“highly not recommended”

Ranked #96 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Elverson, Pa.
“highly not recommended”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2007

We have been using this place for many years. Never again. Last year we went down over Labor Day to no electric. They charged us the full amount for the night and we had to go out and buy candles for light. We got out of two of the three nights we had booked. They never offered us any kind of apology or money back for the rotten stay. New owners have this for the past couple of years and maybe in their previous country these accomodations would be considered satisfactory but not here. We are done with them. We are hoping they lose their shirts.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank picputt

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Halifax PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2006

Owners were very gracious and concerned about our being happy with our accomodations. Motel is at a great locatiion to everything by walking or bus. Pool is beautiful and clean. Rooms are nice for the price. This is not the Hilton, don't expect it. We don't spend a lot of time in the room. Rooms were a 9 for cleanliness, always room for improvement wherever you stay and I've stayed at some really bad places. There was a mildew smell in our room which mellowed with the AC on and we didn't know the code on our confirmation for a King size bed and so we had two double beds both, neither a major issue for us and didn't have any effect on our stay. I check shower curtains and tub enclosure's for being clean first thing, curtain had no mildew and enclosure didn't have scum. Get your tv remote at check in and hang your service tag on your door if you want towels. We plan on going back again next year and we will have our King size bed. I can't say enough about how nice the owners were to us.

• Liked — Location, price and the ability to enjoy adult beverages and activities without driving anywhere.
  • Disliked — Room smell is the first thing that bothers me even in hight priced hotels.
  • Tips/Secrets — Enjoy what the area has to offer safely and conveniently at your access.
  • Stayed September 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank G8tor
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2006

All I can say is that I did not enjoy my stay at The Islander in Ocean City, MD. The customer service is TERRIBLE. I left a bag in the room I was staying in and called the following day to inquire if it had been found. After telling me that there was no bag found in the room, the lady was not very nice and she said she'd check with the lady who cleaned the room and asked me to call the next day. When I called the next day she told me that still nothing was found. When I politely expressed my dissatisfaction she HANG UP ON ME!!!! And then when I called back she claimed that I hang up on her. She was not very nice and I would not recommend anyone staying there or dealing with these people.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2006

As parents of students who booked a room there for Senior Week, we were outraged that the owners were going to charge them $250.00 per room for having their next door neighbors(all registered quests at the hotel) in their room after 10:00pm. The students had the door ajar, no drinking, nothing illegal or loud ness was going on--they were strickly talking and getting to know each other. A man knocks on the door at 10:30 pm and tells the boys to leave, which they did. The next morning both rooms were told that they had to pay $250.00 each or be evicted or they were going to call the police for breaking their rule of "no quests after 10:00 pm in the rooms." They make the students sign a contract when they show up for the week with no prior knowledge to the parents or students of their rule. Our girls did not think they were doing anything wrong since the other kids were registered guests. Our outrage comes from the fact that the owners are trying to scarethese students into paying them $250.00 per room or fear being evicted. The owners are keeping the money.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member