“"NEVER AGAIN ,TERRIBLE,N DISGUSTING"”
Review of The Islander Motel

The Islander Motel
Ranked #98 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Wrightsville, Pennsylvania
“"NEVER AGAIN ,TERRIBLE,N DISGUSTING"”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I Have never wrote a reveiw before until i stayed at yhis dump. Dirty ,stinky rooms ,fioors are filthy. Fleas in room ( maids let door open when they come in ) and it was not to clean because i told her too do something about the floor. Dont wanna give you washclothes maid said they didnt have any so she brings us 2 more bath towels too wash with my daughter said would u like us to cut them up so we could bath.went. booked room with booking .com .I think someone should look in to this hotel not sure how they are getting away with this but its gonna stop.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Kathy G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Elizabethtown Pa
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Was there on July 4th 2013 water dripping from ceiling in front of bed AC leaking water all over furniture.Could not close bathroom door all the way could not park near room was not able to sleep all night with people making noise.Room had smell to it so bad that when we got home we had to throw our pillows away.We paid for two night it was so bad we left the next morning and took a $215.00 lost.Don't waste your time or money on a dump like this its worth maybe $45 to $50 a night no $195.00 a night.We would never stay there again even if it was free it was bad . BILL M

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank wildbilljr110147

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Courtice
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Please, please do not stay at this motel. I can honestly say I have never seen worse customer service from anywhere or anyone ever! The rooms have mold and mildew everywhere and the beds have not been upgraded since the motel was new back in the 70's. This hotel is unsafe and unsanitary. Do not bring your family here and expose them to the green algae filled pool.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Kevin B
Orefield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Terrible room. ants in the room, bathroom door did not close, room smelled, air conditioner dripped into the room to make everything wet, no dressers to put your clothing in, and stove top was rusty and broken. We will never stay there again. the only think that was good was the location, we could walk to the beach and for resturants.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2013

He stay at the islanders 2 years ago and it
was nice. This year we had two rooms and when we got there they wouldn't let us check in til 3:00 and there were rooms that no one were using. when we did get into our rooms they smelled and there were ants all over the kitchen area in the one room and the second room had them on the dresser. The refrigator didn't work right and they told me that I would have to wait til the maintenance man could come look at it, mean while my food was starting to get warm they had no ice machine. The rooms were moldy and the bathroom sink didn't work right. They had all they rules that you couldn't bring a coffee pot or anything from your house for the kitchen. You had to use there kitchen pots and didn't have enough cup or plates or other stuff. The price is cheap but I wouldn't stay there again til they remodel the place. The pool was dirty inside. They lye about having things on the website. I would not Refer my friends to this place.

Room Tip: Not this one
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Iris B
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This was by far the WORST motel I have ever stayed in. I went down with some friends for this past memorial day weekend and our experience was horrendous. The price seemed adequate (not too cheap, but also not too expensive) and the website looked promising so I did not have any concerns. We arrived on Saturday and checked in to our disgusting room (unit #50) on the first floor. The front door did not shut or lock properly, the floor was cement tile, the room was damp and the sheets were moist from it. The bathroom looked like it fell out of a horror movie or a prison. Mold in every crevice, no towels, no fresh soap (one used bar), and the toilet did not flush. The decor hasn't been updated since the 70s but that was the least of our worries. No fitted sheets on the bed and the pool was completely empty except for some nasty green algae and brown water (it would have been too cold to swim, but this was absolutely unpresentable). It was to my utter shock and frustration that at the bottom of my receipt, there was a clause in bold caps stating "NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON AT ALL." I stormed into the office and threw my key down and demanded something be done. The woman gave me a key to another room and told me to inspect it and see if it was okay. I looked at the next room and found it to be SLIGHTLY better than the first. We had no choice but to stay there at that point but we were extrememly uncomfortable. The bathroom light did not turn on or stay on properly and there was only one mirror in the room - in the bathroom. I wanted to report this place to the health department because it was so moldy and gross. DO NOT STAY HERE! IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

Room Tip: Unit #50 is out of a horror movie. Avoid the entire motel but especially this room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jennifer A
Paradise, null, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This place is awful..I pulled up to check in and there was no one in the office, the pool was full of brown, disgusting water and there were people roaming the parking lot who seemed hungover and yelling profanity at each other..I checked the reviews on the website while waiting for somebody to show up so I could check in ( i realize now i should have read rhe reviews before booking the room) needless to say i was so disappointed at all of the reviews, by the looks of the outside of this place, so unkept I decided to ask for a refund and was given a very nasty attitude and told no refund..hotel policy!.I ended up just staying at another hotel there was no way after reading the reviews, seeing how disgusting and dirty the outside was and being disrespected by the staff that I was staying there!!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple