“if you want mold filled lungs this is for you”
Review of The Islander Motel

The Islander Motel
Ranked #97 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“if you want mold filled lungs this is for you”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

noticed baseboard rotting away wit mold as soon as i opened door the mold n mildew in bathroom along with white farr growing like a cobweb on baseboard under bathroom sink mild in the tile grout it was just horrible something you see in rod zombie movies laft 40 mins after we got there and i have pictures

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank baltimoredude1974

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I wanted to stay here because it is only one block from Fishtails. The best kept secret in in Ocean City. Good food, friendly staff, great sunsets, and kid friendly. The room was very basic. Clean and a great deal on Groupon. My only complaint was the shower/bath. Water could not be shut off, constant running. When turned on for the shower both facets leaked and I couldn't turn on a full shower because water was still coming out of the facet. Other than that, like I said, "You get what you pay for".

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. It is quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas M

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I will say this as a small tibit as to the type of place this is - we found marijuana on the nightstand that had not been cleaned up from the guests before us! Our friend booked the reservation, which was our first mistake. We show up before the friend and are not allowed to check in. We even offered to put our credit card down instead, since our friend would not be in town until around midnight - still no. We finally get to our room, later that night, and the door is so flimsy that I, a 110 pound woman, could put my foot through it if I tried. Inside it smelled like mold and dust, the bathroom needs a good scrubbing, and the bedsheets are the lowest quality, thinnest you can find. We stick it out for the night. I wake up with an eye infection on the side that was on the pillow. The shower head falls off into the tub while our friend was showering and the shower then becomes a pressure washer, leaving bruises. Sleeping in your car would be better than this!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Emily F
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

As seasoned travelers we have been to 30 countries and 18 states. I have visited ocean city md twice a year for approx 40 years and I have never been speechless before when I walked into any of my accommodations. In a nut she'll very dirty. Appliances did not work. Ac was so loud could not sleep. Toilet ran all night everything dropped. Stains on towels. Coffee stains spilled in our drawers and not wiped out. We had to buy a bottle of cleaner and redo our room. There was a pot under our sink collecting dripping water. Bathroom had much mold as did areas in cabinets and under sink. THERE IS NO GUARANTEED PARKING I have never experienced this at any oc accommodations in the approx 80-100 times that I have stayed there. Tenants were throwing fits at the accommodations and the lack of parking. 2 nights I had to park a few blocks down street. Very dirty and out dated. The pool sprinkler did not work and was full of some sort of growth. The pics online are not necessarily a good representation of what is to be expected. They claim to be under new management as well in which I would think suggests improvements maybe? Paid a little under $700 for 3 nights. We expected d and out dated but did not expect to have to clean my own room. Oc is a gem of a city. Aces like this should be kept up with cleaning at the very least. It was a good location tho being right next to Phillips crab house. Love that restauraunt. All in all. Not worth the money

Stayed July 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

blood all over floor, ripped covers and sheets, dirty bathroom with hair in tub, rusted appliances covered in old food, wood panel walls, light fixtures falling from ceiling, no refund policy, terrible customer service, terrible place to stay, the cheapest of the cheap, perfect to do drugs id guess other than that STAY ELSE WHERE, SPEND EXTRA MONEY, DO NOT STAY HERE, CHEAPEST HOTEL IN OC BY FAR!! EWWWWW!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ocean city
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I'm not ever one to complain but I have NEVER stayed in a place so disgusting. we had no shower head, so literally the water just poured out, no hot water. no towels our bed was literally a cot mattress. ants everywhere. the air conditioner leaked all over the floor. the tv had two channels an the remote didn't even work. when I went and asked for my money back they said no refunds and i told her all my complaints and she acted like it was no big deal. they moved us to another room which was worse!!! NEVER EVER AGAIN. oh and I was only there for maybe fifteen minutes before we decided to stay somewhere else.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank jennndennis
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Islander Motel in OC, Md is worse than a DUMP!!! Reserved 3 nights and couldn't even stomach staying there. Tried to get some of my money back and mgmt gave me a copy of my contract and they highlighted in front of me "...NO REFUNDS...". Rooms smelled of chemicals (possibly pesticides). No shower heads, stove didn't work and was rusted, broken beer bottles in parking lot, etc. Not associated with OC, Md Commerce, so they couldn't do anything. WORSE MOTEL EVER!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014