“Very Small but Nothing too bad”
Review of Cabana Motel

Cabana Motel
Ranked #94 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Joppa, MD
“Very Small but Nothing too bad”
Reviewed 7 July 2009

This was the cheapest motel I could find for one night. The room was clean but extremely small. The window was really small and didn't open. I saw a few ants in the bathroom. It is definitely an old motel with few upgrades but it we didn't stay long in it served its purpose and we all got a good nights sleep. The pool was small but clean and the kids enjoyed it. But what can you expect for 75$ a night? The people above us were extremely noisy as well.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank poca1313

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pen Argyl
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Stayed here for 4 days last july. It was very hard getting extra towels, there was mold on the ceiling and in the bathroom. The entire room smelled like something had died. The cherry on the top was when i thought the maid was stealing money from me. I would leave spare change on the dresser and on the bed, when we came back form our day it would be gone. I wouldent suggest anyone staying here, you get what you pay for. Also, I got a really bad case of athletes foot from their beautiful bathroom floor, make sure you wear flip flops, bring your own blankets, and maybe a safe to put you’re belongings in.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BannaBoat87

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

WV
Reviewed 9 January 2009

This hotel was terrible. For starters the room was riddled with ants. It was highly disgusting. Throughtout the week the security comes door to door.. EVERY NIGHT to knock on your door and check to make sure you don't have anyone over because your allowed no guest. And you have to watch him sit in the parking lot and yell at girls all night. Then at check out which i believe was 11. I go to the front to get my security deposit, and they don't have any money because they just opened, the guy asked me to come back later. I live 4 hours away might I add. So after numerous phone attempts to get my money back with the the response of "we sent it out today" a few times.. i gave up.
This hotel is horrible if your going to enjoy OC do not.. i repeat do NOT stay here. Ants. Musky Smells. Mold. BOO! thumbs down.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the hotel its self and everything associated
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank WvJjjjjjj
Maryland
Reviewed 30 May 2008

I'll admit it wasn't what I expected...but for me it was perfect! Me and my guests stayed in a standard room and some other people that were with us stayed in the larger room. The standard room was fine, small, but sufficient (stay in the deluxe room if you have a lot of people). The bathroom was a good size and the shower was plenty large enough (The bathroom in the deluxe room was the same size but had a tub/shower). It has great parking and great proximity to the beach and boardwalk. The balcony/walk way is a little concerning because its weak in some places, but it wasn't a problem. I stayed on the second floor in a room second from the end. I wanted to stay this year but they were booked for the dates I need :). I liked it, and it was the best vacation I ever had (and yes I've stayed in nicer hotels). Perfect for people who want to spend most of the day out and about and have a clean convenient place to sleep and shower...or just watch TV. Oh and big plus...Dunkin' Donuts is right next door...and CVS is across the street! Such a great location we never had to use the bus (I do like the bus though, its great for getting around). All in all, I got my money's worth and then some.

• Liked — The location and price.
  • Disliked — Nothing really, but if I had to say something it would be the fact there was no one in the office at night.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank lullabykisses13
baltimore maryland
Reviewed 30 August 2007

me and my wife stayed at the cabana motel for a week our stay was very good the price was even beter and the service i could not say one bad thing about it i would tell all my friends to stay at the cabana because the price is great and teh rooms are clean and its a family motel that does not rent to too many kids i saw all families there and i liked that alot.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank aj4519
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed 16 July 2007

This motel was absolutely horrible! We found this "motel" on line and the website made it look like the Hilton. Fortunately we only stayed for two nights in this dump! The first room they gave us there were missing ceiling tiles, the ones that were there had wet spots on them from water dripping down from the second floor! The bathroom was covered in mold! I have seen college dorm bathrooms cleaner than this one!

We complained to the manager on duty who did not want to give us a new room at first, but after some complaining he finally decided to move us to a new room. He showed me into another room where we found the same thing mold all over the place! After looking into 2 different rooms we finally found a clean room to stay in.

The next night we found out that they had filled both mold ridden rooms that we turned down! This place was a complete dump the only good thing about this place was the location!

DO NOT UNDER ANY CONDITIONS EVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!

• Liked — The location (19th street on the boardwalk)
  • Disliked — everything else!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple