“EXTREMELY RUDE”
Review of The Breakers Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Breakers Hotel
Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I will start off with the fact that it is an absolute shame that this place is owned/run by such a rude woman. The building itself is very nice, but as nice as it may be I will NEVER stay there again simply because the owner was so blatantly obnoxious. It was clear that by simply checking in we (my 60+ year old mother and our two family friends) were interrupting her. She was abrassive, and nasty about every single "normal" question we asked regarding our stay. At the time I had no idea that she was the owner. I found this out later when I complained to the lady that may have been a manager. That person told me that they were aware of how rude the owner is and that they were sending her to some kind of customer service classes. Clearly by reading the other reviews that never happened, or didn't work. With a Psychology background I would have to say that this person clearly has some issues and should be evaluated/medicated. Seriously do NOT take any chances, don't stay here, it is not worth the stress involved. That is what vacation is for to have fun and escape stress, not fight back the desire to choke someone. Again, such a shame, truly, especially for the poor people who have to put up with her on a daily basis. I can't even imagine!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
6  Thank SL71Pennsylvania

Reviewed 26 May 2009

Booked a standard room for the wife and I at the last minute for Memorial Day weekend and could not be more happy about the entire stay. The location was perfect. Parking was easy and within a block of the hotel. The room was VERY spacious, clean, and well maintained. Service overall was excellent: desk staff was helpful and friendly and maid service was fast and thorough (plus left more than enough fresh towels every day). Mini fridge and microwave were a plus. Bathrooms were clean. Water pressure was very good. Walls were solid, never heard a sound from another room.

Indoor pool was above average. Both it and the workout room were a little small, but more than enough for a quick swim or run.

Overall I was very pleased and would stay here the next time I want to be on the boardwalk before anywhere else. It's perfect for couples or families. If you plan on packing 6 people in a 4 person room or looking for a place to get loud with people in your room, this isn't the place for you. The elevators require room keys and you can tell they monitor the halls with security cameras. If you are looking for a clean, spacious, newer facility to relax and enjoy the beach without having to experience the vacation with everyone on the floor with you, this is the place.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jasoncarty720
Reviewed 6 April 2009

My bf and I stayed at Breakers hotel for one night and a day for change of scenary. For those looking to stay right on the boardwalk with elegant accomadations this is the place for you. The location is perfect with regards to the boardwalk. The hotel all around is very very very clean! The staff was fine. The rooms are beautiful and clean! The mattresses are very comfortable and the sheets are so crisp,comfy and clean! Bathroom was immaculate with lovely tile and lots of towels. As for the "cameras", i did not see it as an issue at all. It made me feel safe and they weren't like everywhere, they were at places that were needed and good choice spots. Keep in mind you are on the boardwalk, where the majority of ocean city crime happens and crime does happen especially at night, so for a hotel to go out of there way with a few extra cameras made me feel like they "care". The pool is very nice with nice veiws. The dough roller is right there and stays open late so that is very accomodating. I really like that it is a no smoking hotel and they are very strict about that for those like myself who consider themselves allergic to smoke. I love how they have information on what to do on the boardwalk and at OC. I also loved how they had dinner menus for restaurants and info. I was sad to leave. We are thinking about returning for two nights after Easter and considering staying in the ocean front suites which we got to see and are very nice!!!!!! Parking is across the street and there are two handicapped spaces upfront at the building. Loading luggage and parking can become complicated especially during the afternoon and evening when boardwalk is really busy and your party is more then 3. All in All lovely elegant boutique hotel on the boardwalk! We will be returning shortly!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lainy0957
Reviewed 30 October 2008

The hotel is in a optimal location with nice amenities, moderately clean rooms, and one kind staff member.

The rest of the staff, especially the owner, was extremely rude and disrespectful to myself and my friends. The lack of caring and respect for customers who have paid above-market price was unexpected and unwarranted.

We were able to make the best of it as most of our time was spent outside of the hotel, otherwise an "award" of 1 star would be completely justified.

You probably have read the other reviews that state similar experiences. Do yourself a favor and book with one of the many other hotels in the immediate vicinity. And be sure to send a kind email to the owner stating why you did _not_ select her hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007
5  Thank rev_eng
Reviewed 15 September 2008

We arrived at the hotel around 2:35 and checked in right away! We had a Deluxe King Room. Beautiful, with a side balcony to see the Ocean! The staff was very pleasent! No problems all weekend....
We would return to this hotel later in the season! Great stay

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redhead76_8
Reviewed 14 September 2008

Just got back from Bike Week OC and I have to share the best example of how to be the worst owner ,manager and front desk personnel . If you want to be treated like a 5 yr even if you are over 40 this is the place for you. The response and attitude given when asked for clear instructions or directions to the parking was met with a complete and utter tirade on its not that hard and offered nothing other than that....remember you come up an elevator and are all turned around...The hotel itself would rate 5 if it wasn't for the 2 middle aged women who really do a first class act in bringing the entire place down....maybe it was the fact that it was coming to the end of season but I doubt it as having met a least 3 other guests that day who had the same pleasure we had in receiving the WORST/RUDEST service ever......at least they were good at something

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank paddypud
Reviewed 3 September 2008

Like my title says the only good thing about this hotel is its location. The rooms were very expensive for what we got, two twin beds. There are cameras everywhere, and they photocopied our drivers licence. Now dont get me wrong Im all for safety but the amount of cameras they have is kinda scary. The Major thing that got me was how rude the managament was towards use. All in all would never stay there again.

Stayed: May 2008