“A clean, budget-friendly motel”

The Beachmark Motel
Ranked #65 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“A clean, budget-friendly motel”
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

We spent three nights here last week. The rate is very reasonable and they even honored a lower online rate that I found after I already registered! The room is clean and housekeeping is very friendly and accommodating. Only a 1/2 block from the beach which is never crowded. Nice pool which is larger than that of some of the oceanfront hotels.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank shadylady501

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My family and I just recently stayed there was our first time and was a great experience I couldn't possibly complain about anything room was very affordable and big enough to accommodate my family maid service was excellent front office was very helpful excellent customer service we will without a doubt be staying and recommending the beach mark !

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Toriesmom
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This was our families second time staying at the Beachmark Motel. The staff was excellent and friendly. We loved being so close to the beach and the outdoor pool. It was very convenient to have a full-size refrigerator in our room, kitchen sink, small stove, microwave and coffee maker. Ideal for the family who plans to save money by eating breakfast or lunch in their room, instead of spending a small fortune at restaurants.

During our second stay there were a few mishaps. When we checked in, the staff accidentally gave us the wrong room. Lots of confusion and frustration, not to mention climbing steep steps up to the third floor and then having to move all of our luggage back down to another floor. On the bright side, they deducted $50 off our total price, which was a nice surprise.

Also, we were sandwiched between two families with lots of kids who were very noisy at all hours. One evening, the kids were goofing off in the pool during late hours when the pool wasn't open. The staff handled it promptly.

My husband's a smoker so it was very convenient that he could walk out onto the balcony to smoke. Having a balcony was nice for my kids who enjoyed sitting out there and having a nice view of the pool.

The location of the Beachmark Motel was great in my opinion. It was close to a wide variety of tourist attractions, such as fabulous restaurants, putt putt golf, and gift shops. We opted to not lodge near the boardwalk because we suspected it was noisy, crowded, and more expensive.

We would definitely stay at the Beachmark Motel a third time. It was overall a positive experience and we highly recommend it for families looking for a great place to stay near the beach without paying big bucks.

Room Tip: If you have trouble climbing stairs, consider staying on the first floor. One bonus is that Beachmar...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Dana A
Temple Hills, Maryland
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I've stayed at the beachmark Motel three years in a row, and me my nephew his kids and my daughter her husband and my grandson, loves the pool and the service there. it is a good place to stay especially for the children we cook and don't have to go to the expensive resturants everyday. My nieces and nephew loves the Beachmark. I use to stay at the Days in with no kitchen and a crowed pool. For the price Beachmark is the best.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Wendy P
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Front desk-Very friendly and helpful
Location-Good! One building from the beach
Room-Very bad musty odor of an old basement. Everything is very outdated. Beds, pillows and linen were questionable. Bathroom was not clean with lots of tiny black hair. Faucet leaked all night. Small bathroom but the room itself is very spacious.

Room Tip: If you have small children, I would be very reluctant to stay here.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank robinbatman

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We stayed here a few years back and I have no complaints. I loved that there was a full kitchen in the room and a private balcony. The pool was wonderful and big enough that you weren't bumping into anyone. The staff was wonderful and the rooms were clean. Great deal for your money.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tanya444
East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

I haves stayed here a number of times since childhood vacations. Now I stay with my kids. The rooms are large with a nice kitchenette. The maid service visits daily to change sheets, vacuum and replace towels. The balcony overlooks the pool. A very nice and big pool! I have never been in the pool with it being over crowded!
It is ocean block so no ocean views but the walk is short and you do not have to worry about getting the kids across the 831 lanes of traffic!
The only disappointing thing is that the location is far from the boardwalk. We enjoy the boardwalk in the evening and even though bus fare is not much it is hectic with three kids. A lot of times on the way back the buses are full and you either wait and wait for one that is so full you barely all fit on or walk and walk and walk! 73RD street doesn't sound far until you are coming from the end of the boardwalk! There is also the option ti drive, but traffic and parking is Terrible!!
Still staying there is great and the advantages out weigh the disadvantages!!

• Stayed June 2012