Barefoot Mailman
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$154
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$178
US$161
ClarionHotels
Comfort Inn Gold Coast(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$110
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$131
HIExpress.com
US$165
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$432
US$166
Gateway Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$177
All reviewsdog areaa pet friendly hotelstayed here numerous timesfull sizerooms are cleancheck in was a breezecleaning staffconvention centerprivate balconynice sizepetsmotelocboardwalkmdratessand
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have stayed here numerous times before. And we will continue to do so. Understand that this is an older hotel. But the rooms are clean and comfortable. And they welcome your dogs with open arms. Even having free dog treats for them at the front desk. The most important part of any hotel is the warmth that the staff conveys. The BFMM has it for both you and your four legged family members.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view of the bay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveler T
Reviewed 7 October 2013

What a relief to find a hotel that actually welcomes dogs with open arms. The location, one half block to the beach, with no streets to cross, could not be better. It is a smallish hotel but our corner room was spacious and very clean. And I appreciated that the windows were not all fixed shut, so we could enjoy fresh air. Lovely kitchenette and a full bath plus an extra vanity and sink located inobtrusively in the room. And our rate was incredible - $74 for one night and that included the pet charge of $10 (granted, we were off season on a Sunday night). Great staff at the front desk, made you feel at home. We always stay at chain hotels but this little gem puts the big boys to shame!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank clhthh
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We have stayed here before but the past 2 times we've stayed, the quality has gone down some. We arrived late night on Wednesday, Sept 18, just before midnight. I was so pleased that someone was still manning the front desk. I took my dog out to walk him before heading in and found there to be no poop bags in the complimentary poop bag dispenser. Ok, not a big deal. Headed up to the room, got unloaded, and went to settle in. Pulled back the covers on 1 of 2 beds and found hair or stains on all 4 of my pillows. I was grossed out. Good thing they had 2 extra pillows in the room that looked decent. Also, when we turned the AC on it had a smoke smell even though we asked for a non smoking room. The rest of our stay was uneventful and fine. The maids and front desk were very nice. The rooms were a comfortable size for 3 people and our large dog.

Room Tip: When you have a dog, the first floor is always best in any hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AngiJB
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed here over Labor Day weekend with our Dog and we were very happy. From the moment we booked the Hotel to Check in, through our stay and Check out, the staff could not have been more friendly. They have treats for your pup at the front counter. When we asked about the Dog Park in Ocean City, the woman behind the front counter was so nice and advised us what we needed to bring our dog their. Because we did not bring paperwork on our Dog, we could not go to that Dog Park. She than suggested a nice park off of 126th where you can walk your dog.

The room was very spacious and very clean. We had a small fridge for drinks and a Microwave. The Bathroom was a bit tight but the room had a second sink outside the Bathroom. By the front door was a small private patio to sit on facing the Bay. Surprisingly, the rooms were quiet as there were a lot of pets in the hotel but they were rarely heard.

The Hotel is located in a nice area, close enough to the Boardwalk, but also close enough to places like Macky's and Seacrets. You can walk right down to the Ocean and it is within walking distance to an outside bar and restaurant called Coconuts which also happens to be Pet Friendly. There is a nice little area on the side of the Hotel that to walk your dog and they provide plastic bags in case you forget. The area is very clean.

Overall, I would recommend this Hotel/Motel to anyone staying in the area, Pet or no Pet. Only downside is that there is no Bar connected with the Hotel, but there are so many close by in Ocean CIty, it really doesn't matter!

Room Tip: Top Floor is the best to be to enjoy the Sunset over the Bay!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rich S
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This was my first visit to Ocean City, but not my last! The Barefoot Mailman desk staff and cleaning staff were friendly and helpful, even going out of their way, and it was nice that to feel that the dog was welcome and not just tolerated. There were a lot of dogs, which also put him at ease and gave him friends to meet. Dog people are the friendliest folks, too. The rooms were very nice and very clean. The bed, I have to say, was more comfortable than my bed at home. I slept like a log! I had a room on a high floor and I loved the sunset view of the bay. It was quiet in the evenings, only a little traffic noise on the main strip below. I took off one star because the online reservation system somehow did not work and I did not get the room with kitchenette that I registered for -- it took my credit card number but when I later, thankfully, called to confirm, there was no record of it and there were no rooms with kitchenettes. Luckily, I got another room, with the smaller fridge and microwave. It turned out to be fine, but it would have been nice to have the cooktop. Also the first woman who answered, I don't know who it was, was not that friendly and put me on hold for 15 minutes, which did not make a great impression on someone who had never been there. Then Gail came on and she was very helpful and nice, a genuinely nice person. She was also helpful when I arrived. I would recommend making your reservations over the phone.

Room Tip: There is an elevator, so don't worry about high floors. You have a great view from up there.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends