“love this hotel”

Ranked #45 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
bunker hill,wv,usa
“love this hotel”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

we were down in oct,2012 and it was just as nice as when we go in april-may-and aug. i love this hotel all the staff is nice and friendly never have a bad thing to say about any of them.this is my hotel of choice i wish they were open year round so i could go more to just get away this is the perfect place to be

Room Tip: we had the private balcony and it was so nice. i cant find anything to say bad about the staff the a...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank connie o

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Glenville, New York
Reviewed 11 December 2012

It has been close to three years since my family and I went on a vacation. My kids are ages 8 and 5. We chose Ocean City because of the boardwalk and the beach. The hallways smelled like chicken wings and the room was a bit worn, but it was not a re-furbished room and I knew that going in. I remember going on vacation when I was a kid and I really wanted to give my kids that same memory that I have. The Flagship Oceanfront did exactly that! Nothing fancy but that's OK. The staff was excellent. We arrived late (around midnight) and to our surprise the indoor pool was still open. It's not huge by any means but we didn't care. We hit the pool around 12:30 AM, swam for a little bit, then walked down to the ocean around 1 AM or so. My kids (and me) never stopped smiling and laughing. We spent the next few days going to the ocean and using my son's new body board. He never wanted to get out of the ocean. The pool was awsome. It is 10 feet in the deep end (we walked the boardwalk looking at the other pools and ours was the deepest. My kids loved going in that pool. They had showers near it from when you came in from the beach. At the end of the trip when we were leaving my kids said that they can't wait to come back..stay in the same room (I think I'll get a re-furbished one though) and do the same thing all over again. This was exactly what I was looking/hoping for. Kind of cheesy hotel but fun and friendly and a place that my kids will remember. We can't wait to come back!! Thank God Sandy didn't do too much damage.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank James B
Hancock, MD
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My husband, two kids and I went for the weekend at the end of September. We arrived late. When we got to our room the lock did not work, maintenance worked on it for 30 minutes. I asked for a different room and was told no because there were no other rooms. After one hour the lock was sort of fixed. It still took 3 times to get in before getting in. Once in the room, the curtains smelled like smelly arm pits, heater did not work, think dust everywhere and there was only a sheet on the bed. The floors had multiple stains and the furniture had holes in it. The next day the elevator worked on and off. The pool area would have been nice had it not been the walkway from the outside to the inside of the hotel. However, during the whole stay the staff was excellent. If this hotel was clean and updated like their staff this would be a great hotel. This is not the place to go if you have small children.

Room Tip: Do not get the apartment....maybe this was the problem?
5 Thank Lovesthebeach01

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Crofton, Maryland
Reviewed 8 September 2012

A family member flew in for Labor Day weekend and wanted to stay on the beach. It is impossible to find for just two nights in high season a reputable chain hotel unles you stay in Salisbury. I knew that to be able to only book for that Saturday and Sunday nights there might be a few problems. Most of the bad reviews I had read were correct. The carpets and furnishings were well worn and the hallways did smell of urine. They do have luggage carts, however when you take the small elevator to the upper floors you cannot push it to your room as there are many up and down stairs on each level. We asked the front desk for help and they did send the maintenance man who knew how to get the cart to our room and he even took everything off and placed our luggage in our room. In the rooms you could see mold in various places, so if someone is a germaphobe beware. However, the front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful and you are steps away from the beach. So to be able to be oceanside for only a weekend in high season I would say it was worth our stay.

3 Thank Michelle D
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This hotel was a typical beach hotel with friendly staff at the very end of the board. Great beach location. Value for our efficiency was awesome. They have showers and change rooms so u can continue use of beach & pool before & after check in/ check out.

Board walk was quiet and was walking distance to some good restaurants and family activities.

My only complaint is house keeping did not replenish towels/ toiletries to my liking. Had to keep asking for extra towels, shampoo, toilet paper and dish soap. Parking that was near hotel was very tight too.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Denise S
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed for a weekend and everything was very nice and clean. staff was friendly. Only problem was no blankets on the bed which they were more than happy to bring to our room when we asked.Free tanning bed, gym, indoor pool and hot tub was nice. Every staff member I spoke to was very nice and and helpful. Pool side bar and music was nice while relaxing at the pool.

2 Thank mzjodee
New Jersey
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The location of the hotel was pretty good, depending on what your after. The beach was steps away and the amusement park was also close. The pier rides and arcades were at the opposite end but there was a tram that went the stretch of the boardwalk.

As for the room, I'm sure it was clean but it felt kind of dirty. The water pressure in the shower was really poor. You could get more pressure from the sink and considering that most people are trying to rinse off sand from the beach this was disappointing. There was only one elevator in the building so depending on where your room was, you might be walking pretty far to get from the elevator to the room. I gave this rating an average because it wasn't disgusting but it also wasn't worth the price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family