“Don't stay here, its a waste.”
Review of Cabana Motel

Cabana Motel
Ranked #95 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Don't stay here, its a waste.”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We got here august 3 and there was no microwave after we called in advance to make sure every room had one. Then as we sat on the bed, it hit the floor. My daughter burned her leg on the toilet. The water is boiling hot in the toilet. The room had garbage under the bed. We called 2 times for a microwave finally i went down to get it myself. Then he came in to fix the bed and he kicked it. He left we sat down and it hit the floor. This motel is the worst i have ever stayed in. If i were homeless, this would be a good idea. But myself and my wife and my kids will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank amanda200039705

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Federalsburg, Maryland
Reviewed 4 August 2013

don't walk too hard you might fall through, cracker jack size rooms, check for mold !!, do not have free coffee as advertised only the use of a coffee maker at the office, must provide your own coffee, cream, and sugar, and a small portion of free ice, after that three dollars a bag.After speaking to other visitors our tiny room wasn't so bad, lol, other rooms included refrig and ac didn't work, and one poor lady said huge hole in wall next to her ac that you could look straight outside to, lol; daughter enjoyed pool staying open until ten and that was clean, our room was fairly clean and it is close to ocean but at 210.00 night we got WAY LESS THAN WE PAID FOR

Room Tip: Be wiser and reserve an accomidation with much more advance notice
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank misty1skyeyes

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This motel was the most disgusting motel we have ever stayed in. In the bathroom was black mold everywhere, even on the bottom of the shower curtain and garbage can. The water in the shower was extremely hard to adjust the temperature. The bathroom was also crawling with ants and bugs and when we told the person at the front desk, he handed us a can of ant spray.
The carpet in the room was all bunched up and never vacuumed. I made a mistake of looking under the bed. I wanted to puke, there was so much debris under there. The air conditioning was leaking so bad there the rug under it was completely saturated.
There is no such thing as maid service. When I asked for clean towels, I was told if I wanted any to take my old ones down to the laundry room first.
The floor on the second floor is so rotted that we thought we were going to fall through it.
The pool was filthy. The pump was not working.
The smoke detector did not work. We told two different people. One person came up and said he would fix it and never came back. This place is extremely unsafe for anyone.
We definitely would never come back to this motel. We would of left the first night but we paid $810.00 for 7 days and no refund. This place needs to be closed down!
One person on the first level came up to us and said she felt it to be extremely unsafe for her family and stayed in the car for the night. The people next to us moved twice cause of mold and air conditioner broke down.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marlene R
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My family stayed at this motel for many summers through my childhood (I'm currently 26) The older couple that owned this motel (and lived there) for many years kept it in nice shape, the cleaning staff made sure everything was in order, and I don't have a bad memory from their ownership. BUT then, we came and found out the motel was "under new management". I was 6 months pregnant and I'm glad my child wasn't born yet because I wouldn't let my DOG stay there. The police were in the parking lot 4 out of 6 nights due to public intoxication, theft, and fighting. The manager did NOTHING and was rude. The rooms were not cleaned daily, the pool was more like a toilet, and lets not even go to the bathroom situation. Thankfully, we didn't spend that much time in the room. The stairs were falling apart and the soda machines were out of service. The original owners of The Cabana would be VERY disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Mandie0419
Ridgely, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 14 June 2013

A sign out front of the building states " best rates in OC", wounder why? I Went to OC in a group of 5 and the only thing we liked about this motel was that it was cheap. We had a room on the second floor. The stairs to our room were falling apart along with the balcony that stretched across the motel. None of us could not get a decent shower due to the water changing from hot to cold off and on not to mention the bathroom looked creepy, some of piping coming out of the walls. Room was small and did have a musty smell. The whole building looks like its falling apart.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Manny446
Easton, Maryland
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I've stayed in my fair share of cheap motels, and this is by far the worst. Being a poor college student, I've come to accept that I won't be staying in many nice hotels like I used to- but this is way over the line. The first thing I noticed was that the balcony and the stairs are completely falling apart. There are holes in the wood, it sags when you step on it, and there are a few boards that have been replaced here and there, which leads me to believe someone fell through it. I refused to walk on it for the whole trip- I used the stairs that were right in front of our room. The hand railing on there was practically falling off, and if you had more than 3 people on the stairs at one time they actually moved. We had one key for the room. I was told when I checked in that we would get another copy and we never did. That key eventually got harder and harder to take out of the lock, and on the last night it took me five minutes to even get it in the lock. The room itself was just dirty, especially the bathroom. I didn't want to set anything down in there or walk on the floor. The sink almost fell off when I leaned on it. The shower constantly changed from blistering hot to ice cold no matter what you had the temperature set on. And there were just so many other little things that I chose to overlook because I was trying not to be picky. Worst place I have ever stayed in my life. I read the reviews and I didn't believe them because I know how critical people can be. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rhianna008
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 March 2013

A group of us went to OC for a long weekend and stayed at this Motel for one night (thurs) The room was disgusting!!! The smell of weed was coming through the walls and there was nothing but a bunch of drunks coming in and out of the rooms and throughout the parking lot. I have nothing against a good party especially when you are on vacation...but when you cant walk to your room even with your husband without being hit on and told explicit things about yourself there is a problem. The Manager was extremely rude and didn't care about much! Even though the price will look good to you, trust me there are a LOT of other motels in OC that cost less, or the same that are well worth staying at. I would especially never recommend a family to stay in this place...awful, awful, awful!!!!

Room Tip: Don't choose any room in this motel!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends