“Another Great Time”

Ranked #82 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Another Great Time”
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Once again my Husband and I and our daughter and grandchildren stayed at the Ocean Mecca Motel and we were not disappointed. It was great to see Neal again and we were warmly welcomed. This is a small family owned motel right on the boardwalk with a great view of the Ocean the pool has a great view of the boardwalk and the beach our room (room 100) was an efficieny with a fridge and stove and 2 double beds and a pull out sofa big enough for the 5 of us the room was cleaned daily and the grounds are very clean with the employees cleaning up around the motel. When our Grandaughter became ill and needed to see a doctor we asked at the front desk where we should go and were appropriatly directed to a medi merge on 10th street we were in and out within 45 minutes what great service! If you are looking for a quite place to stay this is the place to consider you will not be disappointed. We look forward to going back again next year this place is better than the large chain hotels in Ocean City.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank momeagle36

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Columbia
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I was very disappointed with my stay at the Mecca Hotel. From the moment my friends and I arrived at the hotel, we were being watched by the staff at the front desk. About five times throughout the entire trip, management came knocking on our door to demand that the correct number of people were in the room, and also to demand that the housekeeping cleaned the room, even when the "Privacy Please" sign was up, and the correct number was there. Also, on day three, they asked us all for our ID’s, something they should have done on the first day. They did not give us a reason. They then went in our room (after housekeeping was completed much earlier that morning) without asking us.

I found this behavior unprofessional considering we were faulty accused of wrongs from day one. Although one of our friends was over twenty three and most of us were nineteen- adult age- we were treated like we were twelve year olds. Also, keep in mind that no guests are allowed on the premises, even if they are visiting for a couple of minutes. This added an unnecessary stress to our vacation. Although the rooms were generally clean and the maids were nice, that did not compensate for the rude and unprofessional staff.

DO NOT stay at this hotel if you are with a group of friends and trying to have an enjoyable vacation. In all my vacations I have never been treated this way at a hotel; and the four hundred plus dollars spent there went to waste.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank oceancityColumbia

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

long island, ny
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I booked the Ocean Mecca after doing extensve research on-line about accommodations in OC, it was our first time in OC and I'm very glad we stayed at the Ocean Mecca! Compared to other hovels on the board walk we breathed a huge sigh of relief. It's in a nice quiet location on the boardwalk with an awesome pool. The rooms were SPOTLESS and kept very clean every day by the super friendly staff.
It was good value, not super cheap but I was happy to pay the price for the cleanliness, we have a baby and a 4 year old.
My son is still talking about it and we are going back next year!

2 Thank nynic46
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 23 August 2009

The Ocean Mecca was a great fit for us for a last-minute getaway before school started. This is a great location - right on the boardwalk, short walk to the stores and restaurants. Beach was very convenient - could be there in 3 minutes! The pool is definitely the nicest we saw along the boardwalk. Room was a little small but we didn't spend much time there anyway.

1 Thank cubsgirl6153
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I was a llittle concerned after reading the last 2 post that things had changed at the Ocean Mecca Motel but I was pleasently surprised to find that things are the same as the last time my husband and I had been there. We were greated with a pleasent smile and a warm welcome from Sal despite the fact that we arrived well before check in time we were told our room would be ready in 45 minutes at 1:15 PM and it was ready just as promised. The room was pleantly big for the 3 of us and the room was well maintained by the housekeeping staff we asked for extra towels and wash cloths and they were there for us each day the pool was fantastic because the beach was closed due to Hurricaine Bill. I was also glad to see Neal's friendly face on the day after our arrival she made us feel like family Cant wait to go back there again next year

1 Thank momeagle36
pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We stayed at this hotel because at first it seams small and simple. But it is VERY overpriced for what you get. NOTHING!!! We over paid for a room with no refrigerator, no hairdryer, not even an alarm clock in the room. But our rooms did come equipped with fly swatters! The flys in the rooms was awful and they did bite you! My husband and I stayed there overnight with my 2 teenage boys, my mom and my mother-in-law and will never stay again! We had 3 rooms and my 2 boys were fortunate enough to experience black and white TV!

5 Thank FrancesPennsylvania
PA
Reviewed 9 August 2009

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights, and while the room was very small, it was very clean and close to everything. We did enjoy our stay, even with the kids upstairs running around and sounding like they were coming through the ceiling at any moment. However, when I inquired about a room for a relative who would be arriving over the weekend, I was told by Neil that I should call on the Thursday of that week, and she could give me a "deal" on the price, because they don't drop their prices until late in the week if they're not filled up. She was very convincing that the "deal" would happen. When I called on Thursday, she in fact did have a room available, but now she said that they wouldn't be able to drop the rate till they arrived on Friday. I booked it for them, and when they did arrive, they of course now say they had to pay full price. $260 each night. Being that they didn't want to take the time to find another more reasonable price, they paid. Upon entering the room, they find that they paid "full price" for a room with no refrigerator. No table and chairs, only a desk that served as the dresser to put their clothing in. They asked at the desk for a room with the frig, and were told that the cost of that room would be $320 per night. That's absolutely ridiculous!!!! They had rooms available, because they were NOT sold out.... but would not move them. While I said that this was a nice "little" hotel, that is true, but to be so dishonest to me about what they could provide for my family member, only to get me to take the room, is inexcusable. My family most certainly could have had another room at another motel, just as nice, with a frig, and all the amenities, for ALOT LESS than what they had to pay at this one. Their dishonesty to me is something I will NEVER forget, and I certainly will NOT stay there again because of the deceit. I made a HUGE mistake in recommending this to our family member, and in the future, I will certainly stay in other hotels that I've had pleasant experiences at, and in Ocean CIty, there are many..... I could go on and on about this whole situation, but this is the short version of what happened. Shame on the staff at the Ocean Mecca!!!!! I booked this because of all the great reviews, but never again. It's a small, very "basic" hotel that in NO WAY would warrant the over-priced amount they charged.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple