“Great experience...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Beachmark Motel
Ranked #67 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The Beachmark Motel was recommended to me by a work colleague as a clean, budget friendly place to stay in Ocean City. I must pass along the recommendation. A friend and I stayed for four nights during the recent heat wave (7-15 thru 7-19). Our room was clean. Very clean. There was plenty of room and we did not feel cramped in any way. The A/C worked well and was cold. We would draw the drapes when away to help keep the room cool as it was so hot outside. I always travel with a small electric fan for the "white noise" to help me sleep and it also served to keep the cold air circulating. The full size fridge worked well and kept our beverages, etc. nice and cold. There is also a small microwave and two burner stove. The shower was awesome and refreshing with plenty of water pressure. Definitely no "water saver" shower head. I hope they never upgrade to one. The pool is large and clean with plenty of lounges and a few umbrella tables with chairs. We never felt crowded and it seems to be a great pool for small children as there is a huge shallow end and the maximum depth is 5 feet. There is no lifeguard on duty. The staff was very friendly and check-in was a breeze. We also had no trouble with finding a parking spot. We stayed in room 322 ocean view. The view was okay but the balcony was still nice to sit on, relax with the paper and people watch. There is a great place called the Seaside Deli across the street with excellent made to order sandwiches, beverages, ice and all kinds of snacks, toiletries, etc. The place is family owned and they are a hoot. The only drawbacks that I could mention is next time I will bring my own pillows. Theirs were rather thin for my liking. Also, the bus stop is right in front. There is a fire station across the street so you are going to hear the occasional siren. Lastly, WiFi is available with a username and password provided at the front desk. I hope this review was helpful to you in making your lodging decision.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank greggles67
There are newer reviews for The Beachmark Motel

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

This hotels reviews are all accurate. We came into a room with air on for us which felt great after unloading the car in 90 degrees. The room is a great size. The sheets on the bed were very fresh. The color flatscreen t.v. has cable t.v. And the room has wifi with a password. The pool here is amazing. It is huge and clean. The room has a full size fridge where most hotels have tiny ones. The only problem I had was the bathroom sink and mirrors and coffee table were not cleaned but I guess the housekeeper wanted to get out and go swim in this hot weather. Haha. I am def. Coming back here amd requesting the same room on the first floor....

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Michelle Z
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This is the third time staying at the Beachmark and the second time this year. We love it! The rooms are always very clean and it's so conveniently close to the beach. We also love the option of utilizing the pool which is one of the larger ones (or so we have heard). The staff are always friendly and helpful and we look forward to a return visit soon.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the first floor to enable us a quick trip to the pool and a seamless luggage transfer!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

We spent three nights here last week. The rate is very reasonable and they even honored a lower online rate that I found after I already registered! The room is clean and housekeeping is very friendly and accommodating. Only a 1/2 block from the beach which is never crowded. Nice pool which is larger than that of some of the oceanfront hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank shadylady501
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My family and I just recently stayed there was our first time and was a great experience I couldn't possibly complain about anything room was very affordable and big enough to accommodate my family maid service was excellent front office was very helpful excellent customer service we will without a doubt be staying and recommending the beach mark !

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Toriesmom
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This was our families second time staying at the Beachmark Motel. The staff was excellent and friendly. We loved being so close to the beach and the outdoor pool. It was very convenient to have a full-size refrigerator in our room, kitchen sink, small stove, microwave and coffee maker. Ideal for the family who plans to save money by eating breakfast or lunch in their room, instead of spending a small fortune at restaurants.

During our second stay there were a few mishaps. When we checked in, the staff accidentally gave us the wrong room. Lots of confusion and frustration, not to mention climbing steep steps up to the third floor and then having to move all of our luggage back down to another floor. On the bright side, they deducted $50 off our total price, which was a nice surprise.

Also, we were sandwiched between two families with lots of kids who were very noisy at all hours. One evening, the kids were goofing off in the pool during late hours when the pool wasn't open. The staff handled it promptly.

My husband's a smoker so it was very convenient that he could walk out onto the balcony to smoke. Having a balcony was nice for my kids who enjoyed sitting out there and having a nice view of the pool.

The location of the Beachmark Motel was great in my opinion. It was close to a wide variety of tourist attractions, such as fabulous restaurants, putt putt golf, and gift shops. We opted to not lodge near the boardwalk because we suspected it was noisy, crowded, and more expensive.

We would definitely stay at the Beachmark Motel a third time. It was overall a positive experience and we highly recommend it for families looking for a great place to stay near the beach without paying big bucks.

Room Tip: If you have trouble climbing stairs, consider staying on the first floor. One bonus is that Beachmar...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dana A
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I've stayed at the beachmark Motel three years in a row, and me my nephew his kids and my daughter her husband and my grandson, loves the pool and the service there. it is a good place to stay especially for the children we cook and don't have to go to the expensive resturants everyday. My nieces and nephew loves the Beachmark. I use to stay at the Days in with no kitchen and a crowed pool. For the price Beachmark is the best.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family