“Very clean, contemporary rooms.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Breakers Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Breakers Hotel
Ranked #9 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Lehigh Valley, Pa.
“Very clean, contemporary rooms.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2009

We stayed here four days during August in the Ocean Front Suite. The room was very clean and had a updated decor. The only drawback was the price and no outdoor pool, although we would stay here again. With all of the other nightmares you encounter on vacations, I would highly recommend the Breakers if you want to stay on the boardwalk and not have to worry about being stuck next the "frat party".

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank BeachBumsz

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2009

I read every review of this hotel prior to booking my trip and bottom line, it did not dissapoint. I will note, as many preior reviewers have, the owner, Julie is her name I beleive, was a bit curt at first, but warmmed up and was actually very friendly, but initially, she was rude. I havd to add that the friendliness of the remaining staff overcompensated for her lack of congieniality. My daughter wiped out on a wave during our stay and had some pretty good scrapes on her thigh. The staff gave us bandages, gauze and all the fixins to mend her. they also continued to ask about her every day when they saw us.
On to the rooms...I think these are the cleanest rooms in OC!!!!! We stayed in the Ocean Front Suite, yes it was the most expensive room there, and likely a bit overpriced conpared to some of the other hotels near by, but our room was spacious. Upon entering the suite, there is a sitting area with a couch w/ a pull out bed. The couch was not confortable, but we neve really used it. A table and four chairs are also in the sitting area. The bathrooms were spacious for a hotel. Not huge, but double sinks, which was nice with kiddos and lots of towles were left everyday, with quality soaps and toiletries. The sleeping area was also spacious and the beds were comfy. I do wish the comforters were a bit fluffier, as i am used to sleeping with a down comforter and the Breaker's were pretty thin.
My other and last complaint, although minimal, is that becasue we had glass doors facing the boardwalk, we could hear some noise at night, if peopel were loud. Usually it was no big deal, but one night sone kids were outside beign extremely loud.
Did I mention the view...fabulous.
I highly recommend this hotel. We had friends stay at other older, nearby facilities and they were just old and smelly, cheaper, but not the caliber of The Breakers.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank WardMoores
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

As I typically book my stays in the larger hotels north of the boardwalk, I will start by saying that it was by last-minute necessity that I booked a standard room at The Breakers. Upon arrival I could understand why at peak season, it was the only hotel with availability. Parking was a hassle and the intersections you must cross on foot to get to the hotel are very busy. The woman at the front desk was rude and did not offer any kind hospitality. It was clear that she did not trust anyone lodging in her hotel, as she explained the strict rules while begrudgingly handing over our room keys. Surely we were welcomed, but rather felt that she were doing us a favor by letting us stay there.
The standard room (2 double beds, no view, no balcony) was nicely decorated but not very relaxing. After reading all the rules in the guest services handbook and seeing the warnings regarding particular fines (including a strict no-henna-tattoo policy) the place seemed like a don't-touch museum. As my friend said, there were rules on how to follow the rules.
Yes the hotel is clean and the added security of key-access elevators was comforting, but I would not suggest this hotel to anyone I know. And, while I did not take children with me, I would advise families with children to look elsewhere. It is not a kid-friendly atmosphere and the rates could definitely get you a more enjoyable time at another hotel in Ocean City.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
8 Thank greenie19
altoona, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

spent three nights here. there is not a cleaner hotel in OC. Not great for kids since there is no outdoor pool. Location is great. I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maxmyamason
Washington, Dc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2009

Nice hotel but we paid way to much for the room we got. The room was really small and the view for the two double bed room was horrible. There was 1 window in the room and we didn't even get a view of the parking lot, not like that woluld have been better but instead we got a view of a grey concrete wall from the hotel next to door. There was only 1 very small indoor pool and no outdoor pool. Overall wasn't bad, but I think I could have got a whole lot more bang for my buck elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank IIIIILoveMyLife
maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2009

I had some family visiting and we wanted to stay at the beach for a few days.
This hotel was terrific! It was clean & comfortable, and the staff were really friendly.
I'm glad I trusted the majority of the other reviews who had good or great experience with this hotel. Our family wants to make another trip next year, and we plan to stay here.
I really liked the fact they had cameras for security in the hallways, and you needed to use your key in the elevator.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank busyb59
WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2009

I have stayed in many different hotels in Ocean City over the past 35 years - and I have never seen a hotel which is both close to the boardwalk and pier, and yet incredibly clean and spacious - but, this one is! If you want to be near the boardwalk, and still feel great about your accomodations, then this is the place for you. Beautiful pool, exercise room, stylish room decor, comfortable beds, incredibly clean ,and virtually no noise! The staff was exceptionally friendly. I've read the previous reviews and have no idea what they are talking about, in regards to rudeness - the front desk manager and housekeeping went out of their way to be exceptionally helpful and friendly. Ask anyone who is familiar with Ocean City about how dirty, outdated (and dangerous) most hotels are near the boardwalk - but, not this one. Breakers is clean, spacious, modern, quiet, and secure. It sounds too good to be true, I know - but, trust me - if you stay at Breakers, you will NOT be dissapointed. My only concern is, everyone will find out this is the best hotel in O.C., and I will need to make room reservations years in advance! This is hands-down the absolute BEST, and I will not settle for any others, from now on. Try it, and you will be delighted.

• Stayed June 2009