“to the scabies review”

The Beachmark Motel
Ranked #68 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 5 June 2011

To the person who stayed there and said they got scabies---Scabies don`t show up for about 2 weeks---It is a personal hygiene issue---It only comes from close contact with someone who has them----You already had them before you stayed there---We love the place---It`s clean and the staff is very accomodating. We go there 3 or 4 times a summer---We highly recommend it---The pool is awesome !!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachbum41181

Reviewed 12 October 2010

The beachmark is a great place to stay for a family on a budget. :) We would recommend it to anyone with small children or even teenages! Not to mention the gererals kitchen is right below for a very affordable breakfast. It's located right on the Costal highway within walking distance to buses, restaurants and the beach. The hotel is Ocean City which is very nice with children. Not having to cross the nusy street.

As long as you understand the is truly a no frills place but just a nice efficency with a great pool; you will come back again. The have great rates as well!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank Hand1271
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I had reservations to stay at this hotel and wanted to change my stay dates due to a death in the family. They had nothing available for the dates I was able to make it so unfortunately I had to cancel my reservation. Instead of just charging me the $20 cancellation fee, they refused to refund my deposit even though the circumstances were beyond my control. I understand that the hotel has a 7 day cancellation policy but in this case I would have hoped that the staff would have been more accomodating and understanding. I go to OC MD every summer and will not be staying at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2010

LOCATION: About 100 steps from the beach. Perfect if you are planning on spending all of your time at the beach. Cannot walk to boardwalk.
SLEEPING: 2 Double beds and a sleeper sofa. Slept my family of 6 nicely. Beds were comfortable enough, did not come with enough pillows or sheets for the sofa bed. I discovered this around 11pm, and luckily caught the office worker before they left for the night. I am not sure what we would have done if we came in any later. Not sure if someone stays on site if we were to lose our room key.
BATHROOM: Outdated, but sufficient. Had a hairdryer, but no clothesline to hang wet bathing suits from.
KITCHENETTE: Came with 4 cup coffee maker (no coffee that I saw), Microwave and two burner stove. Microwave was small, but heated leftovers fine. Full sized refrigerator, which was nice.
BALCONY: All of the rooms faced the pool, Big Peckers restaurant, and noisy street. This is the only reason I would not stay here again, and the reason I would not recommend the motel to a friend.
ACCESS TO ROOM: Crazy steep steps with random cigarette butts. It was hard to figure out how to get to my room!
POOL: Nice size for my 4 kids. 2.5 feet to 5 feet, so no diving.
CLEANLINESS: I am not a neat freak, so I was okay. BUT, I did see a dead mouse in the parking lot, as well as dirty drawers in the room. I was also surprised to see the house keeping staff smoking in the hallways. They did shut the pool down for a couple of hours when a child had an accident in the pool. I saw them testing the water, but didn't stick around to see how they treated it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank CorinnaHRN
Reviewed 12 August 2010

adequate quality room given closeness to the beach. sleeps six but no privacy if non family members are staying with you. large fridge small microwave and two stove top burners with some pots and pans coffee cups and glasses plates and utensils dish cloth and dish towels also a coffee maker. outside shower and foot sprayer. no elevators first set of steps are narrow and steep second set not as bad balcony to entrance of room is narrow back balcony is separated from other room some rooms are adjoining. pool is 2.5 to 5 foot in depth. one bathroom. bring your own beach towels. just steps from the beach. a few places to shop and eat across the street. located on 73rd street. would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank seniormabrown
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We rented a room for a quick weekend get away, it was very enjoyable! The staff was very nice, there was an over abundance of towels (which was nice) and for a weekend trip it was perfect. Not too expensive, close to excellent restaurants...would stay here again in a heart beat.....there is no elevator, but the steps were really not bad at all, we stayed on the 3rd floor and we did not mind it at all.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank doe_eyes18229
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Last year, we had 8 rooms of family at the Beachmark and everyone so enjoyed themselves that my husband and I decided to stay there again even though we were going alone. We again found the Beachmark to be clean and comfortable and love the location. The General's Kitchen serves some of the best breakfasts around at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple