“Great location ... rooms need upgrading!”

Best Western Ocean City Hotel & Suites
Ranked #25 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Great location. However, the hotel is in need of room upgrades. Breakfast was OK; staff were very nice. It would be nice if there was a changing area/showers that you could use on the day of your departure so you could go to the beach and still get a shower before leaving Ocean City.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 September 2013

The check-in was quick. The front desk did a good job suggesting places to eat and which amusement park to go to. We had two adults and three children in our queen suite at Best Western in Ocean City MD. The room had two queen beds and a pull out sofa bed. When we arrived there was a worker trying to fix the phones. He claimed that one of two were now working, but we later discovered neither worked. We had two separate areas with a television in each area. This was wonderful since my nieces and nephew wanted to look at their favorite shows. The microwave and refrigerator were great for us to store our drinks and dinner leftovers. It room was clean and the service staff were nice. However, my nephew who is a big young man had problems with the sofa bed because it was too short for the frame. It kept falling so he slept across the top and did not complain. Everyone enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. My nieces and nephew ate until their bellies were full. The hotel is very close to shopping areas and places to eat. More importantly, we were only one block from the beach. We loved being able to walk to the beach and spend the day. The third week of August when we came to OC, we were expecting the beach to be crowded. We were happy that the days we went it was not. And the beach was clean and well monitored by the lifeguards and other beach patrols. We are already making plans, God willing, for next year's vacation in O.C., MD. and staying at Best Western.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank FaithM2020
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Best Western Corporate is not my favorite hotel chain. Their rewards program is great....if you can actually use your points in a way that meets your needs. Unfortunately, most of the time, you can't. However: this particular Best Western impressed me. Clean rooms and public areas. The Breakfast area specifically was lovely....located behind the lobby (instead of in it) it felt like a peaceful retreat. Continental breakfast was high-end. No corners cut to save money. I could tell this hotel has the comfort and convenience of their guests in mind. We stayed in a Queen suite, and the room was extremely spacious and comfortable. My traveling companion wakes up much earlier than me, so it was nice for her to be able to go to an area separate from the bedroom so I could continue to sleep undisturbed. Kelly at the front desk was a gift, and helped me get through a difficult check-in. My only complaint: the firmness of the beds. I have two words for all the hotels of the world: MEMORY FOAM! Overall...I would definitely choose this hotel again!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank jhhwow
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Second year in a row we stayed here. The location is very good. 30 streets above the top of the boardwalk so less noise. We spend time in both north oc and west oc. Decent, friendly b'fast. Rooms are comfortable. Two LED TVs in the suite. Easy, mostly covered parking.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steven M
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Check in was fast, and the desk clerks were very nice and helpful. They gave us lots of recommendations for places to stay and things to do in the city. They raved about Seacrets which is a few blocks up, within walking distance. Hotel only has 1 elevator, but we didn't have any problems with having to wait too long for it. Our room was very nice, clean, and huge. Lot's of open space. The view faced Coastal Highway, which was fine for me. You can see all the people walking around and hanging out. The tub is very small, not ever sure why they have a jetted tub that's so small. But the bathroom was nice and clean. There's a microwave fridge in all rooms. Parking is free, and this hotel is right in the heart of "nightlife" Ocean city. And the drive to the boardwalk is maybe 5 minutes. Our rate was $211 for one night. That's pretty steep, but this was labor day weekend, so not too bad for prime season. Prices are average on non-holiday weekends. I had a nice time at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsPhilly215
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay over Labor Day weekend. The rate was high, but that is expected over a holiday. Friendly staff, updated rooms, nice breakfast and clean rooms. The location is in the center of everything and just a short, inexpensive bus ride to the boardwalk.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank sjnisswa
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

You get exactly what you pay for. I went with my boyfriend and we are both in our 20s and it seemed as if they kept everyone who was young on the same floor or maybe it was a coincidence. Therefore every night at 2-3am drunk groups of kids were yelling and banging walls in the hallways. I understand management cannot control their behavior but this continued to go on every night. I do not believe this to be a hotel for children/families. There is no pool or any activities for children at the hotel. The hotel is an outdated, dirty hotel. Within the hotel room there were holes in the ceiling by the bathroom fan and scratches all over the walls. Upon arrival there was hair in the bed sheets. I had asked to have the sheets changed and the maid had responded with something along the lines of "when we shake out the sheets, hair and lint get stuck on the sheets". Once she changed the sheets, there was more hair on the sheets and that is when I gave up and finally just used the sheets there. The following day I had left the room at 10am and arrived back at 2pm expecting my room to already been services by housekeeping. At 2pm it was not and had wanted to shower so I had requested new towels. It took 30-40min for new towels to arrive after a call to the front desk and approaching the housekeeper. When approaching the housekeeper for towels she had responded "I cannot give you towels if I do not have any, you will have to wait for someone to bring them up". After finally getting fresh towels, it was close to 3pm and our room had still not been serviced. At that point I was staying in my room the rest of the night and had told them I wouldn't need the service. Lastly, if you stay at this hotel in the summer, do not expect air conditioning in the elevator or hallways. Overall, I would not recommend it unless you need a cheap getaway to only rest your head at night.

• Stayed: September 2013