“The worst in 4 years”

Ranked #47 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
bunker hill,wv,usa
“The worst in 4 years”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Wow where is Scott this was my worse time here in 4 years the room service sucked I asked 3 times for room service never got it,they never cleaned my room the whole time I was there over a week.new workers are not friendly, they didn't keep towels at pool had to ask for them.doing work on 2nd floor kept turning power off in rooms,smoking in rooms.not the same friendly place sorry

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank connie o

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This place seemed to have everything to offer however it is very run down. My son went into the pool alittle after we got there and was in there for awhile (however pool was very cloudy I did not go in past my waist) and then went into the hot tub (remind you it looked like a bubble bath, GROSS). Needless to say, my son was sick throwing up the next 2 days. So we ended up checking out early and here I can not get a refund on the last nights. Luckily it was only $60 with taxes and fees. I will go else where when we go back!

Room Tip: Do not stay!!!!

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Whats not to like right, good location etc. Not so, Avoid if at all possible.

We went Easter weekend 2014 first time stay. Not sure where to start. This hotel is old. Lets start with the room. Our room was an oceanfront efficiency. The room is very small. I am not going to lie, it's slanted. The drawers don't shut, the bathroom door didn't shut. Things put on the dresser slide due to the slant.

Other than that the bedspread is so old and dirty looking. The sheets were piled and worn. There are no blankets so I had to use the bedspread as gross as it seems. It was chilly so we needed heat. Sadly it didn't work. The first night it ran all night and was so hot in there. The second night just blowing cold air. They sent a repair man who came in took the front on the dated unit and said this should do it. He left and still cold air so they gave us a space heater. We had to use it, it was chilly at night but it made me nervous leaving it on while we slept.
After the first time we left the room and came back we couldn't get our key card to work. Had to go back to front desk who sent a housekeeper up with us. She couldn't get it to work either. Went back and got more assistance and new keys. Still didn't work unless we swiped the key then used our hip to lean while swiping several times to get it to work.
Now onto the hotel amenities. I didn't go in the pool just the hot tub. Which was luke warm at best and had mold all around the sides.
The hallways and our room smelled like smoke. While being non smoking I have to wonder if others haven't been smoking in there.
The carpets throughout or so old and dirty looking. They had common areas with tv's and people would sit there and eat but leave trash and food.
So glad we only had 2 nights. We made the best of it staying out and away as much as possible from the hotel.
I read lots of reviews before we go and the reviews were mixed for this place so I wanted to make sure I put in a fair warning.
Final word, old, dirty and falling apart.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I only planned on staying for one night however that didn't happened because they had no heat in my room staff was very rude and unprofessional i was told i could not get a refund so i just left it was to cold in the room and very unbearable i will not recomend this Hotel to a dog it was very bad. I feel like it you dont like your job you need to quit. POINT BLANK PERIOD!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I came back to the Flagship Oceanfront for a cheer competition. When I was there previously, I dealt with one of the Managers, Scott. This year I was informed by a lady at the front desk who said "he moved on to bigger and better things" and then she glanced at the person next to her and giggled. I asked if he was still in Oc, you know general conversation and She followed up with "Yeah he is no longer with the company" same giggle. Shame that he is not because I got nothing but sarcastic customer service acting as if since I had been there before I should know everything IE: parking, pool hours things like that. I believe I touched a nerve when I asked about Scott and also believe that set the tone for the rest of my transaction. Meaning I think that I was treated differently for asking then I would have been had I not inquired. I was confused about parking and when it was repeated a second time I felt like a scolded school child. I thought that a company was supposed to be happy I spend my money there not treated poorly. I got to my room which was in the back and called to ask if I could move closer to the Ocean. And I swear to you, I was transferred to a girl who identified herself as the manager and she said if I wanted a room closer to the Ocean I should have booked Oceanfront. I said I understood and that I had been there before and been able to move closer but I wasnt asking for Oceanfront just a little closer to which she promptly said we are full everyone has already checked in. It was an obvious rouge to get me to comply and stop asking. I mean it was 3pm on a Friday and there was hardly anyone there at that point. I watched people walking into rooms all down my hall all night long. I get that I booked a room and got that I got but it is unbelievable the customer service was as bad as it was. I during my whole stay (except for my housekeeper clara) was treated as if I owed them something. There was no Thank you for your business it was more like I should thank them for taking the time to ALLOW me to stay there. We were with Cheerleaders who were constantly being yelled out for walking around in groups. If they cannot or are not equipped to handle groups of teenage girls then I suggest they stop taking reservations CUSTOMER SERVICE ZERO, MANAGEMENT ZERO HOTEL CLEANLINESS (other than room, i mean hallways, indoor pool, common areas) ZERO A lot has changed since I was last there and I will be writing to the corporate office which after hard trying I finally got a phone number (It was like pulling teeth because the manager knew she was wrong) I would not recommend this property any longer they need a great deal of sensitivity training to learn how to deal with customers.. Farewell Flagship you will not get my business again

1 Thank riddlemethis
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The hotel is not as clean and updated as pictures the courtyard was flithy and ragady, staff were grumpy during check-In, The walls are thin and you hear everything, We were there for a Cheerleading National being held at Convention Center. The lights in the pool kept breaking and one fell from ceiling into pool causing the pool to shut down. Once pool re-open kept close eye on us kept saying the athletes could not stunt in the pool, thier cheerleaders for peep sake! Us parents were around the pool monitering all of the chidrens activities and keeping them safe. To the BED BUGS, as I was wrapping up my night that Friday around 12 midnight I ws Spraying everything down with lysol when I noticed on my 1st bed as you enter into the VERY SMALL Room A Bed Bug in the bottom left hand side of matress directly under matress pad! GROSS!!!!! I had my room change that night where I splet sitting up all night. This experience was by far the worse ever no small amount of money is worth the gripe and disgust. ADVICE PAY MORE TO GET AND ENJOY MORE!!!

Room Tip: Pay good money to stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Fullforceallstar
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed here last summer and it was horrible. We had an oceanfront room and the bar was right next to our balcony. The smell of cigarette smoke was awful - a band played some nights and we could not hear each other talk. The hotel and room were both dirty. The bottom of the tub was black. We all felt dirty the entire time we were there. The pool area was ok.
I would never recommend this hotel to anyone and I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here get a room that has been remodeled.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family