“Never again.”

Ranked #26 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Fairmont, West Virginia, United States
“Never again.”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Well I can start out by saying..no bathtub..ugghhh. For me that was the worst part, but there was also no phone...there was a phonebook though....and you could hear everything through the walls, obviously no insulation..Impossible to sleep.
I would not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Vicki C
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Vicki,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to post a review. Although, we were not what you were expecting , I appreciate your honesty and your high marks for our service, cleanliness, value and location.

I'm sorry that you did not receive a great nights rest and I would like the opportunity to make it up to you. Please call me at 410-289-6282 to discuss this at your leisure.

Again, thanks for your review...I hope to hear from you soon,

Debby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
College Park, Maryland
Reviewed 30 March 2012

the madison beach hotel offered a great way for me to maximize my vacation. Their location to the boardwalk was ideal and their staff was readily avaliable. The madison has clearly been renevated and it has showed off. Their pool was nice for a day when I didnt want to go to the beach and they even had a place to park my extra car! Great visit. great weekend. enough said.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank pbuas
Saylorsburg
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Stayed here for Wine Fest. Perfect location near boardwalk. Deborah and "Uncle" Joe are wonderful people and made us feel at home. The rooms are small but VERY clean. The bathroom only has a shower, but again, it's well maintained.
I would recommend this Motel for anyone who wants a clean comfortable room near the boardwalk.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank lace2020
PA
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We enjoyed our stay for the most part. The only bad part is that it rained all day off and on our first night, and the room had tile so it was really slick when it got wet. We also had small kids and it would have been better if there was a bathtub and not just a shower. For the price this is a great place to stay and it is close to the beach. We plan to go back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole W
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I booked this motel online, and was really worried because it had mixed reviews. It was not bad at all! It is a motel, which I've never stayed in, so it is smaller than I'm used to. We stayed in room 212 and it only has a shower, so if you have smaller kids it may not be for you. For us, it was exactly what we needed. Very clean, quiet and a nice flat screen TV to watch while getting ready :) The location is perfect! It's perfectly located one block from the beach, and after you check out from the hotel they allow you to stay parked in their lot until 3pm that day! I must say I was pleased with this hotel. I wanted to stay the next night, but the prices climbed up by over $100 for the weekend. Couldn't afford that, so we didn't stay.

Room Tip: Will book here again!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChrsnAsh
Newville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We liked our single room very much. It was perfect for the two of us. The people that stayed around us were nice. Not to mention it was less than a five minute to walk to the beach. For the price it was great. The folks that run the Madison were very friendly and helpful, especially Nakita the very nice woman who worked the front desk during our stay the first week of August. The freindly cleaning crew kept the room clean and fresh linens daily. Thanks to the entire staff of the Madison for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mstimeling
Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We usually stay at higher priced hotels but due to financial meltdowns with the economy we decided to find one of the cheapest places we could. I was afraid of what we'd find here because Of some of the reviews but I have to say we were quite pleased.
When we arrived we were greeted by very friendly staff at the front desk. They made us feel very welcome. Yes, the rooms are very small but they were completely redone and very clean. The location was the best asset of this place. I took my teenage daughter and her friend and all they had to do was cross one street and were right on the boardwalk very close to the rides and games. Very safe and the other guests were so friendly. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011