“Bad trip overall”

and 1 more site!
The Islander Motel
Ranked #97 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Room smelled like vomit from the previous people. Shower head leaked all over the bathroom. TV had basically no channels. Shined a blacklight on the bed to find disgusting hand prints among other things. Bad lighting. No microwave at all. When I got there, the lady said my card was declined when in fact it was working perfectly.

We were looking for a cheap place to stay for a nice trip to the beach with some friends. However, this was absolutely not the way to go. I'd rather shell out some extra money than ever stay here again.

PLUS, people were throwing up off the balcony onto the parking area in front of us. Management refused to do anything about it!

Room Tip: The cheap price does not compensate for the experience. You get what you pay for,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kyle B

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Room was overpriced. Musty and sweaty, and moister accumulated in every surface. Direct tv with ZERO movie channels, beds were sub par with thin matterasses. Stay away!!! Pool was moldy and not serviced! Stay away! I over paid for a sub par hotel !

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Jjakke
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Probably our worst hotel experience. My husband booked this on price without reading any reviews. The place was dirty and moldy. You have to buy a bag of ice. We only needed a place to stay for 10 hours, so I thought we would survive. A total of two small scratchy towels and the smallest junkiest bar of soap. The beds are lumpy and small (full size - I guess). No blanket, just the bed spread. The pillows are cheap. We slept in separate beds. At midnight the people above us came in from the clubs. Continued to party until 2 and then I thought they were moving furniture, but my husband said they were packing up. Didn't get much sleep. My husband just told me that I was too kind in this review. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sjkate
Reviewed 4 September 2013

wife and i went to islander stayed one night place dirty no ice machines bathroom dirty the grounds very dirty cigarette butts every were we could not sleep too scared of bugs and leaving our car in unlit parking lot

Room Tip: stay away from here
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tom h
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

For $140 a night you'd expect a decent hotel but this was not my experience. The room smells like wet rags, rugs are filthy, and the sheets on my bed were not changed from the previous guest (had stray hairs on pillows and a dead bug). I did my usual bed bug check but who knows.. the mattress was stained and had old Marriott box-springs. The air conditioner worked well after we figured out that "heat" really meant "cool". The bathrooms are kinda creepy and I was always on the lookout for a bug to crawl out of the ceiling. Towels were washed but were stained and felt rough. The pool was enjoyable at least. And I appreciated a working refrigerator. Oh and before you check out you have to take out your own garbage and used towels!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank foodie_cutie_P
Reviewed 2 September 2013

me and family went to Ocean Maryland 09/29/2013-09/31/2013 my sister book through Book.com she book the Islander Motel this motel was a mess the place hasn't been dusted in years, mildew smell , carpet dirty , sheets dirty, bed lining dirty piss spot in the bed blood spot in the bed, plastic cover sheets was torn towel so dirty black, around toilet dirty,bathroom floor dirty,shower curtains look like they scummed the floor with them, bath door crack no soap in the bathroom TV one channel,the chair you sit in out side of the motel was dirty, the Islander is a filthy motel I took pictures of this place unbelievable the Dept of Health needs to shut this place down this place stinks we paid 157.00 to stay in the hell hole we went and brought sheets and towels and sprays nothing help we just couldn't sleep in this nasty nasty dump we sleep in the car a wast of 157.00 what i took from this experience is motel and hotel that are booking people through these website needs to make sure this place have been inspected before they book people their we should get a full refund from book.com my sister try to call and cancel the motel the motel refused to let book.com cancel we saw why it is a shame when a hotel that nasty is still open its needs a upgrade ASAP the little time i spend in the motel i smell just like it all my things smell like that nasty place something has to be done to shut this place down i am going to go on every website and blast this Motel until something is done this place is TERRIBLE!!!!!!

Room Tip: when going on the internet be sure the company you book with check to see if the Motel have been ins...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank gladys G
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The carpets were pretty disgusting in our room. Stains all over the floor and it didn't feel soft like carpet. Beds were alright, and bathroom was clean. The towels felt as though they were falling apart from bleaching so many times. The kitchenette was a little dirty but most people clean the dishes and silverware before using them anyhow. They claim you can use their wifi, but I called for the password 3 times because it wouldn't connect and wasn't sure if it was a language barrier and that I misheard the lady over the phone. So not sure, but we just went without internet. The view out of our efficiency was gorgeous. I took panoramic photos of it because it was awesome to look out the window while eating at the little kitchen table. We were on the very end and had a view of the docks located directed behind the efficiency building. I even turned in the keys a few minutes past 11am and they did not overcharge me. Overall it was an ok place. People on here need to realize you get what you pay for and for me being a mother with one income, this place was ideal for us. Very quite and away from the busy roads too (at least the efficiency building was off the main road). Pool was clean and only 3-4ft deep so it was perfect for little kids who do not swim well.

Room Tip: Ask for the efficiency on the end (we were room 68 or 69 I think) they have the best view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family