“Good except one thing...”

and 1 more site!
Crystal Sands Motel
Ranked #56 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 29 July 2013

For a young couple that needs a cheap place to stay, this was perfect. It was very clean; the maids did an excellent job. The only thing we did not like was when we asked for a box of tissues, the owner of the motel said "Nahhhhhhhh." So bring your own tissues...haha. However we really enjoyed our stay, the location is excellent (half a block from the boardwalk and beach). We would stay here again in the future, just have to bring our own tissues!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank beachgoers1232013

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Don't believe what you read this hotel was a good hotel it clean and the staff was friendly and the house keeping staff were friendly. It is a nice little quite hotel. it was great location to the beach and boardwalk. there were no security guard there when we were there so don't know anything about that. The parking was a little tight in the front parking I don't know about the other lot since we didn't park there and there was no pool that's the only bad thing. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: any rooms are good!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank misscaryn22
Reviewed 21 June 2013

If you're looking to have a vacation with some privacy I wouldn't go here. We caught the security guard peeking through our windows and going in our rooms. You are being watched 24/7 and cannot go anywhere without being questioned. If you take a bag out of the room the security guard will check your bag. If you are under 25 you will not get a blanket on the bed. Parking was 3 blocks away. Overall the room was a decent size and clean. There were also a few maintenance problems with our room.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Boog101
Reviewed 21 June 2013

The security ruined the stay because they were constantly checking in the windows and knocking on the door. They gave you absolutely no privacy. Tv didn't work maids didn't do a good job overall terrible stay would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Trojans23
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stayed here for car show week last October because the place we usually stayed was full. The location was really good and it was a good price. The room was clean, bright, and a good size. The security guy was really helpful when my friend got locked out of the room (whoops). Really the only bad thing about it was the parking. The second parking lot was across the highway, which isn't too bad, but everyone had a separate truck and it was an inconvenient to have to walk to where we parked them every time we wanted to go somewhere. I wanted to stay here for my oc trip this past week but they didn't have a returning customer discount and the summer rates are a little out of my price range.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rhianna008
Reviewed 18 September 2012

spend another bike week staying at the Crystal Sands. Chris is a pleasure to deal with. I've been staying there for the past 7 or 8 yrs for bike week. Chris takes care of us from the time we check in until we leave. the lady who straightened the room greeted me with a hello, how are you doing everyday and asked me if there was anything I needed. the gentleman who did security was also very pleasant ( especially for someone who has to stay up all night) to us and I never worried about anyone bothering my cycle. Chris goes above and beyond to make sure our stay is perfect, he even asks about my family who hasn't been down the bike week for a few years. I always know where I'm staying when I go to OC, the Crystal Sands. Every year I see the same group of people staying because of the treatment we are given.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jason S
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My husband and I were looking for a less expensive hotel in OC for a weekend, which is sadly very hard to find. The Crystal Sands was a *little* more than we wanted to pay, but the location was so good, we couldn't pass it up. We were pleasantly surprised by the property - the room is a great size, lots of channels on the TV which we discovered as we were leaving thanks to the channel listing, very clean, chairs to sit on outside of your room. The cons are the off-site parking, but it's not a HUGE deal considering you should have some expectation of walking in OC; and the water pressure was non-existent. It was like a gentle rain. Which is nice, except you've just gotten out of the Atlantic Ocean and maybe want a power wash.

However, those are mainly trifles, but they are worth mentioning. We were really grateful to check into our room early as well. Would definitely stay again. It's a fantastic location.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the third floor, overlooking Philadelphia Avenue. It's NOT loud though!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple