“Horrible”
Review of Surf Villa Hotel

Surf Villa Hotel
Ranked #94 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 18 July 2011

First and last time ever spending time at the Surf Villa, arrived and found out I had to park 2 blocks away and pay for the parking when I was insured each room had a parking spot when I reserved the room. Got passed that and went to the room only to notice the toilet was backed up, very disgusting and would not flush. Got that taken cared of and noticed that the bathroom had all sorts of bugs crawling around and the shower was filthy. Want to go back to Ocean City but will never rent a room here again and would never recommend it. Very noisey, dirty and had no hot water.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank surfer080

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Staying here now and place is great! Feels like I am in an old turn of the century hotel.

Room is small but big enough for two. It's like staying at someones house and using the guest room.

Read other reviews and don't get it. This place is clean, worn and has tons of charm. This is what coming to OC is all about.

For those looking for Hilton type rooms, go there! If you like the concept of staying in someones house, then this is your place.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank rschiera
Reviewed 2 July 2011

It is cheap but, just remember you get what you pay for. When I first got there they let me check in 30 mins early which was nice but, i had to pay 10 dollars for parking. However I left for the beach right away when i came back my cable wasn't working so they tried to fix it and couldn't so we switch rooms. when we got to the other room it smelled like they sprayed 10 cans of Lysol my kids and i were choking and had to open all the windows for at least 3 hours before we could stand the smell. Then I got home and was looking at the website and noticed on the amenities that there was free parking one space per room. When i called to get a refund they refused to give me one and said that it was only for some rooms, and you only get it if you make phone reservations. By far the worst hotel i have stayed in OC.

Room Tip: make sure you call and
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank sambratrent
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I'm at this hotel right now, smoking a cigarette outside, its where I spend most of my time here since our room is so small and run down. Seriously it looks like an abandoned house with chipped walls, crooked floors and ceilings, rusted leaky fixtures, ancient furnishings, etc. The so called cable tv has ZERO channels that aren't infomercials. The air conditioner is noisy and sounds like its going to explode, the bathroom is tiny, the shower is tiny, Ohh and forget about even having friends come chill in your room, they aren't allowed. Then there's the outdoor "community kitchen" which is absolutely atrocious and smells like rotting meat. It's a block to the beach which is pretty cool but honestly the owner of this craphole should tear it down and build something decent.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank nasty123
Reviewed 1 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Surf Villa for a few nights just before Memorial Day weekend. We were extremely happy with the room, the customer service, and the charming family feel. We stayed in a room with a king size bed and the room was plenty big for the two of us. The bathroom (the shower especially) was somewhat small but had everything we needed. There was a small refrigerator in our room that we put to good use and were very glad to have. Also the large front porch was a wonderful place to sit and relax and we even had a view of the beach and boardwalk. Also the customer service was outstanding! All through our stay the staff were very helpful and were always asking us if there was anything we needed and how things were going, etc. If there was one thing that I could complain about it would be that bed was rather uncomfortable. We stayed for two nights and although I would of loved to have stayed longer I don't think that I could of slept on that bed one more night. But all in all, the Surf Villa was a great place to stay and I would definetly stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CjGinder
Reviewed 14 April 2011

I stayed at Surf Villa Hotel for three nights in mid August 2010. I really loved the location of the hotel. I love the ocean and the hotel is very close to the beach.
The service was great in hotel and the room I stayed was clean, no complains. Housekeepers sometimes had difficulties understanding what I was asking, but it’s not a big deal cause there was always someone to help in the lobby. Of course the building is historical, but as for me I prefer small hotels, cause they bring special home or family atmosphere to the entire time of staying. Besides people who work there are always nice and welcoming.
All in all my vacation was really enjoyable. My goal was to see as much as I can and enjoy every minute of my stay. And I can admit the hotel worth the money I spent. I managed to get all fun of OC and same time save money.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eddie41199
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I stayed at Surf Villa from Thurs – Sun for Sunfest weekend 2010. I was very disappointed. My last 2 stays previous to this were average. I had upstairs rooms that were adequate, and while I could complain about those stays, I’ll focus on the most recent one. This was my 3rd stay there and this one constituted the last. I got a lobby level room that was fairly small, but the size wasn’t an issue. My major gripes: 1) the floor was filthy; I wore white socks for just a few minutes and they turned black! 2) the furnishings were terribly aged 3) the mattress was sagging in the middle and in dire need of replacement 4) the window-mounted A/C was barely adequate 5) the electric socket (only 1) in the bathroom was too small to fit anything modern into 6) the toilet took 3 flushes to get anything down 7) the faucets in the bathroom required tremendous torque to stop the leaking 8) was only supplied a bare number of towels/washcloths 9) maybe 2-3 hangers in the closet, and they were all mangled and old 10) the television set was set on a stand way too high to watch comfortably. So if you have a few extra dollars, seek out another hotel or motel. In my opinion, this place has gone downhill so much in the last few years.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo