“A long and happy history”
Review of The Breakers Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Breakers Hotel
Ranked #8 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have been coming to this hotel each summer for 8 years. The location is PERFECT. On the boardwalk and accessible to everything.
When we first came the kids were teen & pre-teen. The hotel was always accommodating with their service, happy to see us and a pleasure to be at. As the kids got older we started needing different levels of service (late night returns after being at the clubs, the kids not us). and now just my wife & I. They greet us like family when we show and see us off the same way.
I have read some of the negative comments and believe that there are two sides to most stories. We have only been treated above any expectations, I state unequivalently, you could not go wrong staying here.
By the way, big rooms, immaculately clean and as I stated earlier, a can’t beat location.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are fantastic, and the rooms on the side of the hotel, although overlooking the...

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We planned a last minute beach trip and we were excited to get a standard room at this hotel. The location was great and we were pleasantly suprised at the size of a standard room. It was huge. It was very clean and the maidservice was great. Kids swam in the indoor pool one day. Only downfall was no veiw or balcony. We will definately plan earlier next year in hopes of getting an ocean front room. We would definately return!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 August 2014

great hotel. It is fairly new, extremely clean , quiet, and right on the boardwalk. Rates are somewhat expensive however. Has an indoor pool. Staff was friendly enough. Nice pizza restaurant just downstairs from the hotel called the doughboy--very good pizza and can dine in.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank henry c
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were looking for two rooms in Ocean City at the last minute and The Breakers was one of the few hotels that was available. The hotel room was quite large and extremely clean. The location was great, on the boardwalk, yet the room was quiet. We usually stay at a different hotel, but I actually will be staying here again next time. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ithacamom17
OCBreakers, Manager at The Breakers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for your comments and your recommendation. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I had recently stayed here after reading several positive reviews. I stayed there because it had positive reviews from what I saw. I am now convinced the owner is just making accounts and giving it all 5 stars because nothing I saw deserved the 5 star rating. I was dissapointed with the room. It smelled like must and mildew. The "partial" ocean view over looks the dumpsters and parking lot where kids party all night long. The only advice we got on this was to call the police for a noise complaint. They didn't tell us this until the next morning when I wanted to check out early because the drunk college kids kept my son up all night. When I asked about getting even one night of my money back the owner got a serious attitude with me and told me that I signed a contract and my money was now her money and we had to deal with it. I was completely disgusted by the attitude the owner showed towards her guests and I will never stay there again and I suggest that you do not either. The final straw was the next morning my son wanted to swim in the pool because he is to small to swim in the ocean and they didn't even open the pool on time. After it was supposed to be open for a half hour I called the front desk and they said they had to add water so it was going to take at least another half hour before we could swim. I am not rich by any means but I went and found another hotel rather than stay there. I would again suggest that you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you want a good room then do not stay here!
18  Thank Nick_W_Review
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Location is the only good thing about this hotel. Beds small and hard. Way overpriced. No coffee in lobby - really at $300 a night with a 2 night minimum and 2 week cancellation. No views but a few rooms that are way more that $300 per night. Given a key for the foot wash and asked to wash feet before entering hotel - maybe provide a nice outdoor shower for guest not a locked cut off hose!

10  Thank Klooster5
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Save your money. Small and depressing. The partial ocean view rooms are a joke facing an alley and noisy all night keeping our infant awake. When speaking to the front desk about checking out early due to being so unhappy here we were told they won't do anything for us. Call the police after midnight for noise complaints was the best advice they could give. We still have 3 nights left here and we are sitting in our room debating on check out anyways and eating the money because we are that miserable!

• Stayed: July 2014