclement weather.

1 Thank mangomolly
Springfield, MO
Reviewed 17 June 2009

We visited Ocean City MD for a day in between Washington DC and Greensboro, NC. I checked out some of the reviews to the other hotels in the area, but really wanted something that was quiet and really relaxing. I read the other reviews about this hotel and was immediately hooked. We were there on a Tuesday at the beginning of May, so obviously not the height of tourist season. This hotel is right on the beach and from the looks of it, all rooms have an oceanfront view. This place is spectacular. We had just stayed at the Willard Hotel in Washington DC, so our views were going to be skewed a bit after that "luxury" stay. We arrived and were greeted on the ground floor by a doorman who offered to grab our luggage for us. We used the elevator to the 2nd floor (the lobby) and there were about 3 people total checking in. The front desk staff was very nice and even offered laundry supplies as we were looking to start washing ASAP. The laundry facilities (on every floor!) are free. Two washers and two dryers. A nice folding table also, you really can't ask for more from a hotel while you're on a road trip. Our room was on the fourth floor, and was fantastic. You walk into the "living room" which is equipped with a couch with a queen hideaway bed, chair, table with four chairs, and flat screen tv. You then continue to walk towards the sliding glass door to the patio and walk through the galley kitchen area with the bathroom. The kitchen is fully equipped, even down to plates/cups/silverware. The refrigerator was clean, everything was clean. The bathroom was huge, dual sinks and a massive jacuzzi tub with a shower. Their toiletries are Evelyn and Crabtree brand, I'm hooked! You then walk into the master bedroom, which had a chaise lounger and flat screen tv. There was even a safe in the closet. The balcony had another table with four chairs for outside dining or relaxing. Both the bedroom and "living room" had doors, so that there could be privacy between the two rooms. The bed was fantastic, and the decor was simple and set the relaxing tone. We will definitely be back to this hotel!

There was an indoor pool as the outdoor pool wasn't open. There was an on-site restaurant, I wouldn't suggest it, as their menu was lacking. The room service menu had more on it than the restaurant. There was also a Starbucks on-site, that was a nice touch at the end of the day. There was limited parking underneath the building, I could see it being a very busy place. They even had a hose hooked up to the building where you come off the beach to the parking garage to clean off the sand from your feet. (The small things really matter!)

This place might hit a little harder on the budget, but we found it to be well worth it.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Busigrrl21
Stoughton, MA
Reviewed 17 June 2009

We just got back from wonderful family vacation and it was because of this hotel that we will have such a memorable experience! Our trip started off by arriving three hours earlier than planned and we called the hotel and they told us that early check-in would not be a problem. We had a room ready for us on arrival. Fred greeted us at the car and brought all the baggage to the room for us. What a pleasant man! I know it is his job, but he went above and beyond expectations. The suite was spacious and elegantly decorated. The hotel is situated off the boardwalk, but within walking distance. The Jolly Roger amusement park across the street was a huge disappointment. Three major rides were not working (flume log, ferris wheel and gravitron). Seems like they were all cable and mechanical issues. Not worth the money at 33rd street, but if you want to experience the amusements I would advise to go to the one located at the Pier. The hotel kiddie pool was AWESOME. The pics on here do not do it justice. Very warm and relaxing! Well supervised by lifeguards too. My kids (5 and 2) must have done the slides 70 times! I even did it a few times. Rooms were very quiet and did not hear neighbors in rooms next to us. The hotel was clean, beach was beautiful and stay was lovely. The beds were amazingly comfortable. We cooked in the kitchen for all meals which kept costs down. Also, i would highly recommend going to Fishtales for dinner. It is located at 21st street on the bay. Fun for all ages and the sunset was great to watch. THey have a pirate boat that the kids can play on and it kept my kids busy while we relaxed and enjoyed our meals and drinks. Have fun!

1 Thank clarkjj