“STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP!!!!!!”
Review of Rideau Motor Inn

Rideau Motor Inn
Ranked #89 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 28 July 2014

When we got there, was told our reservation was the week before...shocked!!! I called and changed it to a later week and the person who took the reservation never changed it!!! We had to take whatever we could get for their mistake!!! VERY rude staff ( not housekeeping...they actually felt sorry for us!) An office person named Ricky (female) was very rude and very nasty to my daughter who tried to tell her how disgusting the tiny room was!!! The first room the t.v. never worked and there was exposed wiring in the room. Floors filthy and beds were like sleeping om direct springs!!! SO outdated and nasty!! The second room we were moved to was worse and smelled like urine and stale food!!! A/C not cooling, beds were small and only 2full sized beds for 5 large people!!! We had reserved a large oceanfront and got dumpy, smelly, dirty, closet sized rooms. No apology just wanted the money. Could care less about the guests!! Have stayed several times in the past BUT WILL NEVER stay there again!!!! Some staff (not mentioning who they are so they do not lose their job) were as disgusted as we were and suggested talking to the owner, Ms, Burch....WHAT A JOKE!!!! Was told she said "take it or leave it (the room)", show how much she cares!!!! DON"T GO THERE!!! Am going to let the better business bureau know about them also!!!!!!! Also they ADVERTISED WIFI AND THERE WAS NONE, ICE MAKER WAS BROKEN SO HAD TO BUY ICE TO KEEP OUR FOOD COLD!!! Son had to pay $30.00 to get his computer working for his job!!!

Room Tip: don't go here!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank pam018
Brandon T, Public Relations Manager at Rideau Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

pam018,

You can see a comprehensive list of our available amenities on our website.

Unfortunately, this is our busiest time of the year and as such, ensuring that every single one of our guests is completely happy 100% of the time is an impossibility. With that in mind, please remember that we were filled to capacity during your stay and couldn't have moved you to another room even if we wanted to. We always put our guests first, and as a loyal, repeat customer, you represent the very backbone of our business. If you would like, please feel free to email me at rideau@delaware.management and we can discuss these issues further.

Thanks for your patronage,

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

For the price the room is decent size, two old beds, dated room. Telephone doesn't work even to call office. We stayed with our whole family, I went to the office to request a crib. The woman took a very nasty tone with me so I'm not sure why people claim to get good service here. Lots of stairs, small tv's. Better for single people not families. Will choose somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Brooke C
Brandon T, Public Relations Manager at Rideau Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Brooke,

We're glad that you briefly touched on the value that we offer. The Rideau has some of the lowest rates of any beachfront property in all of Ocean City and we're located right on the boardwalk! Next time, please let us know as soon as possible if anything in your room isn't working. I'm having one of our maintenance staff fix the phone in your room today. As for your interaction with someone in the office, i can only apologize on behalf of our staff. Trust me, this experience was not representative of the hospitality and helpfulness that we always try and exhibit at The Rideau. We certainly hope that you'll reconsider your decision to stay somewhere else in the future and invite you to try us out again any time.

Thank you!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel was reopened in1972 and I would say they haven't did anything to it since. So dated,beds uncomfortable,no internet,had to pay for ice,no outlets.Hallways smell like urine.Not staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tammy S
Brandon T, Public Relations Manager at Rideau Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Tammy,

We can assure you we've done a whole lot since 1972! For example, we installed a sparkling swimming pool guests just love to rave about. I'm sorry you were disappointed by your stay. You can find a full list of the amenities we do offer here: http://ocrideau.com/ocean-city-md-hotel-rooms-amenities/ Your comments regarding additional amenities will be considered going forward. As for the smell in the hallways, next time please notify the front desk ASAP. That is completely unacceptable and something we will be looking into immediately. Thanks for choosing the Rideau and should you visit OCMD again, we hope that you would reconsider our accommodations.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I travel often with my work so when it comes to hotels/motels I would say I have some experience with how they compare. This being said... Online the photos look great! When I arrived the room was dated; the mattresses were terrible -all I could feel were the springs; the phone did not work - even to call the front desk; the shower had terrible pressure and you could hear everything being said in the room next to us. There are 3 floors - 6 flights of stairs - no elevator, which is fine if you are solo with 1 piece of luggage but not for families or people with disabilities. Place needs some $$ for upgrades and it could be awesome! On a lighter note, the staff was wonderful.
My opinion... If you're looking for 'convenience' without all of the amenities it's ok for the cost. But for $200/night I will walk an extra block and stay at a chain hotel - with the layout of this motel you're walking a block to the beach anyway. * The one woman at the front desk was made aware of the room issues prior to my review and said she was aware but it was 'out of her control' to fix repairable issues.

Stayed: July 2014
Brandon T, Public Relations Manager at Rideau Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Jax17851,

I want to personally thank you for staying at the Rideau and also let you know that we do appreciate your comment about our staff being "wonderful." It's certainly the busiest time of the year for us and unfortunately it's extremely difficult to ensure that every single one of our guests is completely happy with their stay. However, I can assure you that we are trying our absolute best and are now very aware of the issues with your particular room. Fixing these will be priority for us. With that in mind, I hope that you would reconsider the Rideau in the future. Please enjoy the rest of your summer and thank you again for your patronage.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Rideau was very easy to locate in OC-MD. Very friendly staff, clean rooms and hallways. Nice pool. Easy access to the boardwalk. We were there when it was very hot and humid, the AC was excellent and our bed was comfortable. Large,easily accessible parking lot. We enjoyed our stay at Rideau. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christine K

Christine,

Guests like yourself are the reason why we're so proud to be in the hospitality industry. Thank you for your comments and I'm very glad that you enjoyed your vacation at the Rideau! Would have you again ;-)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

ive been going to oc ever since ive been a little girl. weve stayed at this place ever since I can remember. they are the nicest people to deal with ,they care about there guest . they've always have great prices. I love the location . I always look at the other places and think maybe nexted year. but that never happens. I really cant do steps anymore ,but cant bring my self to switch. my kids and grand kids love the pool. its safe. we will be coming to oc the end of july, so excitied . thanks Rideau for the great accommadations this year. vera pfahler see ya soon

Room Tip: always get ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Brandon T, Public Relations Manager at Rideau Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Vera,

We're glad to hear that you share the same love for Ocean City as we do. Your compliments and patronage are appreciated more than you know. We're very excited to see you in July. Safe travels!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights which is nice because most oc motels have a three night min. The room was large and clean! I wish we would have got a boardwalk room but we didnt. With that being said we could hear a lot of the cars going by. Also they could use some new bigger tv's.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends