I read online that this place was a dump....though my Husband insisted we stay there...because it was only $99 a night...Well you get what you pay for...
So upon arrival we got two keys...one of which broke the first time we used it!
The fridge and TV weren't plugged in, so we put our box Capri Sun into a warm fridge for starters...the floor felt damp and the room stunk of wet, old wood paneling. Gross....the mattresses were jail cell thin, though pretty comfy after a long day walking. Although I felt like I needed a haz-mat suit to crawl into.
Now the nastiest part-the bathroom....OMG!
The sink was falling off the wall, there were grout issues, cracks in the walls, water damage on the ceiling, rust stains...I mean come on?....This was worse than my college apartment! I went swimming in the evening and there was hair and leaves and bugs in the pool...Nasty....the kicker was after I got done swimming I went to our room to take a shower, only to find that the water was FREEZING....not once but twice we had to tell them about the COLD water. They called for a plumber to fix the issue, though it totally interrupted that evening as far as getting ready goes. BTW, they did give us a second key saying "try not to break this one, I know it wasn't your fault, it's the only other one we have."
For the safety and well-being of you and your family Do Not....stay at this dump....listen to the other reviews and save yourselves a weekend of Hell...My suggestion if you do find the "charm" of a "beach motel" bring air fresheners, Lysol, your own TP, your own pillows and don't forget to ask them for the remote!...we found out at the END of our stay that we have to ASK for the remote...really?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a family owned and operated business, we understand how important it is to keep our customers completely satisfied. From our flexibledaily, weekly and monthly rates to our spacious, quiet lodgings, we are the perfect location for a great vacation! UNDER New Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Islander Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Islander Hotel Ocean City
- Islander Motel Ocean City
- Islander Hotel Ocean City