“Nice weekend getaway”

Madison Beach Motel
Ranked #29 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I decided to take a last minute trip for Labor Day weekend and booked the Madison Beach Motel. We were both very pleased with our stay. Check in was easy and the man who was working in the office was very nice and accommodating. The room could use some updating, however, was very clean. The beds were kind of hard, but bearable. The room had a refrigerator and microwave. The location was awesome! It was very convenient to find when driving into OCMD and very close walk to the board walk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AngieRiley
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Hello Angie,
I appreciate you writing a review of the Madison. It's wonderful when someone takes the time to let us know how we are doing and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are working on a few surprises in updating the property and I hope that you will come back to see us next year.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Our trip was great! We didn't even make it to our room and Joe greeted us with a big smile and friendly words! Made me feel welcome and comfortable! He kept an eye out for my children and made them laugh. They couldn't wait to get back to the room to show him thier new toys! You deserve a raise Joe for your friendly hospitality. If I had a question you took care of it asap thank you! Also to Toshia for the discount without me asking. I took notice you were looking out for my family as well. Thank you for a memory we'll never forget!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank B-girl M

Hi Bgirl,
I had to smile while reading your review. I could just see Joe entertaining your children. He is an awesome ambassador for the Madison Beach and we really treasure him. Toshia is my Front Desk Manager and she exudes hospitality. We are very fortunate to have them as well as the rest of the staff. I'm thrilled you have such fond memories of your vacation...it is what we work for. I hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Iv had two really good experiences here. The staff is awesome expecially Bill the night manager he was really helpful nice an hospitable both stays! I highly recommend this place. The location is also really nice only a block away from the boardwalk an they have a pool.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank wfire3

Hi Wfire,
I appreciate your review and am so happy that you are a repeat guest. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff, they truly care about the guest experience. I hope you will continue to make us your accommodations of choice when in Ocean City. Please let me know if I might ever be of service.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Yes! Our kids 5 and 2 loved it! It was September (6-8 th) and not as crowded. I felt safe with them and heard not much noise from the street and we were on the end. We had the pool to ourselves and i liked that I could feed the kids oatmeal on the shared porch/ balcony. Loved that it had a fridge and microwave! I feel we over paid at $139 a night for the quality of the motel. It was the oldest I've even stayed it! The bathrooms were small and outdated. No bathtub and I could not shower with my 2 yr old Bc it was so small! Would have been a better choice for a girls weekend Bc of the pool, sun porch and location! It was clean at first glance but I don't let the kids play on the carpet. We'd be back with our own blankets and pillows. Oh.. The bath towels were rough and need replaced! So bring an extra bath towel too! More hooks are needed too! If I could have got my two nights stay for $100 LESS this place would be awesome!! Or come on the weekdays for $65! That may be our plan for next year.I like the staff! Everyone was pleasant! Bill was friendly and eager to Please. He hooked me up with more pillows. We got an hour later check out and stayed after check out and used the pool and changing room!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank VLfamily

Hi VL,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Madison Beach Motel. I'm pleased to hear that you and your children had a good time. While it's true the Madison is an older motel, we are constantly striving to keep the rooms clean and updated. We are currently looking into electronic locks and heavier linens. A few other surprises are in store for our repeat and new guests as well! It's great you were able to secure a late checkout and utilize the pool and changing room before leaving. I also want to thank you for commenting on my staff...I think they are excellent too. I hope to meet you on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This Hotel was clean, had a refrigerator and microwave. It is an old hotel but works well for people who are spending most of their days at the beach. It has cable t.v. and the A/C always works well!! We spend most of our time at the beach so it served its purpose great! It is located right near the entrance of the beach, right beside a pay parking lot, and near the 7-11. To my family, it has a great location. If you do not want to hit the beach it has a pool and sun decks. You can read on the sun deck while watching the traffic go by! Every time we have been at this hotel during the week Tuesdays have had Fireworks! You can see them from the sun deck. A great location! In all we were very satisfied with the hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer the bottom floor but the top works just as well!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank nikibunny1
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Hi Niki,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I'm so pleased that you are a repeat guest, we truly appreciate your business! It's so nice of you to point out the finer points of the Madison, such as our cleanliness and fantastic location. The fireworks are definitely an added bonus. Looking forward to having you as our guest again in the very near future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was our first time staying here, we enjoyed the convenience of staying downtown OC. All the staff was very friendly and helpful especially Selina and Toshia they were great. The rooms are a little on the small size, but very clean and nice. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joni W
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Hello Joni,
Thank you for your kind comments about Toshia and Selina, they are both wonderful assets to the Madison staff. It was so nice of you to point out our convenient location and room cleanliness, we strive very hard to provide each and every guest a pleasant stay. Thanks for choosing us for the first time, I hope you will return again and again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am not a big fan of Motels. They usually come across as dirty and seedy. The Madison Motel was the complete opposite. The motel was clean, quiet and surprisingly very family friendly. The staff was very accommodating, especially an employee named BIll. We booked a room last min. on the friday of labor day weekend and Bill was able to accommodate my group of six with no problem. He also recommended some great places to eat. We were all very happy with our stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank t p

Hello,

It's so great you decided to give us a chance and found how hospitable motels can be. I'm happy that your large group was accommodated and that Bill was able to make some recommendations that you enjoyed. I hope that you will make us your accommodations of choice when in Ocean City, Maryland again.