“Pleasant stay for business”

Best Western Ocean City Hotel & Suites
Ranked #34 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Westminster, United States
“Pleasant stay for business”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

A. The blackout curtains were excellent. B. The price was excellent for my short notice business trip. C. The room was very large and comfortable. D. There was a large trash can in the room that handled take out boxes. Very thoughtful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Alexis M, Manager at Best Western Ocean City Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Jim,

First of all, thank you for staying with us and for writing a review about our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your experience with us and thank you for your compliments about our hotel. I hope you get the chance to visit us again. Now that you have stayed with us, please make sure you ask for your "Repeat Guest" discount!

Thanks again,
Alexis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hanover, United States
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The price was more than reasonable and the room was spacious and clean. The staff was very friendly and greeted us with a smile every time we left and came back. This hotel will be my first choice every time I return to Ocean City.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Laurie,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for also reviewing our hotel. We do try very hard to provide great customer service to all of our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your time spent with us and hope you do visit us again. I will certainly forward your comments on to our employees, also!

New Holland
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have stayed here before, and maybe it was just the time of the year but, this time the customer service was good, the continental breakfast was really good, however who wants to wait 15 minutes to heat up the water to get a shower, we stayed the whole weekend and had to do this each time, that is the worst customer service ever, any why do you put ppl on the 4th floor when there really isn't anyone else in the hotel???? I ask that question and they said they were doing renovations, well I didn't see one worker, and they really need to upgrade on lots of things, like the beds were super hard, and not enough blankets for March, the heater went off and on which kept you a wake. I can say I had a good trip because it was a nice get a way for my husband and myself, and yes I didn't want to spend that much money on a hotel, so next time I will re-think my decision...I did however like the staff, so it's just the owners stuff that needs to be changed....

Room Tip: I doubt any room would matter there really isn't a view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 24 January 2014

When I come to OC, MD I typically rent a condo, however, my plans changed and I arrived a day earlier than planned. I booked at this property simply due to it's location. The staff was helpful and nice enough for being a busy night. The room however was sad inside, the bathroom was in dire need of renovation---actually the room as a whole needs to be renovated. But it met my needs and was close to public access to the beach.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kaitisland
Alexis M, Manager at Best Western Ocean City Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and also for reviewing our hotel! I appreciate your comments about our staff as we do try our best to provide excellent customer service. We encourage our guests to leave us honest opinions, whether good or bad. I appreciate your comments about our bathrooms. We are in the process right now of upgrading the bathrooms in every guest room with new granite vanity tops. The off-season is the perfect time for upgrading!

Thanks again,
Ocean CIty, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The thermostat did not work properly. It was a cold night and to get the thermostat to come on I had to turn it up into the 80's to warm a room that was in the high 60's. In the morning there was no hot water for a shower. After calling the desk to report this, you would expect a call back to let you know that ir was back in working order, not done. The staff was not friendly, helpful or apologetic for the problems. The continental breakfast was the worst I have had. It was made up primarily of packaged goods, nothing fresh or hot. Well there were the pancakes that a machine made. I will not stay at this hotel again and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Marie T
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The first week in October we were visiting OC Md and stayed at the Best Western on the bay side. The breakfast had a lot of choices, no complaints there. But the house keeping was one of the worst. After being out all day and coming in around 3:30pm, we were told by the house keeping on the floor that they were busy getting ready for new arrivals and they had not done our room. So we went out for another 2 hours and returned to a room barely touched by housekeeping. The bathroom floor still had a spill, all the trash cans were lined up in the living area, the bathroom mat was still wet (from us??) the cushion on the couch were still misplaced from the night before, the carpet still had crumbs from the night before. I noted this to the front desk staff, but heard nothing. The halls in the hotel were not clean either. What's up with this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Wyomissing, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Welcoming staff, wonderful room with a couch, two tvs, fridge and micro. Breakfast was very good and hotel was convenient to lots of restaurants. Tucked between the bay and the boardwalk on a major street around 56th.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple