“Love it”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Beachmark Motel
Ranked #66 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Love it”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I`ve stayed here for years and love it. Big room--huge pool--our housekeeper Regina was great---close to the beach---saw the new remodeled first floor room and am looking forward to the 3rd floor getting that done .We have been here forever and won`t stay anywhere else!!

4 Thank beachbum41181

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have stayed at the beachmark hotel for 3 years straight. The price is good and up until this past stay i have been pleased. The problem this time was i had booked the room for 3 nights, check in was at 2 & i arrived around 1 they would not let me check in early which they have done previous stays. I also asked before i evwr arrived would i be able to view the pool from my room they said yes but that was not the case at all. Next disappointment my room had flys, waterbugs, and some other kind of black bugs so i spent a long time swatting flys before i could go to sleep. The 1st floor was supposed to be renovated yea they renovated alright. They put in new cabinets and changed the bedspreads thats it. The toilet leaned so when u sat on it u were sitting at a slant the water in the tub went down slow and the sink had low water pressure. I was very disappointed and i doubt that i will revisit this place i will spend a little more money and enjoy my stay. Shame on the management..

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank puppy1981

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Monmouth County, NJ
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I’m trying to be fair with this review. It is an older shore hotel in all senses. The older man checking us in was neither pleasant nor mean – just checked us in. The man checking us out was much friendlier. Pros – large rooms; close to the beach; very nicely maintained and large pool/pool area, little kitchenette, the service staff was very helpful. Cons – we found 2 dirty washcloths hanging over our shower rod when we first went in and a used toothbrush on top of the refrigerator (that stayed there all week because I wouldn’t touch it). We heard 1st floor has updated kitchen. We were on the 2nd floor and the outside of the fridge was either dirty or stained. Faucet was not even completely attached to the sink. Didn’t even think of using any of the glasses or foodware. Carpeting and bed covers have seen their day, as well as the bathroom. I had to just put things out of my mind while in the room – like I said it was an older shore hotel. There are no elevators, so be prepared to walk up cement stairs if you’re not on the 1st floor. The price was competitive because it was so near the beach. Probably for a more updated hotel, it would be $100 more a night. So it depends on what you are looking for. I'm guessing to ask for the 1st floor or a guaranteed updated room.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank IrishChief
Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We planned a 4 day trip, we knew we were on the 3rd floor & we knew we had stairs instead of an elevator. 1st NO CHANGING ROOM, utterly ridiculous. 2nd previous occupant of the room must have vomitted on the floor between the beds-it had been cleaned but not the best, could still smell it. 3rd No Alarm clock/clock in the room. 4th No vent/fan in the bathroom. 5th couldn't connect to wifi 6th Tv would just freeze up. On the good side, sheets were clean, bathroom was old but clean.

Won't stay there again, no matter what.

1 Thank dawnie3491
Joppa, MD
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We decided to book this hotel on a last minute weekend trip to OC and picked this one because of the extra sofabed since we were a group of 5. Compared to other hotels in OC that have an extra sofabed AND private balcony, the price is actually cheaper than some without both! This motel is pretty much identical to other properties owned by the same group, except for the added features and the pool is huge compared to the others. For people on a budget that don't have hundreds to spend per night, it served its purpose very well and we had a great time. Room was clean enough, hot shower with great water pressure, full size fridge, a little outdated but we did not stay in the room much to sit and look at the furniture. We loved the private balcony, we ate meals and left our wet stuff without having to worry about people walking by and even left the door open on cool mornings. On the third floor we even got a good view of the Bay, which looked to me better than the ocean view in the "Ocean View" rooms. We didn't go to the restaurant on site but as the previous poster said, get there early because there was a line out the door every morning. The cons were: we did get back late one night and there was no parking. After knocking on the office door (at midnight) someone did answer and directed us a another lot off to the side which was right across the street. If I had my choice, I like to stay closer to the boardwalk and downtown so this was a little drive to get there but the added features were a good trade off. The only really annoying thing was as soon as we got there and throughout the whole stay, there was this awful stench as we walked up the stairs and entered our room. We weren't sure if it was coming from the dumpster near the building, or there was rotting trash in the hallway cans or it was our A.C or what, but it was almost unbearable trying to climb the stairs to our room. But besides that, I would definitely stay here again, especially if we are in need of three beds I will check here first.

Room Tip: The first floor is renovated but the balconies are not "private" because you can walk righ...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank poca1313
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at this motel because of the location and the price; however, we both wish that we would have spent a little more for a good nights sleep!! First, there were loud children running around the complex making all kinds of noise until late at night. No staff enforced quiet hours. The worst part is that my husband and I were awakened at 11pm at night from the manager who insisted on searching our room because she said she smelled marijuana coming from our AC unit. After she searched around and found NOTHING, she continued to accuse us, besides the fact that I was in bed and obviously PREGNANT! Needless to say, she was trying to kick us out of the hotel for doing nothing!! We received no apology. The staff was plain RUDE! Stay away from this place!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann Marie T
Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had reservations for Thur Aug 1 - Sun Aug 4. When we arrived, a person with same name as my wife had called about and changed her reservation and they didn't verify things and canceled our reservation! But, they bent over backwards for us, took great care of us and we had a great time. I WILL stay here again (I'll just call and verify my reservation a few days before!!)