“Best Place at Night - Downtown”

Purple Moose Saloon
Ranked #4 of 16 Nightlife in Ocean City
Sarasota, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Place at Night - Downtown”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife & I were on vacation a few weeks ago and stopped at the Purple Moose the first night there. There was a band named Whitehouse Effect playing and they were fantastic. We stopped by just about everyday or night thereafter and met practically all of the bartenders. We were impressed with their personalities and service, which made us keep wanting to come back. We met the Owner, Gary, who was also very interesting and had a good sense of humor. Even the security guys were very pleasant. The only thing that they are missing is a kitchen. A bar menu would be nice, especially when the weather is bad (as it rained every day we were in OC). We had a great time and look forward to coming back next year.

Visited October 2013

Catskill
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Rip off prices, obnoxious music”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

While in OC we stopped here in the late afternoon for a couple of beers. I had one and then had to get out of the place. They were charging $4.75 for domestic bottles. They were playing some god awful music that was loud I couldn't talk to my wife sitting next to me at the bar. The bar smelled of rancid beer and to top it off the bartender began soem kind of cleaning routine behind the bar with bleach that was burning our eyes. Don't waste you time or money in this place

1 Thank jcjohnny
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“jeff the jerk”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I read the reviews about Jeff The Jerk all I Can Say Is He's Either got some kind of issue with hair on each side of his neck or he better go to Vegas and get on the show Worlds Worst Tattoos!!!

Branchburg, New Jersey
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I just visited the Purple Moose to goto a AC/DC Cover band. I have come here for years, since the bar is right on the boardwalk and has good bands. The place just seems dirtier than usual and im sorry but $10 for two miller lights, are you kidding me! The place itself is amusing you feel like you are in an old strip joint turned bar, by the way the bars are set up and all the black lights. The stage for bands is small, but even though i paid an arm and aleg for crappy beer, high voltage was great!

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Might have been good not anymore”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Bartender name Jeff the jerk the bathrooms filthy no toilet paper /jeff the jerk doesn't care just give him your money for lousy service and mouthy comments offended regular customers who spen lots of cash they left & I won't return jeff the jerk won't care he thinks americans r diots 2 complain about filthy bathrooms!!!

1 Thank cluckquack