“Terrible”

Ranked #44 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrible”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I only planned on staying for one night however that didn't happened because they had no heat in my room staff was very rude and unprofessional i was told i could not get a refund so i just left it was to cold in the room and very unbearable i will not recomend this Hotel to a dog it was very bad. I feel like it you dont like your job you need to quit. POINT BLANK PERIOD!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I came back to the Flagship Oceanfront for a cheer competition. When I was there previously, I dealt with one of the Managers, Scott. This year I was informed by a lady at the front desk who said "he moved on to bigger and better things" and then she glanced at the person next to her and giggled. I asked if he was still in Oc, you know general conversation and She followed up with "Yeah he is no longer with the company" same giggle. Shame that he is not because I got nothing but sarcastic customer service acting as if since I had been there before I should know everything IE: parking, pool hours things like that. I believe I touched a nerve when I asked about Scott and also believe that set the tone for the rest of my transaction. Meaning I think that I was treated differently for asking then I would have been had I not inquired. I was confused about parking and when it was repeated a second time I felt like a scolded school child. I thought that a company was supposed to be happy I spend my money there not treated poorly. I got to my room which was in the back and called to ask if I could move closer to the Ocean. And I swear to you, I was transferred to a girl who identified herself as the manager and she said if I wanted a room closer to the Ocean I should have booked Oceanfront. I said I understood and that I had been there before and been able to move closer but I wasnt asking for Oceanfront just a little closer to which she promptly said we are full everyone has already checked in. It was an obvious rouge to get me to comply and stop asking. I mean it was 3pm on a Friday and there was hardly anyone there at that point. I watched people walking into rooms all down my hall all night long. I get that I booked a room and got that I got but it is unbelievable the customer service was as bad as it was. I during my whole stay (except for my housekeeper clara) was treated as if I owed them something. There was no Thank you for your business it was more like I should thank them for taking the time to ALLOW me to stay there. We were with Cheerleaders who were constantly being yelled out for walking around in groups. If they cannot or are not equipped to handle groups of teenage girls then I suggest they stop taking reservations CUSTOMER SERVICE ZERO, MANAGEMENT ZERO HOTEL CLEANLINESS (other than room, i mean hallways, indoor pool, common areas) ZERO A lot has changed since I was last there and I will be writing to the corporate office which after hard trying I finally got a phone number (It was like pulling teeth because the manager knew she was wrong) I would not recommend this property any longer they need a great deal of sensitivity training to learn how to deal with customers.. Farewell Flagship you will not get my business again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank riddlemethis

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The hotel is not as clean and updated as pictures the courtyard was flithy and ragady, staff were grumpy during check-In, The walls are thin and you hear everything, We were there for a Cheerleading National being held at Convention Center. The lights in the pool kept breaking and one fell from ceiling into pool causing the pool to shut down. Once pool re-open kept close eye on us kept saying the athletes could not stunt in the pool, thier cheerleaders for peep sake! Us parents were around the pool monitering all of the chidrens activities and keeping them safe. To the BED BUGS, as I was wrapping up my night that Friday around 12 midnight I ws Spraying everything down with lysol when I noticed on my 1st bed as you enter into the VERY SMALL Room A Bed Bug in the bottom left hand side of matress directly under matress pad! GROSS!!!!! I had my room change that night where I splet sitting up all night. This experience was by far the worse ever no small amount of money is worth the gripe and disgust. ADVICE PAY MORE TO GET AND ENJOY MORE!!!

Room Tip: Pay good money to stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Fullforceallstar
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed here last summer and it was horrible. We had an oceanfront room and the bar was right next to our balcony. The smell of cigarette smoke was awful - a band played some nights and we could not hear each other talk. The hotel and room were both dirty. The bottom of the tub was black. We all felt dirty the entire time we were there. The pool area was ok.
I would never recommend this hotel to anyone and I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here get a room that has been remodeled.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy S
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 October 2013

By and large the experience wasn't that bad; the furniture was a bit outdated and there was a faint musky smell in the halls and our room, but the location was good and the beds were comfortable. The walls were a bit thin, as we could hear the kids above us running all over the place all night, and the person who coughs sounded like they were dying of consumption could be heard through the adjoining door as if they were in the bed next to me. The service the first day was rotten; a young man and middle aged woman with tattoos all over were about as personable as a block of ice. The front desk crew on the second day were much more amiable. Overall, it's good place to stay for a few days, but not more than that.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Dragonfire23
bunker hill,wv,usa
Reviewed 14 October 2013

omg like always we had ablast here we love this hotel.best part of the staff is cool and very friendly.this is the only hotel we stay at unless we have to come on off season then we stay elsewhere wish they were open year around.was planning another trip in december but canceled cause flagship isnt open so we will hit them up in june and then some later in the summer this is a great place to stay for all

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank connie o
Salladasburg, PA
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We needed a one night place to stay in OC before we went camping. I found this hotel on Booking.com. The price was right $59 so given the basically good reviews I found I booked it. I figured we be at the back of the hotel for that price but no. We were mid way on the courtyard, with a balcony and an ocean view. No it wasn't anything special, it's an older hotel, but everything was very nice and clean. We were totally surprised to find we had a small kitchenette. Given the rest of our trip (the camping and the Nor'easter) I should have just booked this place for the rest of the time, LOL! we would have saved on eating out due to weather that's for sure. Anyway you are right on the boardwalk (at the end of it actually :) it was great to be right on the beach. I see no reason not to book a room here again for one or many nights...

Room Tip: If you have a choice obviously you want ones facing the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple