“Great place - Stay here!”
Review of The Breakers Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Breakers Hotel
Ranked #4 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Mount Vernon, New York
“Great place - Stay here!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We were so happy with this place. We decided to go the first week of June and got a great price for a Thurs-Saturday stay. The room was exceptionally clean, the curtains and linens were really well-matched, the room service was attentive, and you can open the sliding door to the balcony and hear the waves crashing on the beach. The front desk people were really helpful because one of they days we were there, it rained, and they had already put together a list of "rainy day experiences" to have locally. Also, this hotel is situated very close to the end of the peninsula, so you can stroll the boardwalk for what seems like forever. You can also hop across the bridge to the Tanger Outlets to do some great shopping or you can check out Assateague Island State Park which is about 20 minutes away by car (where the wild ponies are!) Also, for diner style food, go to Layton's which is on 16th St. They have a great breakfast and make their own delicious donuts. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer T

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Woolford
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We just got back from staying at the Breakers for Sunfest. After we booked the hotel, I read a lot of bad reviews. I was really worried about our upcoming trip, but after staying there I can't imagine what people were complaining about. I guess some people just like to complain. The front desk ladies could not have been nicer, always had a smile on their faces. The room was great, and very clean. The maid service was superior. Their Wi-Fi was perfect, never lost service as I have in many big name hotels. Great location and can't wait t go back for Sunfest next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Suemeg
Lexington, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

, We had a room on the 4th floor. It was very spacious and super clean. The hotel claimed to have WiFi, but I could never get it to pick up. The room had a large window and after pulling the curtains it revealed a wall to the next hotel - bummer. The hotel had a small indoor pool, a fitness center and landrey room. I felt the off season rates were a little high ($150/night after taxes), but on the upside, the location was perfect. Go out the door, and your right by the boardwalk.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank cluvsbeach
Bridgeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 September 2013

this is our second year staying at The Breakers Hotel and we absolutely love it ! The staff is very helpful and friendly. Upon our check in we had just made it to the hotel, we lost the brakes in our vehichle. The ladies at the front desk were very helpful in giving us the name and directions to a near by Mechanic that was very reasonable. Mrs. Schwartz was also very friendly and helpful and even made us a reservation at a Restaurant for us. The rooms are very very clean, and our housekeeper was also very friendly. No complaints here and we will definately be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Traci B
Salem, Ohio
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Just recently came back from yet another fantastic vacation to Ocean City Maryland! We have stayed here at the Breakers hotel for several years and is by far one of the nicest hotels on the boardwalk. I wanted to write another review of this lovely hotel. We stay ocean front and the view is spectacular with a wonderful and roomy balcony. Our room had side windows where you can look down the boardwalk too. The room is very spacious with a great size family room. The bathroom is average size, would be nice to have a bigger one or a walk in shower but still is a nice room. Very comfortable beds. I slept well every night. The staff this year was very friendly and we enjoyed talking to them. I do believe the hotel is quite pricey but we stay here because the location is perfect, the hotel is clean and comfortable and the rooms have lots of space. Housekeeping was so friendly and did a great job every day with the room.If you are looking for a clean and upscale place to stay, save your bucks and come here!

Room Tip: Above Dough Roller resturant, perfect location.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Christa H
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Though the room was really nice and clean, they are very strict! We couldn't talk very loud or have the tv too loud because staff was very strict! And we had our do not disturb sign up but housekeeping kept harassing us to come in and clean. She even called after I had told her no twice asking if we wanted our room cleaned. But it is a great location!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank lexi1720
Thurmont, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2013

First I would like to say I am not one to complain because of one bad experience. Actually, I have never made it a point to post a review online....ever, until my very short stay at Breakers. We had originally planned to visit O.C. for just a day trip so I didn't book a room in advance. Once the rain set in, we decided it would be a good idea to get a room so the kids could have more beach time. I called around and Breaker's was the first hotel we called with a room available so we were on our way. On the ride over, my friends kid asked if he could stay with us since his mom and dad were going home that night. So I went from 2 adults and 2 kids to 2 adults and 3 kids. As soon as I approached the desk, there was an older lady behind it that wouldn't even look up from her computer until I said "hello, excuse me." As soon as I had her attention, I informed her I now had 3 children instead of 2, and said "Is that going to be a problem or do you have a bigger room?" After much grunting and nagging, she said it was fine but was very clear they had no extra blankets, no cots, and no extra pillows --- which I didn't even ask her about! She very rudely kept accusing me of being a liar or in her own words...."can't decide how many kids I have." So I bite my tongue and we continue to check in...I hand her my ID and credit card. At this point I'm wondering if I am imagining her attitude towards me or if this is really happening. I can't figure out why in the world she would be angry with me, I've only been there a few minutes. I asked the lady if there was a security deposit and if so, how much. She looked at me like I was stupid and asked how old I was. She was the one standing there with my drivers license in her hand....so who's the stupid one now? So I tell her how old I am and she stated very rudely that because I was over 21 I didn't have a security deposit, "unless I planned on trashing her room." She felt a reason to repeat it over and over, "do you plan on trashing my room? Should I take a deposit, are you going to trash my room?" Then it was time to explain this was a no smoking room --- you would think that's all she would say is "this is a non-smoking room" but NO -- she had to keep repeating herself and would say "is that going to be a problem" "There's no smoking aloud, are you going to smoke in my room?" I don't know who this lady is but after reading all the other reviews I can only guess it is the owner. The title of my review was going to be "WHAT A BIT#H! b/c that's the best way to explain it. I ended up asking for my drivers license and credit card back and I walked out. I refuse to give my hard earned money to a hotel that doesn't know how to welcome their guests. I strongly suggest to anyone staying in O.C. not to stay at Breakers, especially if you have children. This lady doesn't even know how to be nice to an adult, let alone a child! If we had stayed there, I can only imagine what other experiences I would be telling you about the old hag behind the counter yelling at my children. Within less than 5 minutes, this lady called me a liar, insinuated I was going to trash her hotel room and smoke inside a non-smoking hotel room! I don't care what the place looks like inside or how big the beds are -- I'll never stay somewhere I'm not welcome and this place was definitely unwelcoming!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! I recommend the Harrison Hall - very cozy and right on the boardwalk!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family