“Nice place priced reasonably”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Beachmark Motel
Ranked #68 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Based on a good recommendation from a friend who stayed here during the Summer, we decided to try Beachmark for Sunfest weekend in September. Our room was clean and we found the housekeepers and other staff to be very accomodating. It is an old motel so the furnishings were not very upscale but satisfactory and it is a fantastic location for beach access(a half of block). It appears to have a very large nice pool(although we did not use it) and there is a small restaurant connected(Generals kitchen) which has a terrific breakfast. Sunfest is the last weekend that it is open til next season but we want to come back next summer.

Room Tip: We had a room with a side ocean view but if you plan to use the pool a lot or have kids that will be...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jono714

Reviewed 13 September 2013

When we called to make reservations, we were told there was a pack n play we could use for our baby to sleep. Got there to find out they did not have one. They did not apologize and said we could just go rent a crib for a week. We could not believe it.

There was mold on the shower curtain.

On the positive note, maid was nice and the pool is nice.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Jdub0602
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed there for a week and have no complaints at all. Clean, well kept and friendly. Will visit again and recomend to others. The diner has great food but expect a wait as it is always busy. Also a great pool. wonderful to sit and relax and meet others. The gate to the pool was a little noisey but thats it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Debra G
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This past weekend was our second Ocean City Vacation at the Beachmark Motel. The women in the office at check in were pleasant and helpful, they were even eager to suggest a good pizza place to order in from on our first evening since we had arrived a few hours past traditional dinner time.

Our room was on the 3rd floor (the walk up the stairs wasn't that big of a deal) and it was very clean, we always check the sheets etc... before unpacking. The refrigerator smelled a little like the previous guests had stored some seafood in it, but we cut some lemons that were intended for our cocktails and after having a few of those cocktails we were able to ignore the odor. The maid Regina was reliable and friendly. Garbage was emptied every day and we were stocked with plenty of fresh towels and paper products daily. The pool was very nice and the beach area near the motel wasn't too crowded. Air Conditioner worked great. The pull out couch bed is more comfortable than the other beds in the room and if you drink coffee, bring your own because the motel doesn't supply it even though there is a coffee maker in the kitchenette.

We traveled with a large group of friends and other families with children, needless to say we were pretty loud but there weren't any complaints from Beachmark staff. Keep in mind, Ocean City police do strictly enforce their city noise curfew and open container laws. The man working the office at check out was not friendly, he tried to charge me a $5 lost key fee even though my husband was still packing the car and had given his key to the maid; eventually the guy got over it and decided I was telling the truth about our other key.

Overall the Beachmark is an affordable, clean and a safe place to stay with young children. I got the impression the place may be under different management than it was during our first stay in July of 2012. I wasn't as pleased as the 2012 stay, but we still enjoyed ourselves and would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank princesskdimpz
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights the last week of August. First, I'll start with the positives. The pool is very nice and big. It's surprising that a budget motel has a pool that large (the largest in Ocean City they say). It's also really nice to be so close to the beach. You don't need to cross any roads. We were also able to walk to a bunch of restaurants and we even walked to Seacrets (25 min walk). The motel is not walking distance to the boardwalk so you'll need to take the bus or drive there. Bus only costs $1 to ride. One huge positive is that the beach wasn't crowded in this area. It seems to get more crowded the closer to the boardwalk you are. It's also nice to have a full size fridge, microwave and kitchenette. There's a small stove if you want to cook something.

Now here are the negatives. I have stayed here 2 other times before, and this last time we stayed wasn't as clean as I remembered from previous trips. Some of the walls were dirty with black marks (hopefully not mold) and the shower curtain was also dirty, more dirt marks. The mattresses aren't amazing but if you're young it shouldn't bother you. Some of the staff were not very friendly. One gave me attitude when we accidentally locked ourselves out of our room. We had just come from staying at its sister motel, the Executive, where the staff was very welcoming and friendly, so it was a big contrast.

Although I liked staying on the third floor because we had a private balcony, I didn't enjoy climbing up the death stairs. There are two stairwells going from the first floor to the second floor that are extremely steep and dangerous in my opinion. The shower towels remind me of pool towels (thin and small) so I would recommend bringing your own.

Overall, I'm not as impressed with this motel when compared to its sister motel the Executive. I think I would only stay here again if I'm still on a budget next year or if it's just for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: Second and third floors have private balconies, but be prepared to climb the steep stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Larissa P
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I`ve stayed here for years and love it. Big room--huge pool--our housekeeper Regina was great---close to the beach---saw the new remodeled first floor room and am looking forward to the 3rd floor getting that done .We have been here forever and won`t stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank beachbum41181
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have stayed at the beachmark hotel for 3 years straight. The price is good and up until this past stay i have been pleased. The problem this time was i had booked the room for 3 nights, check in was at 2 & i arrived around 1 they would not let me check in early which they have done previous stays. I also asked before i evwr arrived would i be able to view the pool from my room they said yes but that was not the case at all. Next disappointment my room had flys, waterbugs, and some other kind of black bugs so i spent a long time swatting flys before i could go to sleep. The 1st floor was supposed to be renovated yea they renovated alright. They put in new cabinets and changed the bedspreads thats it. The toilet leaned so when u sat on it u were sitting at a slant the water in the tub went down slow and the sink had low water pressure. I was very disappointed and i doubt that i will revisit this place i will spend a little more money and enjoy my stay. Shame on the management..

• Stayed: August 2013