“Horrible place!”

and 1 more site!
Crystal Sands Motel
Ranked #55 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Went down around senior week and I'm 21 years old and in the military and was told no alcohol in the room and was treated like an 18 year old In high school. Tried coming back to the room after 9 and was interrogated by the "security" gut and he had to check my I'd. I was also told my guest couldn't come back in my room because there are no guests after 930. Ive never been so disrespected and treated like a kid. I would never suggest or stay near this place. It is sketchy and unprofessional.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Jacole829

Reviewed 19 May 2011

Pros:
Great location, affordable, Very nice staff, spacious room

Cons:
small parking lot
odor in room
Dirty towels& sheets
Rust inside fridge
Dated decor
No pool

Thought this would be a nice place to enjoy a birthday weekend however we were greeted by a disgusting odor in the room. We went to walmart to buy some fresheners which helped a little. When we returned we decided to bathe before bed, the bathroom was clean however the towels were dingy.So we tried to ignore that and get some rest. I pulled back blanket to find dirty sheets underneath. I guess that was the last straw so we slept on top of the blanket and checked out the first thing in the morning. Due to the no refund policies we ended up losing the money for that & paying for two nights at another hotel.

This is a decent place to stay if you aren't planning on being inside the room Much. However, I wouldn't suggest this place to clean-freaks like myself or families with children.

WARNING: bring your own towels and sheets just in case

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sp_trips
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Stayed at the Crystal Sands and really enjoyed it. The rooms were clean and well kept. The staff was super nice and helped me in ideas of what to do and where to eat. I love the location and walking distance to the beach. Parked the car and did not return until it was time to leave my trip. I would stay there again~

Room Tip: Great place for a couples or a family.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cprohias
Reviewed 25 August 2010

GOOD
Cheap
Location
Clean
BAD
Tiny out dated room
Limited amenities
(No shampoo, hair dryer, tissues)
Attitude of some desk personnel
1/2 parking 2 blocks away
No pool

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank sabababba
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Checked in and took kids to put them to sleep. Pulled out couch bed to find human urine all over sheets and mattress. Owner wouldn't even get out of his chair to come look at it. Sent a parking lot security employee to put a thin mattress cover on it. Disgusting, like I'm gonna let my two and three year old children sleep in somebody's urine. I was responded to in a rude and completely unprofessional manner. Do not stay here it is a dirty motel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank universityhair
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I was really pleased with the Motel, a great find! The location is perfect, very close to the beach for an affordable price. Room was bright and clean. The staff are lovely, the girl at the desk was very friendly and helpful. I will definitely be staying here again

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank lulu60795
Reviewed 6 July 2010

This is one of the cheapest motels/hotels in Ocean City and I regret not paying a few extra bucks for a better one. This motel is right behind a night club parking lot. Someone urinated by our window and the air conditioning blew it into our first floor room. We had 5 people in a room and it was really really small. Flies and mosquitoes were flying around our room the whole time. The parking lot is in front and very tight. The young girl I spoke to on the phone was polite and I asked her if there was a sofa bed in the room she said yes and called me back later to tell me there isn't one. She also told us when we got there that there was additional parking in the back and we got yelled at because it is only parking for the club.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family