Do not stay at this hotel if you can get a room anywhere else. This is possibly the worst beach hotel I’ve ever stayed at on the East Coast. The hotel I usually stay at in Ocean City was full, as were some other options, but this place had vacancies. Now I know why. The first issue with the hotel was the price. Had the other hotel I wanted to stay at not been fully booked, I could have stayed there for $120-160 a night. Instead I paid $210 for one night, at this [--] hotel that was farther from the beach (about 4-5 blocks from the boardwalk), farther from the attractions on the boardwalk, with a smaller room, smaller beds, and trashier guests.
The beds were double beds, not queen sized, there was no hot water, and the owner harassed us for hours the night we stayed, trying to kick out our friends that were hanging out at the hotel and coming by the room numerous times to make sure we didn’t have extra guests. We didn’t know who he was and thought he was some drunk/crazy Russian guy before figuring out he owned or worked at the hotel. When we complained in the morning about the lack of hot water, the owner said, “You should have told me earlier” and did not agree to our request for a partial refund. This place might have been acceptable if it was $70 a night, but not having hot water is unacceptable. This is American, not some third world [--].
Stay anywhere else other than The Islander! As I said, it may be the worst beach hotel on the East Coast. The only reason we sucked it up and rented a room was because we arrived late at the beach after hours of traffic and wanted to get into the water before sunset, and we didn't have time to check prices at every hotel. I KNOW we could have found a better hotel for a lower price (with hot water to boot).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a family owned and operated business, we understand how important it is to keep our customers completely satisfied. From our flexibledaily, weekly and monthly rates to our spacious, quiet lodgings, we are the perfect location for a great vacation! UNDER New Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Islander Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Islander Hotel Ocean City
- Islander Motel Ocean City
- Islander Hotel Ocean City